+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

mapleisland

Star Member
Jun 25, 2012
TaylorWang said:
My credit card is still not charged yet. (application arrived at Sep 7th, 2012)
It is almost 2 months, longer than usual according to what I find in this thread. Does anyone have similar situation? Should I contact Sydney? And how?
Thanks for any suggestions.
My docu has arrived at Sep 4th 2012, and the same thing here.

Feb 21, 2012
uwoguy said:
TyrusX,
While it's great to see such an active member as you are, yet please don't misinform fellow students about Ph.D. stream. There is no such thing as 'lack of respect'. As I mentioned in my post, I know grad students who got PR in 4 months. It's much faster than any other stream. I personally got PR in 6 months. You had a choice to process your application through the Canadian Embassy in Brazil. You didn't do that.
According to the excel sheet, you applied in January 2012. It's next to impossible to prepare all the documents by that time - police clearance, bank statements, IELTS scores. I'm more than sure you didn't provide all the information needed to process your PR on time. Moreover, if you applied through Buffalo, your file was transferred to Ottawa with a bunch of other files. It's just a bad luck, that's all. However, please stop making negative comments about CIC process. You made a mistake so please deal with it by waiting while your application is processed. You wanted to be one of the first 'smarter' ones to apply and it looks like it's hard for you to see other students getting PR status before you. That's why you are making all those negative comments on the forum. CIC will process your application, just please have patience and siphon your anger and frustration somewhere else.

Once again, fellow students , please make sure you submit everything in one file. Sometimes it's worth to wait 1 extra month. Keep in mind every time CIC requests extra documents, the processing of your file is postponed by 60-90 days. Even if you send the documents right away, your file won't be touched until the deadline given to you.
Someone got PR earlier by hiring a lawyer and maybe some luck, so he thinks he knows everything and judge others easily...

Speaking from my own experience, your last paragraph about 60-90 days no touching is not true at all.

Shomo

Mar 27, 2012
uwoguy said:
TyrusX,
While it's great to see such an active member as you are, yet please don't misinform fellow students about Ph.D. stream. There is no such thing as 'lack of respect'. As I mentioned in my post, I know grad students who got PR in 4 months. It's much faster than any other stream. I personally got PR in 6 months. You had a choice to process your application through the Canadian Embassy in Brazil. You didn't do that.
According to the excel sheet, you applied in January 2012. It's next to impossible to prepare all the documents by that time - police clearance, bank statements, IELTS scores. I'm more than sure you didn't provide all the information needed to process your PR on time. Moreover, if you applied through Buffalo, your file was transferred to Ottawa with a bunch of other files. It's just a bad luck, that's all. However, please stop making negative comments about CIC process. You made a mistake so please deal with it by waiting while your application is processed. You wanted to be one of the first 'smarter' ones to apply and it looks like it's hard for you to see other students getting PR status before you. That's why you are making all those negative comments on the forum. CIC will process your application, just please have patience and siphon your anger and frustration somewhere else.

Once again, fellow students , please make sure you submit everything in one file. Sometimes it's worth to wait 1 extra month. Keep in mind every time CIC requests extra documents, the processing of your file is postponed by 60-90 days. Even if you send the documents right away, your file won't be touched until the deadline given to you.
Your are not only judging TyrusX here, but also insulting a lot of other people. Many of us (Iranians I know in particular) have chosen Buffalo as their visa office, because in any case it will be much faster than the visa office of our own country. By the way, how on earth people were supposed to know that Buffalo visa office was gonna shut down and the files were to be sent to Ottawa?
Also, I have sent my application on November 6th, and I have sent EVERYTHING they asked for. Still they have asked me to send updated bank accounts twice. It is not like everyone who has submitted his file before you, has some missing documents.
So first, you are not the only smart person here. Everyone tries to take optimal decisions based on the information they have at the time. Some are just luckier. Second you don't know anything about anyone here, so just don't jump to conclusions based on the limited information people post here.
And TyrusX is right. CIC is doing a very bad job regarding this stream. Just look at the number on their website, It is stuck at eight hundred something while they have told people who call them that they had more than nine hundred applications three weeks ago. I don't think updating a number is a difficult thing. same for ECAS statuses.

Feb 21, 2012
uwoguy said:
I never said I know any better. I wasn't even that lucky. I actually followed a good advice of a Ph.D. student who got his PR in 4 months. I simply shared his advice + my own experience on this forum.
About 60-90 days it's actually true. When CIC asks you to send a bank statement, they give you 60 days to reply. They won't touch your file for 60 days (it's called 'bring forward' date in CAIPS notes).
VO (visa officer) might touch it earlier, but only if you are lucky or ask about it. The way it works is - you send a document and somebody else adds it to your file. VO who evaluates your application doesn't even know if you sent the document or not. After 60 day, VO will check your file to see if you sent it or not. It's that simple.

But, of course, your know better lawliet4401728?
No, i'm quite sure you know much more than me from your paid lawyer and your friend.

As you said, maybe i'm just lucky not following your 60-90 days rule, your majesty :D

I appreciate your sharing exp a lot, but not as much as i appreciate TyrusX

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
lawliet4401728 said:
No, i'm quite sure you know much more than me from your paid lawyer and your friend.

As you said, maybe i'm just lucky not following your 60-90 days rule, your majesty :D

I appreciate your sharing exp a lot, but not as much as i appreciate TyrusX
Guys, don't worry so much. The guy came here with the best intentions, I'm sure he wanted to help as much as everyone. It is a good thing that he got PR so fast. I also hired a lawyer, but just to review my documents before I applied. This was still in November when no one new nothing about the stream. Actually, many of the incorrect things said here in the beginning were due to the unknown situation even to the lawyers. For example, she told me that RA would not be a valid thing back then, and I now regret not having added that to my application. And he may be right to point that it may be the best to send the application to your home country, which my lawyer actually advised against back in the day as well. (I wasted money! lol) Thanks to all the discussions here, with many people, especially asberet, dani1982, ejamal, snow_walker, Massound,websphereguy and many others, we got as close as humanly possible to capture most of the details of the stream. We hope our contributions here help everyone to be happier :)

snow_walker

Star Member
Nov 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-11-2011
Hi everyone,
Just checked my email (was in a flight whole day) and I got the passport request today! I believe things have started moving. Good luck to you all. Special thanks to TyrusX for all his efforts... .

***No point of arguing. shouldn't have fed the troll :( ***

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
snow_walker said:
Hi everyone,
Just checked my email (was in a flight whole day) and I got the passport request today! I believe things have started moving. Good luck to you all. Special thanks to TyrusX for all his efforts... .
Congrats Snow_walker! I will let you set your own date on the spreadsheet tonight! Really glad for you!!! After all, it is only because of you we are all here today. About the other uwoguy, just let it be, don't keep hate on your heart!

ALSO, did you get medical request as well or did you forget to report it before?!

uwoguy

Oct 19, 2012
TyrusX said:
For example, she told me that RA would not be a valid thing back then, and I now regret not having added that to my application. And he may be right to point that it may be the best to send the application to your home country, which my lawyer actually advised against back in the day as well. (I wasted money! lol) Thanks to all the discussions here, with many people, especially asberet, dani1982, ejamal, snow_walker, Massound,websphereguy and many others, we got as close as humanly possible to capture most of the details of the stream. We hope our contributions here help everyone to be happier :)
TyrusX,
You are right about lawyers. Most of them (esp low-level paralegals) don't know how to deal with Visa offices abroad. And I can also confirm that the lawyer I hired didn't know about Ph.D. stream, even though he is kind of famous in the city (no names, I don't want to be blamed for 'advertisings'). In reality the lawyer is needed just for the introduction letter and in case something goes south (Lawyers can file an appeal with a federal court and nobody wants it).
By the way, how did you get your police clearance from Brazil? Through the embassy or through the home country?

a_nashed

Star Member
May 12, 2012
Congratulations :D

snow_walker said:
Hi everyone,

And HATE to see that uwoguy in this forum. Please go to hell and don't bother us! Nobody care about your your *censored word*ty posts... If you think you should let other know your *censored word*s, then start another thread and post all you want. This is not your place (i don't even care whether your posts are useful or not. I don't like people with sick mentality)

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Guys as in the words of some of the folks earlier post, let's not give more attention to this fella than he already deserves. I think we all know why we are here. Just ignore this dude and treat it like noise. After all we are all PhD students/ grad so I suppose that should account for something.

30pixie

Mar 29, 2012
TyrusX, apparently my account doesn't allow to send direct messages, so I can't reply directly to you. I haven't received anything since my last post. I'll post here if/when I get any news.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
websphereguy said:
Guys as in the words of some of the folks earlier post, let's not give more attention to this fella than he already deserves. I think we all know why we are here. Just ignore this dude and treat it like noise. After all we are all PhD students/ grad so I suppose that should account for something.
Let the guy be. He has a right to free speech and he can say and think wherever he wants. He can guess who I feel as much as he wants, it doesn't matter to me.

So as of MI-4: http://www.gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2011/2011-11-05/html/notice-avis-eng.html#d108

For the unique purpose of calculating the cap, the first cap year for the PhD stream will begin on November 5, 2011 and end on October 31, 2012, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction. Subsequent years will be calculated from November 1 to October 31, unless otherwise indicated in a future Ministerial Instruction.
AND GIVEN that there were NO other MI saying otherwise, we can assume the caps should be reset today, at least internally.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
IELTS Request
sent with application
Thanks dear! I was just wondering if you had any news since you were the only one to apply to a different Visa Office around here, at least that said it so clearly.

Buenas suerte!