Med's Done....
30 June 2014
Passport Req..
13 February 2015
VISA ISSUED...
20 February 2015
LANDED..........
27 February 2015
Guys, I sent an email to Ottawa right after I got rejected, asking for possibility of appeal and also returning of the documents. I got their answer back today. Based on what they said, I am gathering the documents again and will reapply soon. The bottleneck is the original work letter. Their response might be useful to others, so I bring it here (The last few sentences are scary!!!):

Dear *********: Your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker Class was considered on its substantive merits but was refused. You were provided with the decision containing the reasons for refusal of this application in our message thereby fully concluding this application. We note that you failed to demonstrate that the job duties you had performed matched the actions of the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties of the NOC codes you selected. Both requirements must be met. There is no internal appeal mechanism within CIC for this decision.

This office does not return documents submitted in support of an application for permanent residence in Canada. They form part of the record of decision and must be retained with the file.

Should you have different or additional information, you may wish to submit a new application. Should you wish to re-apply, you may submit photocopies of the documents and note that the originals were submitted with a previous application. Please note that the results of language testing are only valid for two years from the date of the examination. You should understand, however, that a new application would require submission of new processing fees and that any such application would be assessed according to the criteria in effect at that time. As a result, no assurance of success can be offered.

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
aidina said:
Did you have your last letter signed my the department?
Hey Aidina, I sent them 2 letters, one signed by the department manager and the other one by my supervisor.

I am really sad to hear about the rejection..I think I was just plain lucky or may its no. of hours vs job duties missing issue. Probably they are not so picky when the number of hours are missing..Not sure at all

JVJ

Star Member
Feb 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-Feb-2012
Doc's Request.
8-Mar-2013 - Employment Letter ; 4-Apr-2013 - POF & RCMP
AOR Received.
21-Mar-2012
Med's Request
10-May-2013
Med's Done....
23-May-2013; 27-May-2013 - Medicals emailed (by doctor) to CIC
Passport Req..
4-June-2013; Passport sent on 5-June-2013
VISA ISSUED...
17-June-2013; .....Passports rcvd on 21-June-2013
LANDED..........
30-June-2013
And my supervisor is also Department Head.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
JVJ said:
Hey Aidina, I sent them 2 letters, one signed by the department manager and the other one by my supervisor.

I am really sad to hear about the rejection..I think I was just plain lucky or may its no. of hours vs job duties missing issue. Probably they are not so picky when the number of hours are missing..Not sure at all
Oh yes, as it happened to another person as well. They are not that concerned when no of hours is missing.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
JVJ said:

Did you have both RA/TA confirmed by those two letters, or one was used for your TA, and the other for your RA? MAy you please share the text as I am preparing for re-applications. It could be helpful :).

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
Did you have both RA/TA confirmed by those two letters, or one was used for your TA, and the other for your RA? MAy you please share the text as I am preparing for re-applications. It could be helpful :).
It just does not make any sense to me, because maybe somebody just have RA and never applies for TA. Then what?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
It just does not make any sense to me, because maybe somebody just have RA and never applies for TA. Then what?
For the only TA case, one should get a letter from the department chair I suppose.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
Then how can you put TA and RA on a single letter? the department chair may not sign it.
If we have two separate letter fro RA and TA, the salary for TA would be very low. Do not think it can make a problem?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
If we have two separate letter fro RA and TA, the salary for TA would be very low. Do not think it can make a problem?
Well, no, actually in my university the salary of TA is not that low, it is 39 $/h. And in worst case you do not need to claim your TA at all, If I got rejected probably I will do this for my next application, just less head ache.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hooman2012 said:
Well, no, actually in my university the salary of TA is not that low, it is 39 $/h. And in worst case you do not need to claim your TA at all, If I got rejected probably I will do this for my next application, just less head ache.
In fact we do not need to claim any TA because it is not making a 1 year of full time experience. Do you think supervisor must sign the RA letter?

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
aidina said:
In fact we do not need to claim any TA because it is not making a 1 year of full time experience. Do you think supervisor must sign the RA letter?

In the case of TA I do agree with you because it is not making 1 year of experience and makes everything complicated.
For RA, to me I do not have anyone other than my supervisor, so, I think he must sign it .

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
hooman2012 said:
In the case of TA I do agree with you because it is not making 1 year of experience and makes everything complicated.
For RA, to me I do not have anyone other than my supervisor, so, I think he must sign it .
You're not going to get into a lot of trouble if your supervisor gave you number of hours for RA. I remember that a year ago, I drove the entire administrative ranks in my department into confusion since they insisted that they could not provide the number of hours for GRA/GRS, and nor could HR do it since the money did not come through payroll department (it's a research scholarship).

My friend (who already got his PR now through CEC), almost gave up, and was just going to wait for PNP, but I decided to take this one step further after noticing that only 'responsible officer/supervisor' need sign the letter, not HR, not payroll, not GSO. That was when I realized that, as far as work experience for CIC immigration purpose goes, then a letter signed by supervisor should be enough (and there was never a requirement that non-taxable income would not be accepted as income), PROVIDED that it contains everything as per the checklist.

I started getting everything into process, and true enough, several days later, Moira Escott from CIC Detroit mentioned the following when a lot of students asked her regarding this very issue

Students must provide the T4 (employment income) T4As (Scholarship income) and a detailed letter from their department or advisor detailing that the student has been remunerated for teaching/research conducted, responsibilities of the teaching/research, estimated hours per week the student performs this function, dates for which the remuneration (pay) covers and the dates the student conducted the teaching/research.
confirming my interpretation of what's accepted as paid work experience.

And indeed, the majority of rejections came from the fact that they did not accept the descriptions written on the letter, not the fact only RA/TA work experience is presented.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
asbereth said:
You're not going to get into a lot of trouble if your supervisor gave you number of hours for RA. I remember that a year ago, I drove the entire administrative ranks in my department into confusion since they insisted that they could not provide the number of hours for GRA/GRS, and nor could HR do it since the money did not come through payroll department (it's a research scholarship).

My friend (who already got his PR now through CEC), almost gave up, and was just going to wait for PNP, but I decided to take this one step further after noticing that only 'responsible officer/supervisor' need sign the letter, not HR, not payroll, not GSO. That was when I realized that, as far as work experience for CIC immigration purpose goes, then a letter signed by supervisor should be enough (and there was never a requirement that non-taxable income would not be accepted as income), PROVIDED that it contains everything as per the checklist.

I started getting everything into process, and true enough, several days later, Moira Escott from CIC Detroit mentioned the following when a lot of students asked her regarding this very issue

confirming my interpretation of what's accepted as paid work experience.

And indeed, the majority of rejections came from the fact that they did not accept the descriptions written on the letter, not the fact only RA/TA work experience is presented.
Thanks, very helpful.