Star Member
Mar 6, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
cheeta37 said:
Dear seniors

i applied under FSW category in jun 2009 and got rejection in 2012

the reason of rejection was miscalculation of job experience duration by the Visa officer, i send the reconsideration request but it was also rejected. now i am doing my MS in Business Administration and planning to start my Phd in Management Sciences from canada in next year

i am here to get all the information and tips regarding to be eligible and to get admission in Phd program from canada.

can u people advise on which areas should i start working at least 1 year before what could be the general requirements of Canadian universities for phd and what could be the strengthen points to get approval for admission

cheeta
Dear Cheeta,

You need to check the official websites of the various universities for information and the general requirements for admission. I don't think people here on this thread are able to help you in this regard.

xhiddenx

Mar 1, 2012
Holygun said:
I picked my application package from the canada post office....

I will be sending everything back tomorrow :) they haven't opened any envelopes they have some check marks on the forms :) and received stamp on the first page...

since bank statement is good for 6 months and police certificate for 1 year (as stated on document checklist)
Tomorrow morning I will courier it and they will receieve it on monday morning 9.00AM lol

:)
Look at checklist and other forms. Make sure send updated forms ;)

MASOUD2011

Star Member
Nov 28, 2011
Bad news! "I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada."

It was all about my available fund...Anyways, I think I have to start all over again. But I was wondering if the Ontario Nominee Program would be a better and faster alternative.

ojohn22

Star Member
Apr 4, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
Police cert-20-05-2015
Nomination.....
18-02-2015
File Transfer...
04-03-2015
Med's Request
20-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015(uploaded on 24-06)
Interview........
3rd Line Update-30-06-2015
Passport Req..
10-12-2015;PP Arrived CIC-15-12-2015; return tracker activated: 31/12/2015
VISA ISSUED...
RCVD PP-05/01/16 (8:30 pm NL time) Visa Issu 17/12/2015
LANDED..........
Jan. 15. 2016 (local CIC office); PR Card recvd- about 16/02/2016
MASOUD2011 said:
Bad news! "I have now completed the assessment of your application for a permanent resident visa as a skilled worker. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada."

It was all about my available fund...Anyways, I think I have to start all over again. But I was wondering if the Ontario Nominee Program would be a better and faster alternative.
What about your available funds?

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
MASOUD2011 said:

Oh shoot, MASOUD2011, when did you get the news? And also roughly what was the figure you gave for your available funds?

hossein61

Apr 17, 2012
MASOUD2011 said:

I am so sorry to hear that. :( I think apply for CEC is a better idea. My friends got PR in 6-8 months in this category.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
Holygun said:
I picked my application package from the canada post office....

I will be sending everything back tomorrow :) they haven't opened any envelopes they have some check marks on the forms :) and received stamp on the first page...

since bank statement is good for 6 months and police certificate for 1 year (as stated on document checklist)
Tomorrow morning I will courier it and they will receieve it on monday morning 9.00AM lol

:)
Recheck the forms carefully. One or two days will not matter but be sure that every thing is in order. wish you good Luck this time

The_Prince

Oct 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2012
Doc's Request.
POF: 21-03-2014
Nomination.....
PER: 18-02-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP (sent with application)
Med's Request
28-03-2014
Med's Done....
31-03-2014
Passport Req..
21-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
05-06-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
MASOUD2011 said:

What a bad news :/

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Hi, I got my employment letter today from the department. The letter says about my full time graduate student status with 36 hours of work per week, start and current contract ending date of my employment and salary (termed as "stipend" though). The letter was issued by the payroll administration of the department. Should this letter be okay for the purpose of PR application? I'm also going to request another letter from the HR department to see how actually they treat my employment. One thing the departmental employment letter did not mention is my responsibility, however, I can ask our grad. coordinator to write that letter. After calculating my points for PR application with the given information in the employment letter, I am getting 68 without the adaptability point.

Now, if I find that HR letter is different (not fulfilling the required point for my application) from the departmental letter, should I proceed with the departmental letter?

Thanks.

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
New13 said:
Hi, I got my employment letter today from the department. The letter says about my full time graduate student status with 36 hours of work per week, start and current contract ending date of my employment and salary (termed as "stipend" though). The letter was issued by the payroll administration of the department. Should this letter be okay for the purpose of PR application? I'm also going to request another letter from the HR department to see how actually they treat my employment. One thing the departmental employment letter did not mention is my responsibility, however, I can ask our grad. coordinator to write that letter. After calculating my points for PR application with the given information in the employment letter, I am getting 68 without the adaptability point.

Now, if I find that HR letter is different (not fulfilling the required point for my application) from the departmental letter, should I proceed with the departmental letter?

Thanks.
Your letter should mention key responsibilities as a GA.

New13

Dec 7, 2012
Uwindsor2009 said:
Your letter should mention key responsibilities as a GA.
Thanks. should I get a new one with the responsibility information with the already given info Or another supplementary letter will work? Is there any difference between the responsibility of Graduate student and Graduate assistant (should the term 'GA' be there in the letter instead of graduate student)? TA is not compulsory in my department (they pay extra for TA). Where can I find a template for such letter?

Dec 25, 2012
Hi Everyone

I will be a two years Phd student in January. I have currently 66 points and without the Adaptability points Im not qualified to apply. having said that I was going to claim two years-40hr/week RA.
Has anyone recently been rejected by Ottawa office becuz of lack of adaptability?
What do you thinks guys? Do I need to apply in next ten days or wait for the new regulations being applied on May 3rd.
Thanks

Uwindsor2009

Star Member
Dec 5, 2012
New13 said:
Thanks. should I get a new one with the responsibility information with the already given info Or another supplementary letter will work? Is there any difference between the responsibility of Graduate student and Graduate assistant (should the term 'GA' be there in the letter instead of graduate student)? TA is not compulsory in my department (they pay extra for TA). Where can I find a template for such letter?

See this link

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/noc/english/noc/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=4&val1=4012&val65=*

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
MASOUD2011 said:

So sorry to hear that Massoud

sallay

Oct 7, 2012
sallay said:
Hi guys,

I received my English test score recently. I would like to start my application after Christmas. But I feel there is too much information about application, and I am afraid that I am very confused.

Is there any package which has guidance for application (like what kind of supporting materials should I prepare) and application procedure (like which office should I contact). If someone has these materials, could you please provide them to me? I am very sorry that maybe I missed some information in the previous threads.

Thank you very much for your help ;D
Hello folks, could you please give me some suggestion?
Thanks a lot in advance.