Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
hooman2012 said:
I know but, It is better than the current skilled worker if you can get 24 points for language. Is there anything bad that I did not noticed?
i believe you have to get your credentials assessed..which means more money!!

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
anjuku said:
i believe you have to get your credentials assessed..which means more money!!
More money does not really matters, what matters is , I am worry that they evaluate your masters as bachelore while university accepts your masters and you are doing your PhD. We all have seen such a stupid moves from cic so far.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
aidina said:
Guys, I was finally rejected for the reason you all know. That is unfortunate as I had other work experience from my home country that I did not claim. I did not take it seriously. Apparently, they do not consider the reference letters sent after the application date even I was told by the CIC call centre that they would consider it. I will probably prepare a new one even I am not sure if I would stay in Canada or not. I will be finishing my study in 1 year.
I am sorry to hear that. I send you a private msg. Hopefully you can help answer some the questions I have. <starting to get nervous>

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
Seems to me that he has read the letter. But, why rejected the application, weird! He clearly says your letters of reference :-X. Anyway, I put myself in this trouble.
Stop blaming yourself! Most of the PhD applicants thought designating a new stream just for them was an advantage, so they didn't care so much about the reference letter! Unfortunately, we learned the importance of the reference letter the hard way!

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
This just in...

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2013/2013-04-02.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

Most of you guys have been around at least 2 years. So you would probably know a thing or 2. But, just incase, here's a newcomer guide book which was recently issued by CIC
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/welcome/index.asp

note: has lots of things in there e.g. maternity, banking, financials, employment, buying homes, etc etc.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
More money does not really matters, what matters is , I am worry that they evaluate your masters as bachelore while university accepts your masters and you are doing your PhD. We all have seen such a stupid moves from cic so far.
More and more requirements, such as:
1- The foreign educational credential assessment
2- No more points for the spouse education, this will be replaced by language proficiency, which means IELTS!
3- No more points for Canadian children, unless they are 18 or older.
4- Less points for foreign work experience

They make it harder each time!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
N_O said:
Stop blaming yourself! Most of the PhD applicants thought designating a new stream just for them was an advantage, so they didn't care so much about the reference letter! Unfortunately, we learned the importance of the reference letter the hard way!
Did you re-apply? IF so, did you certify the copies of documents, or just sent the copies? BTW, my E-cas is stlil in process :).

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
Did you re-apply? IF so, did you certify the copies of documents, or just sent the copies? BTW, my E-cas is stlil in process :).
I just sent it today by express mail! Just copies, please do not tell me they need certified copies!

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
N_O said:
More and more requirements, such as:
1- The foreign educational credential assessment
2- No more points for the spouse education, this will be replaced by language proficiency, which means IELTS!
3- No more points for Canadian children, unless they are 18 or older.
4- Less points for foreign work experience

They make it harder each time!
I know, the only problem is the first 1.
I never had wife.
No children
If they accept my two years work experience I will pass the points.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
I know, the only problem is the first 1.
I never had wife.
No children
If they accept my two years work experience I will pass the points.
Even they accepted your degree as it is, this process needs time and effort!

hadikhan64

Feb 27, 2012
Hello every body,

I have applied under phd stream last year (Feb 2012) and I received an email from CPPO today. They have asked me a reference letter from my employer which indicates the number of hours spent on RA, TA and PhD study!

"Employment Reference Letter: A letter of reference from your employer indicating how many hours are spent in each role: Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, and PhD student. "

Therefore, I have couple of questions and will be appreciated if you give me any hints before I prepare the documents.

1- Should I ask my supervisor to write a letter for RA and my professor for TA?
2- What is the time spent on PhD student??

Thanks in advance,

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hadikhan64 said:
Hello every body,

I have applied under phd stream last year (Feb 2012) and I received an email from CPPO today. They have asked me a reference letter from my employer which indicates the number of hours spent on RA, TA and PhD study!

"Employment Reference Letter: A letter of reference from your employer indicating how many hours are spent in each role: Research Assistant, Teaching Assistant, and PhD student. "

Therefore, I have couple of questions and will be appreciated if you give me any hints before I prepare the documents.

Thanks in advance,
This is totally new! To ask about the number of hours spent as a PhD student!

You have to ask your supervisor to write a detailed reference letter that shows the number of hours you spent as an RA per week and the annual salary. Make sure not to contradict your first reference letter!

Ask your faculty to write a reference letter that shows all the courses you TAed, with the number of hours for each course and the hourly rate.

I am not sure about the time spent as a PhD student!

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
N_O said:
I just sent it today by express mail! Just copies, please do not tell me they need certified copies!
:). No the check list asks for copies. I am just double checking everything not to do another stupid thing.

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
hadikhan64 said:
Hello every body,

Thanks in advance,
If the reference letter lacks information about duties they refuse, but if it lacks information about number of hours spent, they ask for a better letter. That is crazy.