+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appeal for visa refusal

amy_migrant

Jul 3, 2010
Hi, does anyone know how to appeal against a vistior visa refusal? What is the law and where can I find it?
Thank You

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

amy_migrant said:
Hi, does anyone know how to appeal against a vistior visa refusal? What is the law and where can I find it?
Thank You
You can only apply for leave to appeal to the Federal Court of Canada if there was an error in Law. You need a lawyer.

Harjit Singh

Jul 4, 2010
Re: Appeal for visa refusal(File No. V100400439)

Dear Sir/Mam,

My self is Harjit Singh and i live in Phillaur,Distt.Jalandher(Punjab) India.I applied my case to attened a marriage of my sister's daughter in Canada.But unfortunately i didn't get the visa.Then I mailed to the immigration minister in Canada and higher authority (Question) in Canada.They replied me to hire a lawyer of federal court in Canada to get the visa.My file no. is which I got from your question department (<Question@cic.gc.ca>) is 0863 [3426].So,I would be very helpful to you give me some refrences of lawyers of immigrations whom can help us to get a visa.We want to appeals to get visa.We will give lawyer to his particular fee to solve our case or to get visa.
Please revert me as soon as possible.I would be highly appreciated.

Thanks&Regards
Harjit Singh
+91-98159-28091

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
you should edit this post and take out your client ID you should never post this in a public forum

LUNA

Sep 2, 2010
Same happened to me... But the people at the Immigration office said that I have 90 days from the date is was rejected to apply for "restoration of status".

mastcanada

Star Member
Aug 12, 2010
Hyderabad
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-12-2014
Doc's Request.
CC charged on 23-01-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
even my case is refused on the settlemtn funds, though there some confusion over my case to VO, So i req them to reconsidermy req... i sent email,n thru post including cover letter,settlemtn funds.

Intially i got this response after receiving refusal i sent email to them

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

Your application for permanent residence in Canada has been refused.

The reasons for refusal were provided in a detailed refusal letter, thereby concluding your application. On the basis of the information provided on your application and in the supporting documents, the officer was not satisfied that you met the requirements of Canada's Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations.

There are no provisions requiring a visa office to re-consider a refusal decision. The legislation does, however, provide for applicants to ask the Federal Court of Canada to review decisions related to immigration. A lawyer must apply for judicial review on your behalf. For more information, please visit the website of the Federal Court of Canada at http://cas-ncr-nter03.cas-satj.gc.ca/portal/page/portal/fc_cf_en/Immigrants.

We do review some finalized cases to ensure that the decisions and processes followed in our office are appropriate. If your file is reviewed and it is determined that an error has been made, we will contact you to advise you of next steps. You should not await any further reply from our office.

Later after sending reconsideration request to them on october 4 i got this request

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is in response to your recent email enquiry to the Immigration Section of the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi.

We have responded to your recent enquiry on August 26,2010.

Please be advised that the status of your application has not changed since our last reply to you. Our office cannot provide you with an update of your case status by email on a regular basis, but rest assured we will contact you when we have a reply for you.

Can anyone tell me wheter any possibility to reopen my case, as my opnion i think they are rechecking my application which taking more time. seniors any comments pls

Omairi7

Sep 29, 2017
Thank You
It will be good if you re-apply the visa with all the major points covered. Take 5-6 months to rethink your strategy, fulfilled all the blank spaces left in previous application.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello and good morning. I was refused a student permit. Can anyone help how to appeal my case pls?
You don't want to appeal. Long & expensive process with no guarantee of approval.

Instead, you should reapply and strengthen your application to address the reasons why it was refused.

Reactions: Buletruck

sameera_rathore

Sep 4, 2017
You don't want to appeal. Long & expensive process with no guarantee of approval.

Instead, you should reapply and strengthen your application to address the reasons why it was refused.
I want to appeal for the super visa rejection, could you please guide me to the right way to do it?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I want to appeal for the super visa rejection, could you please guide me to the right way to do it?
You need to hire an immigration lawyer in Canada as a first step.

Note that you must appeal within 60 days of receiving the refusal.

Jenyglen

Sep 18, 2019
What about asking for help from someone from the government of canada. Like for example, one of the member of the parliament is a close friend of the family member who is in canada, can they seek help for an appeal to back them up?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What about asking for help from someone from the government of canada. Like for example, one of the member of the parliament is a close friend of the family member who is in canada, can they seek help for an appeal to back them up?
MPs and other government officials cannot change or influence IRCC decisions. So no.