none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
maytheflower said:
Any news? Seems the VOs should finish the vacation and start to work. Hope they may make up the progress loss due to summer vacation.

Anyone got 'Passport Request' or 'Visa'? Still nobody in the PhD stream got visa yet?
I posted this earlier http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/releases/2012/2012-09-17.asp?utm_source=media-centre-email&utm_medium=email-eng&utm_campaign=generic
This news release just came out from CIC on the 17th of Sept. Its kinda a report of what their current status is right now wth all the processing. Dont get your hopes too high, PhD stream isn't in it. It only mentions that they have made inroads to FSW backlogs, investors backlogs and parents & grandparents backlogs. Thus it does show what their current focus was during summer... I am hoping they would reevaluate their resources and now dedicate some folks to PhD stram applicants, now that they have more folks back to work from the summer break as you've mentioned....

beauty00

Sep 11, 2012
Hi, Guys:
I acutally applied this PhD stream at March, and got PER at April 25th. I just graduted this month from an ontario university.

My husband had a master in Canada and worked for one year. He applied CEC class at almost the same time with me. He submittd his application at March 28th, 2012. and got file number at June 13th. Just yesterday, he got medical request for our family. Since we applied two different categories at the same time for two persons, do I need to withdraw my case for PhD stream now? Eventhough I know they will not refund me since it's already in profess (1100 dollars will be wasted), but it will give other people one chance.

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
beauty00 said:
Hi, Guys:
I acutally applied this PhD stream at March, and got PER at April 25th. I just graduted this month from an ontario university.

My husband had a master in Canada and worked for one year. He applied CEC class at almost the same time with me. He submittd his application at March 28th, 2012. and got file number at June 13th. Just yesterday, he got medical request for our family. Since we applied two different categories at the same time for two persons, do I need to withdraw my case for PhD stream now? Eventhough I know they will not refund me since it's already in profess (1100 dollars will be wasted), but it will give other people one chance.
You could wait just a few weeks until you get Medicals received on your Ecas status if you want to be sure or just withdraw right now if you want. I would wait a little bit.

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
send altogether during filing
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Immigration analyst are expecting even more changes to the immigration rules in the coming months.

http://maytree.com/blog/2012/09/change-is-the-new-normal-in-canadas-immigration-system/

Dani1982

Star Member
Nov 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-07-2012
Nomination.....
26-09-2012
Hi Guys
I reapplied on July 26 , and CIO charged my credit card on September 17. I included a new job history letter from my employer in the new application. I hope everything be fine this time

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
Dani1982 said:
Hi Guys
I reapplied on July 26 , and CIO charged my credit card on September 17. I included a new job history letter from my employer in the new application. I hope everything be fine this time
Those are the guys at Sydney. They are still working. But the folks at Ottawa are kinda stalling with processing of PhD stream applicants. Haven't heard anything from them for a VERY L O N G time...

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
websphereguy said:
Those are the guys at Sydney. They are still working. But the folks at Ottawa are kinda stalling with processing of PhD stream applicants. Haven't heard anything from them for a VERY L O N G time...
There are different offices to submit Phd application? I checked the website, and they only accept application from CIO sydney. Any explanation?

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
maytheflower said:
There are different offices to submit Phd application? I checked the website, and they only accept application from CIO sydney. Any explanation?
Only 1 office to accept PhD stream which is the same with other FSW too - that is sydney. then when they pass it on to Ottawa for further processing. all your MRs and other stuff will come from Ottawa after PER onwards.

asbereth

Feb 17, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012<br>PR Fee Charged: 05-03-2012<br>PER Received..: 21-03-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013<br>In process.....: 21-03-2013
Med's Request
22-03-2013
Med's Done....
26-03-2013 <br>Med's Received: 15-04-2013 <br>Decision Made: 15-04-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013 <br>COPR ISSUED..: 15-05-2013<br>VISA RECEIVED: 16-05-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
MASOUD2011 said:
Anyone has applied for PNP? I wonder if it would be a faster stream. If so, why not apply?
The thing with PNP is, your province needs to have the stream that accepts PhD graduates without job offers (I know for sure that Ontario does, but not sure about other provices). Also, you need to have graduated from PhD to be eligible for nomination. Lastly, I think PNP actually costs roughly 1,500 CA$ per person just for nomination, and you'd need an extra 550 for FSW after you get nominated, so it's significantly more expensive than applying through PhD stream (though I heard that PNP requires no language test).

TyrusX said:
You could wait just a few weeks until you get Medicals received on your Ecas status if you want to be sure or just withdraw right now if you want. I would wait a little bit.
Since you would not get a refund anyway, I would definitely wait until I actually get the PR from CEC (or even from PhD stream, whichever comes earlier) before actually withdrawing the application. I'm actually not sure whether her withdrawing her spot would open up a new spot for another applicant since her application would have currently gotten processed anyway. So I would definitely just wait until the status is granted, just to be safe (unless if there is a rule that I am not aware off).

TyrusX

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-01-2012
Doc's Request.
sent with application
AOR Received.
First: -03-2012
IELTS Request
sent with application
asbereth said:
The thing with PNP is, your province needs to have the stream that accepts PhD graduates without job offers (I know for sure that Ontario does, but not sure about other provices). Also, you need to have graduated from PhD to be eligible for nomination. Lastly, I think PNP actually costs roughly 1,500 CA$ per person just for nomination, and you'd need an extra 550 for FSW after you get nominated, so it's significantly more expensive than applying through PhD stream (though I heard that PNP requires no language test).

Since you would not get a refund anyway, I would definitely wait until I actually get the PR from CEC (or even from PhD stream, whichever comes earlier) before actually withdrawing the application. I'm actually not sure whether her withdrawing her spot would open up a new spot for another applicant since her application would have currently gotten processed anyway. So I would definitely just wait until the status is granted, just to be safe (unless if there is a rule that I am not aware off).
By withdrawing now she is opening up a spot to someone else to be processed. That is enough reason to withdraw since she almost guaranteed to get PR after MR, save exceptional circumstances.

maytheflower

Star Member
Sep 16, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
websphereguy said:
Only 1 office to accept PhD stream which is the same with other FSW too - that is sydney. then when they pass it on to Ottawa for further processing. all your MRs and other stuff will come from Ottawa after PER onwards.
Thanks for explanation!!! :D

websphereguy

Mar 28, 2012
Singapore
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
17 Jan 2014
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
17 Apr 2014
Med's Request
23 Jun 2014
Med's Done....
02 Oct 2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
08 Apr 2015
VISA ISSUED...
27 Apr 2015
LANDED..........
02 May 2015
maytheflower said:
Thanks for explanation!!! :D
I think the no. of applications coming into to this stream is starting to plateau, despite the fact that its close to its cap limit. My hunch is that CPP-Ottawa will wait until the PhD stream reaches the cap before putting back resources into processing this stream. Right now, as what Tyrus mentioned before, they are simply focusing on the backlogs.

tahhiir

May 23, 2012
To All the Applicants with PER,

If you are in Ontario, You are eligible for OHIP and your spouses too.
All you have to do is to appeal the decision taken at ServiceOntario, if it is not in your favor.

kaziahmmed

Mar 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
NOC Code......
4012 and 2142
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20th June, 2012
Doc's Request.
17th January, 2013
Nomination.....
3rd August, 2012
IELTS Request
Sent with application
tahhiir said:
To All the Applicants with PER,

If you are in Ontario, You are eligible for OHIP and your spouses too.
All you have to do is to appeal the decision taken at ServiceOntario, if it is not in your favor.
Hi Tahhir--
Did you get your OHIP yet? Since I have also appealed almost 3 weeks earlier but haven't get any response yet. OHIP review committee signed me a authorization form to contact with CIC regarding my status. Did you also go through these steps as well?