+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

sallay

Oct 7, 2012
In the checklist IMM5612E, there is an item named "Identity and Civil Status Documents". In this item, there is a requirement, "National IDs, family/household registry book(if applicable)".

Is there anyone who has submitted National IDs, family/household registry book? In fact it looks like that there is no notary service for national IDs & family/household registry book in China?

How did you deal with this? Do you get PER if you have not submitted these documents?

smallkick

Star Member
Feb 9, 2012
You can use your driver license instead if you have one, regardless it's issued from China or Canada.
I used my driver license issued from Canada and got PER.
Good Luck.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
sallay said:
In the checklist IMM5612E, there is an item named "Identity and Civil Status Documents". In this item, there is a requirement, "National IDs, family/household registry book(if applicable)".

Is there anyone who has submitted National IDs, family/household registry book? In fact it looks like that there is no notary service for national IDs & family/household registry book in China?

How did you deal with this? Do you get PER if you have not submitted these documents?

if you are from India then there is no such documents. We do not have any national id. I hope if somebody belongs to China then they have national id.

beni

Dec 8, 2009
Hey guys,

I appreciate it if you can clear the air on the topic that if the RA would be counted as the work experience even if it's while you are enrolled as a student!!

Here is my self-assessment points:

1- Education: 25 (PhD student)
2- language: 14 (IELTS: listening & Reading: 6.5, Writing & Speaking: 7.5)
3- Age: 10 (26)
4- Adaptability: 5+5 (3-years in Canada and I have a brother whom is a landed immigrant)

Thus, my points add up to 59 so far. If I get the points for the work experience (15 points and in total 74 points) then everything is good. So here is what I have as a work experience:
1- I was on the work permit in Canada for 1 year (from January 2010 to December 2010) as a post secondary-research assist while I was fulfilling the requirements for my master degree (master degree not in Canada). Also, although I was working full-time, but my award (not stipend) for this period was $7500. Therefore, I think this period wont be counted as a full-time since my income was low.
2- From January 2011 I started my PhD, and my status was switched to study permit. So, if I can claim two years of university research-assistant (full-time), then it should be fine.

So, does anyone have any comments on my case whether I can count on 15 points for the work experience.

Thank you

sallay

Oct 7, 2012
smallkick said:
You can use your driver license instead if you have one, regardless it's issued from China or Canada.
I used my driver license issued from Canada and got PER.
Good Luck.
Thanks a lot. That is a good idea. ;D

sallay

Oct 7, 2012
I have a question which might be silly. In document checklist IMM5612E, a married applicant should submit marriage certificate. But I am single, do I need to submit unmarried notarization? :)

sallay

Oct 7, 2012
sallay said:
I have a question for Chinese applicants. In fact, we have to submit CADGEDC credential reports for our highest post-secondary degree.
And CADGEDC can send the copies of credential reports to foreign embassy.

Do I need to let CADGEDC send my credential reports to Canadian embassy in Beijing, CPP-Ottawa or CIC-Sydney?

Does someone have such experience? Please share me with you idea, thanks. :p
Is there anyone who has some suggestion? :)

utopie

Dec 14, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-08-2013
Nomination.....
11-09-2013
AOR Received.
30-10-2013
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
30-10-2013
Med's Request
30-10-2013
Med's Done....
02-12-2013
Interview........
n/a
Passport Req..
24-07-2014 (decision made: April 15, 2014)
VISA ISSUED...
1-09-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
sallay said:
I have a question which might be silly. In document checklist IMM5612E, a married applicant should submit marriage certificate. But I am single, do I need to submit unmarried notarization? :)
Hahaha no Sallay, no need ;D I applied as single without any notarization and got my PER.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
beni said:
Hey guys,

I appreciate it if you can clear the air on the topic that if the RA would be counted as the work experience even if it's while you are enrolled as a student!!

Here is my self-assessment points:

1- Education: 25 (PhD student)
2- language: 14 (IELTS: listening & Reading: 6.5, Writing & Speaking: 7.5)
3- Age: 10 (26)
4- Adaptability: 5+5 (3-years in Canada and I have a brother whom is a landed immigrant)

Thus, my points add up to 59 so far. If I get the points for the work experience (15 points and in total 74 points) then everything is good. So here is what I have as a work experience:
1- I was on the work permit in Canada for 1 year (from January 2010 to December 2010) as a post secondary-research assist while I was fulfilling the requirements for my master degree (master degree not in Canada). Also, although I was working full-time, but my award (not stipend) for this period was $7500. Therefore, I think this period wont be counted as a full-time since my income was low.
2- From January 2011 I started my PhD, and my status was switched to study permit. So, if I can claim two years of university research-assistant (full-time), then it should be fine.

So, does anyone have any comments on my case whether I can count on 15 points for the work experience.

Thank you
you don't get the point for being 3 years in canada and you will get the point for the work experience.

Stuck In Quebec

Jul 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
complicated
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-08-2012
Doc's Request.
17-04-2013
AOR Received.
08-11-2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
08-11-2012
Med's Request
23-11-2013
Med's Done....
29-11-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
16-01-3014
LANDED..........
21-01-2014
Uwindsor2009 said:
if you are from India then there is no such documents. We do not have any national id. I hope if somebody belongs to China then they have national id.
Candidates from India though can attach any one of the following: copy of voter ID card, driving license, ration card and if you have the biometric national ID card issued in Delhi NCR as a pilot project. Voter ID card is considered as a national ID card. Some states also issue state domicile certificate with pic on it.

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
My application reached CIO this morning (Dec. 31, 2012), so um still a 2012 applicant :)

beni

Dec 8, 2009
TyrusX said:
you don't get the point for being 3 years in canada and you will get the point for the work experience.
Thanks for the reply TyruX.

I think I will get the 5 points since I completed two years of studies (PhD) in Canada within those three years, don't I? And additional 5 for the family in Canada.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
beni said:
Thanks for the reply TyruX.

I think I will get the 5 points since I completed two years of studies (PhD) in Canada within those three years, don't I? And additional 5 for the family in Canada.
Hi beni, if you can pass the 67 point mark without these previous study adaptability points, then I would say you have a pretty good chance for eligibility.

Make sure though, that you try to document as complete as possible, proving your relationship with your brother, so they won't have any excuse to deny you these 5 points from your PR brother (REALLY important since you WON'T have enough points without these 5 points). Things like birth certificate, family card, etc. There had been cases where the relationship was not considered to be legit, thus, not acknowledged, so you really want to pay attention on this.

And do not rely on the 5 previous study points, since so far, those without a Canadian degree had been rejected these 5 points, even though they had done more than 2 years of full-time studies in Canada.

Regarding your work experience, I personally know two persons that have passed the medical stage (one of them had his PR already) with just TA/RA experience (for CEC). So TA/RA, as TyrusX mentioned, whether taxable or non-taxable, provided that you can submit as detailed non-contradictory information (as per the checklist) as possible, it should be accepted.

Karmen

Jun 5, 2012
Hi guys .... some good news over here ..... I received my passport request today !!!!!

Good luck for all of you !!!!

beni

Dec 8, 2009
asbereth said:
Hi beni, if you can pass the 67 point mark without these previous study adaptability points, then I would say you have a pretty good chance for eligibility.

Make sure though, that you try to document as complete as possible, proving your relationship with your brother, so they won't have any excuse to deny you these 5 points from your PR brother (REALLY important since you WON'T have enough points without these 5 points). Things like birth certificate, family card, etc. There had been cases where the relationship was not considered to be legit, thus, not acknowledged, so you really want to pay attention on this.

And do not rely on the 5 previous study points, since so far, those without a Canadian degree had been rejected these 5 points, even though they had done more than 2 years of full-time studies in Canada.

Regarding your work experience, I personally know two persons that have passed the medical stage (one of them had his PR already) with just TA/RA experience (for CEC). So TA/RA, as TyrusX mentioned, whether taxable or non-taxable, provided that you can submit as detailed non-contradictory information (as per the checklist) as possible, it should be accepted.
Thank you asbereth for your complete answer.

In the case of 5 points for two years of studies in Canada, I'm a bit surprised! According to CIC website (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/factor-adaptability.asp), it clearly mentions "There is no need to have obtained a degree or diploma for these two years of study to earn these points".

Also, for the proof of relatives in Canada, I 'll submit all of the document that I have (birth certificates and passport copies for my parents and my brother and myself); but, my concerns is that in my brother's passport our father's name is spelled differently (U instead of O). Do you think this would be a problem?

Anyway, I will be able to submit my application by the end of January. Fingers crossed :)