none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
S.David said:
What is my chance in getting PR under this stream if I am eligible?
If you meet the qualifications and within the quota, then good chance. But, only thing is how long are u willing to wait? As of now, that is still a big question - the time taken to get your PR under this stream.

dayammrma

Nov 22, 2012
Definition of breaks in university academic year!

Hi guys,
I am trying to work with an off-campus work permit which allows me to work for 20 hours on a regular basis and 40 hours on school breaks like summer break, Christmas break ..etc. Does any of you know a specific and inclusive definition of breaks during the academic year? I mean what are those breaks and what are the times for each break of them. I tried hard to find such materials on my university website but failed. Anyone to help me?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Entosis said:
If it is ok, can i ask you why you got your application returned???
My attestation letter was not sealed/ stamped by the university stamp. Then I got the cic template completed by the grad studies and stamped by them and registrar stamped it by the univ stamp and put it in an envelope and stamped the envelope by the univ. stamp. I resent my app. package back and it reached them at the Nov. 22nd.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Re: Definition of breaks in university academic year!

dayammrma said:
Hi guys,
I am trying to work with an off-campus work permit which allows me to work for 20 hours on a regular basis and 40 hours on school breaks like summer break, Christmas break ..etc. Does any of you know a specific and inclusive definition of breaks during the academic year? I mean what are those breaks and what are the times for each break of them. I tried hard to find such materials on my university website but failed. Anyone to help me?
call cic, consult ur international office and see the grad calender.

saintezym

Jul 13, 2012
Adding the attestation letter and police certificate, I re-sent my application and the package reached Sydney today. I do hope it won't be judged using the new rules, which is not beneficial for me at all.

dayammrma

Nov 22, 2012
Co-op experience!

Hi guys,

As the online resources do not provide that much about the actual experience, what do you guys think of the co-op? and please answer the following questions:
1. Given that I know the industry partner and that the type of work is related to my study field, how easy it is to get a letter from the university that states that the work is related to your field?
2. how much time does it take to process the application at the cic, specially that it should be sent by mail not submitted online?
3. Is there a ceiling on how much you get paid or it depends solely on how much the industry partner is willing to pay?
4. CIC web site states that you can work as much as you like for up to 50% of your entire study time, is that true?
5. How would you describe your Co-op experience if you have one and is it equal to actual work experience?
6. If you have further details please go ahead and tell me.

Thanks

S.David

Nov 19, 2012
websphereguy said:
If you meet the qualifications and within the quota, then good chance. But, only thing is how long are u willing to wait? As of now, that is still a big question - the time taken to get your PR under this stream.
I can wait up to 2 years. Is that enough time to get the PR?

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Re: Co-op experience!

dayammrma said:
Hi guys,

As the online resources do not provide that much about the actual experience, what do you guys think of the co-op? and please answer the following questions:
1. Given that I know the industry partner and that the type of work is related to my study field, how easy it is to get a letter from the university that states that the work is related to your field?
2. how much time does it take to process the application at the cic, specially that it should be sent by mail not submitted online?
3. Is there a ceiling on how much you get paid or it depends solely on how much the industry partner is willing to pay?
4. CIC web site states that you can work as much as you like for up to 50% of your entire study time, is that true?
5. How would you describe your Co-op experience if you have one and is it equal to actual work experience?
6. If you have further details please go ahead and tell me.

Thanks
I do not think that there is any PhD program in Canada which provide co-op option. And it sounds very good that you trust readers here. But I am not if any of them would be able to help you with that. As this post focuses mostly on our the PhD stream under FSW PR applications. Hope that I can help.

goldon

Star Member
Apr 24, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How to calculate the points for "adaptability"?

Hi guys,

I got a question here:

I am a fifth year PhD student. Am I qualified to get scores for the following?
1. Previous study in Canada for at least 2 years
2. My wife got Master's degree.

I was told that all the scores have to be counted on one person, either you or your spouse.
If that is true, I can not get 10 points because there are 5 points comes from my study experience and 5 points comes from my wife's education.

It is very important to make this clear because if I got 10 points, I will pass 67. If not, I will not be qualified.

Thanks!

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
Re: How to calculate the points for "adaptability"?

goldon said:
Hi guys,

I got a question here:

I was told that all the scores have to be counted on one person, either you or your spouse.
If that is true, I can not get 10 points because there are 5 points comes from my study experience and 5 points comes from my wife's education.

It is very important to make this clear because if I got 10 points, I will pass 67. If not, I will not be qualified.

Thanks!
I used to have this question. After I called cic several time, one officer made it clear for me.

it is your "Previous study in Canada " which means that you have to finish your phd in order to get the point for that.
if you are still student it is your Current study not your Previous study. And I guess you can get the point for your wife but not yours.

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........

goldon said:
Hi guys,

I got a question here:

Thanks!
You must have at least one year of experience. My advice is to follow the guide: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/EG7TOC.asp

B

BakerMan

hooman2012 said:
I used to have this question. After I called cic several time, one officer made it clear for me.

it is your "Previous study in Canada " which means that you have to finish your phd in order to get the point for that.
if you are still student it is your Current study not your Previous study. And I guess you can get the point for your wife but not yours.
Hi Hooman, I have a question for you. Based on what the officer told you, why did they accept the appeals of many people for the 5 points of the adaptability ? I believe that it is not still clear what they are going to do with this issue.

Do guys have any update news on this regard ?