+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

AOR JAN 2016 - let's get together

choprakart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Another FSW Inlander Background check in Progress

Just got the application updated email from CIC this morning

3 days shy of 5 months. Background check in progress.

Finally!!!!!

1 question guys: how many got rejected even after background check in progress?

ankanafanka

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
awaiting
choprakart said:
Another FSW Inlander Background check in Progress

Just got the application updated email from CIC this morning

3 days shy of 5 months. Background check in progress.

Finally!!!!!

1 question guys: how many got rejected even after background check in progress?
We have the same timeline:)
Hope this means PPR is coming soon!

Imann_65

Dec 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Online, inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
11/1/2016
Med's Done....
Passed around the end of Jan
My background check changed to in progress. Does any one know how long it takes from here to PPR? Does anyone get rejected after this?

ankanafanka

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-01-2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2016
Med's Done....
yes
Passport Req..
awaiting
choprakart said:
Same Pinch ;)
When did u get BG in Progress?
Unfortunately, my BG is still not needed:(
But I'm happy for you!

Tusharbakaya

Aug 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
Med's Done....
16-01-2016
expressentryqueen said:
You should soon! i think they are working on Jan 14th applications at the moment. Just got the update email now for the bGC in progress.
Awesone. My bg though is still at not started lol

shahkunalm

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2015
Nomination.....
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
12-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
24-06-2016
marcramo said:
READY FOR VISA!
Hey folks, after 5 months and 2 days, the highly desired email came.
This is my info:
ITA: 27 Nov '15 - FSW INLAND- NOC Recruitment Officer (actually don't remember the number)
AOR: Jan 15 '16
FBI extension: Feb 2nd
Background Check in Progress: Somewhere in February
FBI PCC Uploaded: March 27th (mine) and March 30th (my partner's) for some reason hers came two days later through CP
Ready for Visa/PPR: June 17th email came at 8:18 AM

I haven't said much in this forum but I did try to keep up with suggestions and frustrations as well as sharing the commonality of this arduous journey. I am an ethnographer and I do hope someday to write about this group: the support, dreams, the shared anxiety, unknown faces, senior statuses and so on and so forth... all towards sharing A Dream. A Goal. A New life.
BEST OF LUCK TO THOSE THAT CONTINUE WAITING -I shall hope that is not very long.
Cheers,
MRJ.
Further notes:
According to GCMS notes-
Officer did not call my current employer or former, however officer did go to their websites and officer does closely look if letters' content match NOC's description. Officer did not seem to care that my previous salary was quite low for the position (it was one of my concerns)
Officer took a look at my finances and was satisfied with RBC letter.
It seems 3 officers worked on my life, first two on regular stuff. Third officer seems to review everything done and agrees with the previous officer's position who had asked application to be promoted/approved
Once I was making my Express Entry profile I just inputed stuff I was certain I could prove. So, once I got ITA my points were 473 and cut off was 472. Pretty tight, but my plan was to just input information that I could properly prove. So as I worked in gathering documents, letter etc. before I sent off the full application I was able to input more stuff and officer went through everything and recalculated my points, which came to be 484 in the end. So I created a nice cushion in case some trouble occurred and possible points were lost.
I did not see correlation between number of countries visited(I have been to over 16 countries in the past 8 years) and longer background check
Congratulations!!

choprakart

Star Member
Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
ankanafanka said:
Unfortunately, my BG is still not needed:(
But I'm happy for you!
Thanks ankanafanka
U have best wishes from us all sailing the same boat!!
Updating timelines does help.

M just hoping its all uphill from here.
Not sure if any rejects have happened from this point.
If anyone knows pls share.

I m guessing the typical timeline from BG in progress to PPR is a week if all goes well

Han

Feb 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2016
AOR Received.
08-01-2016
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
29-06-2016 :)
Looks like there will be a thunderstorm this week, hopefully tomorrow! ;) :D :D

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
expressentryqueen said:
You should soon! i think they are working on Jan 14th applications at the moment. Just got the update email now for the bGC in progress.
They are working on January applications full stop and some December applications.

If my background is already in progress but ive had an email update does that mean its ok?

expressentryqueen

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 14th
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
January 14th
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Passport Req..
20-06-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-06-2016
LANDED..........
03-07-2016
CanBC said:
They are working on January applications full stop and some December applications.

If my background is already in progress but ive had an email update does that mean its ok?
I think sometimes mycic shows the updated status first before we receive the email regarding that same update. I pray that the rain of PPRs falls heavily on all of us this week. I only mentioned Jan 14th cos at least 2 other people with the same dates had posted about their BG change.

CanBC

Star Member
Feb 16, 2016
expressentryqueen said:
I think sometimes mycic shows the updated status first before we receive the email regarding that same update. I pray that the rain of PPRs falls heavily on all of us this week. I only mentioned Jan 14th cos at least 2 other people with the same dates had posted about their BG change.
yeah no worries. I wasn't having a dig :)

My background check has been in progress since my meds were passed so thats why I asked as i dont fit the usual pattern of 'as soon as background check goes in to progress, PPR is soon after'

riasat.abir

Aug 9, 2012
Burnaby
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
2015-12-17
AOR Received.
2016-02-22
Med's Done....
2016-03-09
Passport Req..
2016-08-17
VISA ISSUED...
2016-08-30
LANDED..........
2016-09-09
marcramo said:
READY FOR VISA!
Hey folks, after 5 months and 2 days, the highly desired email came.
This is my info:
ITA: 27 Nov '15 - FSW INLAND- NOC Recruitment Officer (actually don't remember the number)
AOR: Jan 15 '16
FBI extension: Feb 2nd
Background Check in Progress: Somewhere in February
FBI PCC Uploaded: March 27th (mine) and March 30th (my partner's) for some reason hers came two days later through CP
Ready for Visa/PPR: June 17th email came at 8:18 AM

I haven't said much in this forum but I did try to keep up with suggestions and frustrations as well as sharing the commonality of this arduous journey. I am an ethnographer and I do hope someday to write about this group: the support, dreams, the shared anxiety, unknown faces, senior statuses and so on and so forth... all towards sharing A Dream. A Goal. A New life.
BEST OF LUCK TO THOSE THAT CONTINUE WAITING -I shall hope that is not very long.
Cheers,
MRJ.
Further notes:
According to GCMS notes-
Officer did not call my current employer or former, however officer did go to their websites and officer does closely look if letters' content match NOC's description. Officer did not seem to care that my previous salary was quite low for the position (it was one of my concerns)
Officer took a look at my finances and was satisfied with RBC letter.
It seems 3 officers worked on my life, first two on regular stuff. Third officer seems to review everything done and agrees with the previous officer's position who had asked application to be promoted/approved
Once I was making my Express Entry profile I just inputed stuff I was certain I could prove. So, once I got ITA my points were 473 and cut off was 472. Pretty tight, but my plan was to just input information that I could properly prove. So as I worked in gathering documents, letter etc. before I sent off the full application I was able to input more stuff and officer went through everything and recalculated my points, which came to be 484 in the end. So I created a nice cushion in case some trouble occurred and possible points were lost.
I did not see correlation between number of countries visited(I have been to over 16 countries in the past 8 years) and longer background check
Hey Marc, when did the officer check your pof/financial letter and how is it mentioned in gcms notes?
i didn't take any letter from my bank but they printed all account information in the official letterhead.

HarryF

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
AOR: 10th January

My background check was also finally updated to 'In Progress' this morning. Kinda nervous :s