26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
TyrusX said:
AND GIVEN that there were NO other MI saying otherwise, we can assume the caps should be reset today, at least internally.
That's what I'm thinking as well, though it would be nice to actually get some official announcement regarding the matter. We were getting several news releases for the past couple of days, but nothing was said at all about the PhD stream.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Hi Guys,

Check it out. This just in from CIC, http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-11-02.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic

I've taken part of the statement and posted it here. But you'd be interested to read the rest.

Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) announced today it will admit up to 55,300 persons in the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) category in 2013. Combined with previous actions taken to manage the backlog, this means by the end of 2013 we will be able to process new applications as they are received – a “just in time” system – and aim to process them in less than a year, instead of up to eight years under the old FSW program. In addition, CIC expects to clear the FSW applications received to date by the end of 2014, three years earlier than originally expected.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Thanks for the info. At least we know for sure that we will very likely get our PR by the end of 2014 ::) I wish they can implement the 'just-in-time' system now, though given the amount of backlog from MI-1 applications, it would be impossible (MI-2, if I'm not mistaken, was the very first time they explicitly capped the amount of FSW applications they received per year). They still didn't say anything about the PhD stream though, which would mean, as TyrusX mentioned, that the cap must have been reset, and the PhD stream will survive for at least another year :)

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
asbereth said:
Thanks for the info. At least we know for sure that we will very likely get our PR by the end of 2014 ::) I wish they can implement the 'just-in-time' system now, though given the amount of backlog from MI-1 applications, it would be impossible (MI-2, if I'm not mistaken, was the very first time they explicitly capped the amount of FSW applications they received per year). They still didn't say anything about the PhD stream though, which would mean, as TyrusX mentioned, that the cap must have been reset, and the PhD stream will survive for at least another year :)
Asbereth, I'd be a little more optimistic. I think they won't screw things up this time round despite the fact that the JIT system won't be ready by next year. Infact, I dare say that since PhD stream is a new program, they probably would ensure it doesn't get a negative light by the applicants. So, I think you'd see that the early folks who applied should have PR by latest mid of next yr. But that's my feeling.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Asbereth, I'd be a little more optimistic. I think they won't screw things up this time round despite the fact that the JIT system won't be ready by next year. Infact, I dare say that since PhD stream a new program, they probably would ensure it doesn't get a negative light by the applicants. So, I think you'd see that the early folks who applied should have PR by latest mid of next yr. But that's my feeling.
So far PPR has been under an year for those that got medical request. An small exception seems to be our fellow Iranians, which may or may not be due to the current state of Canada-Iran interstate relationship, as they have not gotten to MR yet. It is possible that they may be stuck in the background security check. Our fellow Egyptians on the other hand make the majority of the PPR recipients. We know from a few posts here that some later applicants already got PR as well, while I still believe that they are outliers, we could (guess and) say that the average processing time will be about 15±2 months with some cases taking only about 6±2 months for the best case scenario.

crazyleader

May 31, 2012
Hello guys,
I'm here with a good and a not good news. 1) I got an email today from CIC replaying on the bank statement I previously sent them. It's good in the sense that it shows the things are going again even for Iranians.
2) the not good part is mine, because they have asked me to prove I am not intending to live in Quebec; they might ask such thing from other Quebec students as well. I am very confused right now, because I do not know what kind of document would be helpful in this mater. The content of the email they sent me is as below.
"I am writing you this letter to express my serious concerns regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.

As per Regulation 75(1), the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Toronto, Ontario, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. Furthermore, you have not completed your course of study at University. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other that the Province of Quebec.

Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information and/or documentation that would allay my concern. You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/or documentation to me"

Would you please let me know what kind of document would resolve the issue? Does it makes it faster if I submit by email?

lucyyang

Sep 3, 2009
Hello All,

It is my first time to post here. I was very sad as my application got refused today. I would like to share my application journey with you and hope you can get around this muddy point for your own case.

My application package was submitted on Nov.8, 2011, received the file number on March 15, 2012. On June 16, 2012 I was required for the documents about my employment letter including detail information about the duty, time period and salaries. On July 16, 2012, I was required to provide the proof of funds for myself. Today Nov.2, 2012, I was informed my application got refused by email. The reason was said to be the following:

***For your family size of 2 persons, the minimum funds requirement currently is CAD $13,837. You have presented evidence of your currently available funds, net of outstanding debts, which total only $13,252.91. You have not submitted evidence that you have obtained arranged employment within the meaning of the Regulations. Therefore I am not satisfied that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.***

My argument is that I always thought my fund proof should include my current available fund in the bank ($13,252.91) as well as the stated annual salary (~$20,000) in the employment letter from the University. In addition, in July I also provided the employment letter for my husband where stated his duty for his pernament job and his annual salary. However, the final decision is stuck at his point! only $600 difference! Now I am very confused that if the fund proof should or not include my annual salary as stated in the employment letter. I don't know if I should appeal or not. Very frustrated!

Lucy

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
crazyleader said:
Hello guys,
I'm here with a good and a not good news. 1) I got an email today from CIC replaying on the bank statement I previously sent them. It's good in the sense that it shows the things are going again even for Iranians.
2) the not good part is mine, because they have asked me to prove I am not intending to live in Quebec; they might ask such thing from other Quebec students as well. I am very confused right now, because I do not know what kind of document would be helpful in this mater. The content of the email they sent me is as below.
"I am writing you this letter to express my serious concerns regarding your application for permanent residence in Canada under the Canadian Experience Class.

As per Regulation 75(1), the Federal Skilled Worker Class is prescribed as a class of persons who may become permanent residents on the basis of their ability to become economically established in Canada and who intend to reside in a province other than the Province of Quebec. Although you indicated on your application form that you intend to reside in Toronto, Ontario, you currently live and work in Montreal, Quebec. Furthermore, you have not completed your course of study at University. I am concerned that you do not intend to live in a province other that the Province of Quebec.

Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information and/or documentation that would allay my concern. You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/or documentation to me"

Would you please let me know what kind of document would resolve the issue? Does it makes it faster if I submit by email?
The thing is, how long will you take to graduate? It seems like you can't receive the visa, land and go to Quebec to study. You have to prove that this will not happen.

esi110

Aug 23, 2012
crazyleader said:
Hello guys,

Dear CrazyLeader,
It is very confusing and can be a big problem. I am at the same situation, Iranian and applied from Quebec and at least two years is remained from my course. I haven't received any document request yet but I think with the trend I should receive the same letter soon.
I doubt if a just information letter explaining our intention would be enough. I know so many people who got their PR from federal streams while they were studying in Quebec ( people who applied before 2009) and some of them just got their PR in last year. We can ask them as well. If you are interested we can keep in touch or see each other to find a good solution for this problem while we are in touch with the forum. This way we might be able to solve your problem ( and my potential problem) soon and share the results with the forum.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
lucyyang said:
Hello All,

It is my first time to post here. I was very sad as my application got refused today. I would like to share my application journey with you and hope you can get around this muddy point for your own case.

My application package was submitted on Nov.8, 2011, received the file number on March 15, 2012. On June 16, 2012 I was required for the documents about my employment letter including detail information about the duty, time period and salaries. On July 16, 2012, I was required to provide the proof of funds for myself. Today Nov.2, 2012, I was informed my application got refused by email. The reason was said to be the following:

***For your family size of 2 persons, the minimum funds requirement currently is CAD $13,837. You have presented evidence of your currently available funds, net of outstanding debts, which total only $13,252.91. You have not submitted evidence that you have obtained arranged employment within the meaning of the Regulations. Therefore I am not satisfied that you will be able to become economically established in Canada.***

My argument is that I always thought my fund proof should include my current available fund in the bank ($13,252.91) as well as the stated annual salary (~$20,000) in the employment letter from the University. In addition, in July I also provided the employment letter for my husband where stated his duty for his pernament job and his annual salary. However, the final decision is stuck at his point! only $600 difference! Now I am very confused that if the fund proof should or not include my annual salary as stated in the employment letter. I don't know if I should appeal or not. Very frustrated!

Lucy
I'm sorry to hear of you rejection. But welcome to the group.
Yes. You should appeal. If you supervisor promised to fund you until the end of your education, you may be able to say that this is a valid offer of employment. You are indeed employed by the university if you are a TA. Ask him a letter.

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
lucyyang said:
Hello All,

Lucy
Definitely you have to appeal, you can also go to your local MP(Member of Parliament ) and describe your situation with your supporting documents (e.g. employment letter of your husband and your current account balance), I think you can even now send CIC your proof of fund if you have more than CAD $13,837 in you account !

lucyyang

Sep 3, 2009
TyrusX said:
I'm sorry to hear of you rejection. But welcome to the group.
Yes. You should appeal. If you supervisor promised to fund you until the end of your education, you may be able to say that this is a valid offer of employment. You are indeed employed by the university if you are a TA. Ask him a letter.
Thanks for your quick reply, TyrusX. Do you know any procedure about appeal?

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Dani knows. Dani1982, can you help her?
Also lucyyang, did you receive medical request or any other communication with them?

lucyyang

Sep 3, 2009
Dani1982 said:
Definitely you have to appeal, you can also go to your local MP(Member of Parliament ) and describe your situation with your supporting documents (e.g. employment letter of your husband and your current account balance), I think you can even now send CIC your proof of fund if you have more than CAD $13,837 in you account !
Thanks, Dani1982. Even though I do have more than $13,837 in my account now, I am afraid they have stopped processing my case by accepting any additional documents. Is there any similar case before, say, accept additional supportive documents after the rejection?