+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
More NEWS, not sure if they are good or bad. Up to yesterday, my ECAS only said when they got my application and when they started processing it.
Today my ECAS shows 2 more lines:
1. Medical results have been received.
2. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Are this good news or bad news? I mean, I know they getting medical results is GOOD but not sure If other applicants had the second line right away.
Does this mean I'm getting passport request soon? or rejection soon?

indusvision

Sep 8, 2008
I think you will get Passport Request soon!

rgb said:
More NEWS, not sure if they are good or bad. Up to yesterday, my ECAS only said when they got my application and when they started processing it.
2. A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision.
Are this good news or bad news? I mean, I know they getting medical results is GOOD but not sure If other applicants had the second line right away.

rgb

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Tyrusx: did your ECAS also showed the line: "A decision has been made on your application. The office will contact you concerning this decision", right after medical results too?

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
rgb said:
rgb, congratulations :D :D :D Decision made after medical received usually means passport request is really soon :)

ghezvar

Apr 4, 2013
Bank statement

Hi All,
I have applied for permanent residency as a federal skill worker (PhD) and after receiving my file number, I was told by another email to send my account activity for the past 6 months. Since I did not have enough money I borrowed some from my friends. Now, they asked me again where I got the money. any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
Re: Bank statement

I'm sorry to break it to you Ghezvar but that is a serious offense. It's called misrepresentation. You cannot borrow money for the proof of funds. If (and they most likely will) find out you will be forbidden to apply for 3 years.

Your best bet is withdrawing your application. It's a hassle, but if you want to get on with the lies you might get in much bigger trouble.

Let's say you tell them your parents gave you the money. Then they might ask you for your parents' bank account to check whether there was a transfer.

Wait, I read your post again. Do you mean you sent them your 6month statement with the large deposit from your friends? If that is the case, that's not good, not good at all.Wait for senior members answers. They will be more helpful.

ghezvar said:
Hi All,
I have applied for permanent residency as a federal skill worker (PhD) and after receiving my file number, I was told by another email to send my account activity for the past 6 months. Since I did not have enough money I borrowed some from my friends. Now, they asked me again where I got the money. any suggestions or recommendations would be appreciated.

unb_wood

Mar 26, 2013
Hi Guys,

Just got email from CIC office, They rejected my application by job duties and responsibilities. The officer is also FA01772.
Actually, I prepared my RA reference letter using a template provided by my friend who successfully got his permanent residence by claiming the RA working experience.
It seems there are lots of rejections for the same reason in last few days. The PhD stream is really ridiculous. Can we find a solution together?

mike5182 said:
My officer is also FA01772, who reject me by job duties and responsibilities

salam20

Jun 29, 2012
LANDED..........
unb_wood said:
Hi Guys,

Just got email from CIC office, They rejected my application by job duties and responsibilities. The officer is also FA01772.
Actually, I prepared my RA reference letter using a template provided by my friend who successfully got his permanent residence by claiming the RA working experience.
It seems there are lots of rejections for the same reason in last few days. The PhD stream is really ridiculous. Can we find a solution together?
I am so sorry to hear that. There is a list of what we can do:

Someone can get advice on the work experience letter format including the leading statement and duties from
1) a lawyer, ( if you have a friend who works for a lawyer)
2) MP office, (you can complant to them, they know who is the right person to contacted, they willl help, as it is federal issue)
3) PhD stream program director
a) You can ask him / her to provide a template on the work experience that they are looking for Research and Teaching assisstants
b) You can ask him/ her for reconsideration of your application
c) You can ask him/ her to describe how they want the work experience letter to look like.
4) The minister office (You can complain and ask for the samethings in (3))

Please all fellows who got the rejection email, please consider two things:
1) Reconsideration letters– If the refusal was based on an error in fact or in law, and/or if that decision was not in accordance with the principles of procedural fairness, write to the Program Manager of the Canadian Visa Office to point out the errors and to request a reconsideration of the refusal decision;

2) Appeal – Wrongful refusals may, in certain instances, be appealed to the Federal Court of Canada or to the appropriate provincial court or, in the case of family sponsorships, to the Immigration Appeal Division.

the lastest two points are listed on http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/how-to-appeal-our-rejection-app-urgent-plssssssss-t96574.0.html

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
unb_wood said:
Hi Guys,

I am sorry. Lots of people have been rejected for this reason. I got rejected for the same reason a few days ago as well. May you please share your reference letter. It might be helpful for those who plan re-applying. Do not really they think that this large volume of rejection for the same reason is a bit unusual?

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
unb_wood said:
Hi Guys,

What is the exact date you submitted your application? I know you mentioned it was in March 2012. But what was the date?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
This is crazy! More and more rejections! They shouldn't have created this stream at all!