+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

Curious2

Jan 7, 2013
TyrusX said:
My GCMS notes came today, after only 21 days.
Eligibility: Passed:
Criminality: Passed Validity Date: 2015/01/20 (List all my 3 police certificates + RCMP sceening) (I think it was there on last one)
Medical: In Progress (Received) (No Notes added to it yet. So I don't know the results, I requested GCMS Notes too early on IMHO)

Activity 5: SELECTION: PASSED

Notes 2: 4 years of work experience. However, they did not accept a period of 1.1 years to which I was doing the same job, but was hired as a contractor instead of as a registered employee. Same leading statement than the other one which was accepted. Interesting, I think I didn't present them with enough information. This shows the importance of providing them with contracts and other information, only reference letter is not enough.

NO ADAPTABILITY POINTS: I think we can give up getting those points now.

No much changes in the end. Only 2 or 3 pages longer than the first one I got in November.
Hi, thanks for sharing. It is interesting since mine came today as well and for me the eligibility & medical were passed but the criminality is still in progress, RCMP screening says no reportable trace and they mentioned my 2 police clearances but it is not passed yet!! Security is blank. What is the difference between criminality and security?
One other thing is that Detroit is added as the secondary office in Jan.

Curious2

Jan 7, 2013
aidina said:
Guys, I was finally rejected for the reason you all know. That is unfortunate as I had other work experience from my home country that I did not claim. I did not take it seriously. Apparently, they do not consider the reference letters sent after the application date even I was told by the CIC call centre that they would consider it. I will probably prepare a new one even I am not sure if I would stay in Canada or not. I will be finishing my study in 1 year.
Sorry to hear that. I would try again if I were you, although applying again is a headache.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
aidina said:
Guys, I was finally rejected for the reason you all know. That is unfortunate as I had other work experience from my home country that I did not claim. I did not take it seriously. Apparently, they do not consider the reference letters sent after the application date even I was told by the CIC call centre that they would consider it. I will probably prepare a new one even I am not sure if I would stay in Canada or not. I will be finishing my study in 1 year.
I am so sorry to hear that! Do not give up! Try your best to apply before May.

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
Why before may? what is wrong with the new system?
Read this.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-12-19.asp

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
aidina said:
so sorry to hear that aidina!...so they didn't consider your second reference letter??...if you don't mind, can you share the e-mail that you got?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
Att: Those who recently got PER.

Did you guys submit certified copies or just copies of the documents in English?

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
anjuku said:
so sorry to hear that aidina!...so they didn't consider your second reference letter??...if you don't mind, can you share the e-mail that you got?

"I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from your employer did not list job duties or responsibilities as a Research Assistant that match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described under the NOC code you selected. Although the duties listed for your work as a Teaching Assistant did match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described under the NOC code you selected, you had less than the full-time equivalent of one year of work experience."

I interpret from the e-mail that he has read my 2nd letter as its says "your letters of reference from your employer". But, I have no idea why he says letters do not list .... My 2nd letter was very perfect. It will remain as a mystery forever. It seems similar to hamed's case. They read the letter but do not take it into account. However, guys you should wait to see what happens to homan 2012 as he submitted his 2nd letter a few days ago. He might get through who knows.

starrysky

Jul 4, 2012
aidina said:
oh~~shoot!! That's a really bad news. Many of us are going to be rejected due to this!!

immc

Feb 3, 2013
@TyrusX and other admins

My application was rejected this morning for zero adaptability points.
I would like to take a try to argue against CIC.
The cooperation of others who were rejected for the same reason might be required.
At least, we can figure out the best strategy based on everyone's discussion.

Would you like to offer me a favor, esp. the list of ones on the same boat with me?
Your kindness is much appreciated!

anjuku

Mar 6, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo (now transferred to Ottawa)
NOC Code......
4011 and 4012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-04-2012
Doc's Request.
16-05-2013
Nomination.....
25-04-2012 (PER)
IELTS Request
SENT WITH APPLICATION (OVERALL BAND SCORE 8.5)
Med's Request
17-05-2013
Med's Done....
23-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
04-06-2013; Passports sent in on 22-06- 2013; Passports received by ottawa on 25-06-2013
VISA ISSUED...
visas received on July 9, 2013
LANDED..........
July 10, 2013
aidina said:
"I am not satisfied that you meet these requirements. Your letters of reference from your employer did not list job duties or responsibilities as a Research Assistant that match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described under the NOC code you selected. Although the duties listed for your work as a Teaching Assistant did match the actions described in the lead statement and a substantial number of the main duties described under the NOC code you selected, you had less than the full-time equivalent of one year of work experience."

I interpret from the e-mail that he has read my 2nd letter as its says "your letters of reference from your employer". But, I have no idea why he says letters do not list .... My 2nd letter was very perfect. It will remain as a mystery forever.
that is very weird!..why did they reject you if they read your second reference letter?...maybe try ordering your caips to get more info?

N_O

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-04-2013
AOR Received.
22-04-2013(PER)
hooman2012 said:
Why before may? what is wrong with the new system?
This link says all!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-fsw-points-criteria-announced-new-federal-skilled-trades-class-fstc-t115576.0.html

aidina

Nov 21, 2012
anjuku said:
that is very weird!..why did they reject you if they read your second reference letter?...maybe try ordering your caips to get more info?
Seems to me that he has read the letter. But, why rejected the application, weird! He clearly says your letters of reference :-X. Anyway, I put myself in this trouble.

hooman2012

Nov 12, 2012
N_O said:
This link says all!

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-fsw-points-criteria-announced-new-federal-skilled-trades-class-fstc-t115576.0.html
I know but, It is better than the current skilled worker if you can get 24 points for language. Is there anything bad that I did not noticed?