Applicant from PhD program after 5 Nov, 2011 connect here to get status

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tahhiir said:
To All the Applicants with PER,

If you are in Ontario, You are eligible for OHIP and your spouses too.
All you have to do is to appeal the decision taken at ServiceOntario, if it is not in your favor.
Any benefits for Quebec applicants?

moonbow2010

Feb 16, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
Med's Request
07-05-2014
Med's Done....
24-06-2014
tahhiir said:
To All the Applicants with PER,

If you are in Ontario, You are eligible for OHIP and your spouses too.
All you have to do is to appeal the decision taken at ServiceOntario, if it is not in your favor.
Dear,

Would u mind sharing ur personal experience of success in getting the OHIP?

Like, when u got ur PER and when u applied for OHIP?

Cause I appealed the decision, I failed to get their approval.

Thank u so much. It would benefit a lot of PhD folks here.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Another uneventful week just passed.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
websphereguy said:
Another uneventful week just passed.
Its better in a sense that haven't heard any bad news (rejection) for any applicant..;).

Brit_Immigrant

Star Member
May 16, 2012
MH_A said:
Take it easy! The more you expect and bother yourself, the longer it looks like!
I agree. The fact is that they are going to go through the applications in chronological order and they are only at mid 2010, which is fair as those guys have been waiting for ages. Don't expect even a medical request this side of January 2013! However, if their method of dividing the applicants through all of the VO's starts to work, everyone in this stream should be looking good next year.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
Brit_Immigrant said:
I agree. The fact is that they are going to go through the applications in chronological order and they are only at mid 2010, which is fair as those guys have been waiting for ages. Don't expect even a medical request this side of January 2013! However, if their method of dividing the applicants through all of the VO's starts to work, everyone in this stream should be looking good next year.
Our mistake was to send our applications to Buffalo. If you are from somewhere where it is legal to send Passports by mail, I think is the best to send your applications to a VO in your homecountry. Our only 2012 applicant to get MR so far did this, and got her MR almost 3 MONTHS AGO!

MH_A

Star Member
Aug 12, 2012
TyrusX said:
Our mistake was to send our applications to Buffalo. If you are from somewhere where it is legal to send Passports by mail, I think is the best to send your applications to a VO in your homecountry. Our only 2012 applicant to get MR so far did this, and got her MR almost 3 MONTHS AGO!
Do other people check the forum and update their status or they just posted their status once and never came back?

Mir Ahasan

Sep 21, 2012
I am 3rd year PhD student, interested to apply for Permanent Resident under Federal Skill Worker PhD program. I need one year continuous work experience to get 67 points, to be eligible to apply under this program.

I have a question, does it require to have work experience under single employer or we can combine multiple (Two) employers? What if one of the employer is from out side of Canada?

informer2000

Star Member
Oct 6, 2008
Mir Ahasan said:
I have a question, does it require to have work experience under single employer or we can combine multiple (Two) employers? What if one of the employer is from out side of Canada?
No, the important thing is that in total you have been continuously working full-time for at least one year without any large gaps in between. For example, if you worked for emlpoyer A for 3 months, employer B for 7 months, and employer C for 2 months and the total number of working hours is no less than 1950 (full-time is 37.5 hours/week), then you have a one year experience. Whether your employment was in or outside Canada does not matter (as far as I know), as long as you provide proof.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
MH_A said:
Do other people check the forum and update their status or they just posted their status once and never came back?
People frequently check the forum, fewer post but they are here.

Mir Ahasan

Sep 21, 2012
informer2000 said:
No, the important thing is that in total you have been continuously working full-time for at least one year without any large gaps in between. For example, if you worked for emlpoyer A for 3 months, employer B for 7 months, and employer C for 2 months and the total number of working hours is no less than 1950 (full-time is 37.5 hours/week), then you have a one year experience. Whether your employment was in or outside Canada does not matter (as far as I know), as long as you provide proof.
Thank you for your value able information.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
TyrusX said:
But If I didn't get you wrong, isn't that you have to send your applications to a VO in states(before all VO office in states were closed) or within Canada whenever you are a resident of Canada. I might be wrong but I was informed this from our International student centre.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
Mir Ahasan said:
I am 3rd year PhD student, interested to apply for Permanent Resident under Federal Skill Worker PhD program. I need one year continuous work experience to get 67 points, to be eligible to apply under this program.

This is the regulation of Immigration and Refugee protection :
While your application for the Phd program meets one of the requirements of the Ministerial Instructions now in effect, to be eligible for processing, your work experience must still meet the minimal requirements as defined in subsection 75(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations that states that a foreign national is a skilled worker if:

a) within the ten years preceding the date of their application for a permanent resident visa, they, have at least one year of continuous full-time (37.5 hours/week) employment experience as described in subsection 80(7), or the equivalent in continuous part-time employment in one or more occupations, other than a restricted occupation, that are listed in Skill Type 0 Management Occupations or Skill Levels A or B of the National Occupational Classification matrix;

b) during that period of employment they performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification; and

c) during that period of employment they performed a substantial number of the main duties of the occupation as set out in the occupational descriptions of the National Occupational Classification, including all of the essential duties.
If you still have any confusion, plz ask since I have really bad experience regarding this work experience issue when I applied first time and was rejected for proper documents. As a whole, you have to have at least one year work experience, doesn't matter part time or full time but it has to be continuous and have to a have at least a total of 1950hrs work experience. But thankfully, I heard many of ours application were accepted just with the TA and RA experience. You have to make sure your letter contains all your job responsibilities, salary amount, working hours very specifically.
Thanks