Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-10-2000
:eek:

It's been a very long process for me and I'm hoping this is the final stage before taking the Oath. I'm pretty much about to throw up just thinking of it. I applied in 2010 and took the test in Feb 2014, they actually said that I would probably have to wait 2 years before I saw a judge after my test, so I'm a little relieved it's only been 6 months. ! I've done an RQ already so hopefully they will just be asking clarifying questions because I miscalculated on my residency timeline after leaving Canada while my partner did a post doc in Seattle. I don't have a lawyer so any advice or atta girls would be nice ;)

Cheers!

saria1

May 22, 2014
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 28, 2014
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
January 16, 2015
File Transfer...
January 23, 2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
October 27, 2014
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
None
VISA ISSUED...
June 17, 2015
LANDED..........
June 30, 2015
I have no knowledge to offer, but would love to wish you good luck.

lavaland

Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-10-2000
saria1 said:
I have no knowledge to offer, but would love to wish you good luck.
Thank you so much!

Does anyone know if I'll receive a decision at this time or will I have to wait more?

kslade

Aug 6, 2014
A friend of mine went through a similar process after she mistakenly gave false information during her interview.

She said the judge was very professional and it was a regular conversation (so nothing to worry), but they did a lot of questions regarding the information requested. So prepare by thinking about possible questions and how you would answer them. Ask a friend or a family member.

In my friend's case, the judge told her that she's good to go, and she received her Ceremony invitation in 2 weeks.

lavaland

Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-10-2000
kslade said:
In my friend's case, the judge told her that she's good to go, and she received her Ceremony invitation in 2 weeks.
Thank you very much, I hope this is the case for me too. I can definitely see how what I put down would be confusing. I'm grateful for the opportunity to explain it and not have been denied right away, I just wish the timeline was a little quicker!

My appointment tomorrow is TWO days shy of FOUR years since I applied! Holy smokes!

Guess I'll know in 24 hours! I'll update when I can :)

lavaland

Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-10-2000
There are two Oath ceremonies on Friday, is there any chance if things go well that I'd be invited to one of those - or is that just wishful thinking?!!

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lavaland said:
There are two Oath ceremonies on Friday, is there any chance if things go well that I'd be invited to one of those - or is that just wishful thinking?!!
CIC may have recommended refusal so if the CJ approves it CIC will appeal so the chances of a ceremony in 2 days isn't necessarily on the table. Even if CIC had no input and CJ decided to review your file there has to be an oath slot available and again short notice with 2 days. Good luck - do you know why you got pulled to see the CJ? Are you short on 1095 physical days?

lavaland

Jul 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Surrey, BC
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
10-10-2000
Msafiri said:
Good luck - do you know why you got pulled to see the CJ? Are you short on 1095 physical days?
Thanks, yeah I was just on the border 1097. They said they found more crossing that i didn't report too... so hard to keep track when they don't stamp at land crossings.

Still don't know what the judgement will be, like you said CIC can still refuse it. The judge was really nice though...still frustrating.

Mary2009

Star Member
Aug 6, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope you did well with your interview with the CJ ?

I know its stressful... but would you shed some lights on how much time it took (the discussion with the judge)?

was he/she aggressive? or just asking/clarifying some points?

Any idea about when he/she would give you an answer?

in all cases, wish you all the best :)

thanks,

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
A question. If you 100% pass your test and was asked to see the CJ. Besides the residency questions, will he/she still ask you questions about the "Discover Canada"?

And did you leave Canada after the submission of your citizenship application or stay in Canada till now? Please let us know the process and hope you the best.

lavaland said:
Thanks, yeah I was just on the border 1097. They said they found more crossing that i didn't report too... so hard to keep track when they don't stamp at land crossings.

Still don't know what the judgement will be, like you said CIC can still refuse it. The judge was really nice though...still frustrating.