+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

dayammrma

Nov 22, 2012
Before bank Statement!!

Hi Guys,

I found in the Immigration tracker spreadsheet that for TJ+ who was already granted the visa, it was written in front of him "MR/ before bank statement". Anyone knows what this means? and in general, do they ask for a detailed bank statement after the medical or what? I am confused. To put things in place, I have the PER status since April and still in process.
Thanks

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
indusvision said:
Really, PhD Stream is on hold right now? Its hard to believe that. There are no news about that on CIC website. I am not sure if we should believe on just one guy from CIC discussing on a discussion forum. We can only believe something once it is posted on CIC website. As per my understanding, CIC is still accepting applications under PhD Stream. However, after announcement of new rules sometime in early 2013, then applicants will have to be compliant to the new rules. I believe, as per the information from CIC website, that applicants who are eligible under PhD Stream, can still apply. This is just my opinion, based on the information I read from CIC website and information I got from CIC Call Center 2 weeks ago. Seniors, your suggestions please.
Problem with the CIC guy that I talked to during that session is that he was from the CIC based here in the local province office and not directly from Ottawa. I have doubts how much he really knows per say. Anyways, I agree with TyrusX too that CIC haven't been extremely clear on that fact --> whether or not they are going to reset the 1000 limit once passed the deadline or keep it on hold until whole of FSW starts back. Technically speaking it can go either way. Assuming if the later is true, it would have been argued that it is due to the fact that PhD stream is actually part of FSW - the 1000 limit imposed adds to FSW's total limit per year quota.

polestar707

Nov 20, 2012
If it is hold, it would be a bad news. I just sent my application two weeks ago.

What is the deadline for 2011/2012 year? And if the 1000 limit has been reached, other applications will be considered in next 2012/2013 year actomatically?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
salam20 said:
When did U leave the country that you got ur PC? Did u visited it after u issued ur PC? I am sure u should not have any update in ur criminal record after u left that country. It should be still valid then.
Two years ago. and No I did not visited it since then.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Re: Before bank Statement!!

dayammrma said:
Hi Guys,

I found in the Immigration tracker spreadsheet that for TJ+ who was already granted the visa, it was written in front of him "MR/ before bank statement". Anyone knows what this means? and in general, do they ask for a detailed bank statement after the medical or what? I am confused. To put things in place, I have the PER status since April and still in process.
Thanks
That is in the requested documents column: CIC requested his Medicals and BEFORE that he got a request for a updated bank statement.

S.David

Nov 19, 2012
Hi,

I have two questions:

1- Is medical examination done before applying the documents or after been accepted?
2- Is civilian ID and family book are required and necessary? They say in the checklist they are optional!! Does that mean if I do not supply them I will be OK?

Thanks

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
S.David said:
Hi,

I have two questions:

1- Is medical examination done before applying the documents or after been accepted?
2- Is civilian ID and family book are required and necessary? They say in the checklist they are optional!! Does that mean if I do not supply them I will be OK?

Thanks
1. After, if you get to pass all the steps before it.
2. Entering the ID number used to be mandatory on the application form.

Entosis

Oct 30, 2012
Hey guys, I sent my application in the middle of September 2012. My UPS tracking says they got it on the 12th of Sept. But I have not head back from CIC. Has anyone gotten a response from them for applications sent after that??

S.David

Nov 19, 2012
TyrusX said:
1. After, if you get to pass all the steps before it.
2. Entering the ID number used to be mandatory on the application form.
Which ID number? My civilian ID number? That is fine, what about a (translated) copy of it and the family book?

Thanks

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
blackrock said:
Hi everyone,

I know this question is not directly related to this discussion but i am asking as m going to apply under the Phd program.

Can anyone tell where can i download ielts stuff, if some1 have it can you kindly email it to me?

thnxxx
I borrowed the book from the local provincial library. You can ask the librarian for help.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
S.David said:
Which ID number? My civilian ID number? That is fine, what about a (translated) copy of it and the family book?

Thanks
I would add a translated copy of you ID document if necessary.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Entosis said:
Hey guys, I sent my application in the middle of September 2012. My UPS tracking says they got it on the 12th of Sept. But I have not head back from CIC. Has anyone gotten a response from them for applications sent after that??
things are very slow. You will need to be patient.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
TyrusX said:
things are very slow. You will need to be patient.
Oh yea. Haven't heard major progress last week. Not sure if anybody from the front Nov - Feb got any updates last week. If any of you guys / gals did, pls let us know.
Here's hoping to better news this week. Btw, how long does it take for them to respond to CAIPS request?

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
Entosis said:
According to the spreadsheet, two members here who applied in 13 and 14 of Sep. have got their PER e-mails

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
Entosis said:
i m sorry to tell u, but i had the same experience, i got my app. back after 70 days