CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Landed as a PR 13 December 2017 (In Canada since 2015)
Guys a friend that I know has been asked by CSIS for an interview. September AOR, Inland. Does anybody have a similar experience? Anybody that has ever had an interview done by the CSIS?

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Matt-NL said:
Guys a friend that I know has been asked by CSIS for an interview. September AOR, Inland. Does anybody have a similar experience? Anybody that has ever had an interview done by the CSIS?
Doesn't sound right to me. Something is fishy. Before he gives any sensitive information to them, please ask your friend to verify the credentials of the person claiming to be from CSIS. Any interviews are conducted by IRCC and even if CSIS wanted to conduct an interview, it would be through IRCC. No one has ever reported such a situation so please ask your friend to be cautious and exercise due diligence.

syedahraza

Jun 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bestofluck said:
Thanks. They better don't make us wait like OINP.
Sometimes I think, whether the OINP nominated people bring the jinx of waiting with them to IRCC process :)

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
No info about a call from the CSIS to have an interview? No one who has aver has such an experience through the immigration process? There is some info regarding CSIS interviews but those applicants received from CIC official letters informing them about the CSIS interview. Any help? Any comment?

bestofluck

VIP Member
Aug 11, 2015
LANDED..........
10th June 2017
Matt-NL said:
No info about a call from the CSIS to have an interview? No one who has aver has such an experience through the immigration process? There is some info regarding CSIS interviews but those applicants received from CIC official letters informing them about the CSIS interview. Any help? Any comment?
That is the reason people advise for not putting phone numbers on forum or any general sites. Interview will also reflect in mycic followed by mail.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Matt-NL said:
Yes, that is what I am saying. Sometimes, people will cheat you and you wouldn't know about it until it's too late. If I were in this situation, I'd raise a CSE immediately and request IRCC if this is a legitimate interview from CSIS. You can also ask your friend to call them and inquire. They would definitely have some information about this.

Did your friend receive an email as well or was it a call? If he didn't receive anything in writing from an official email ID, it is fake IMO. Even the sender's email ID can be spoofed to make it look it is coming from an official source.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
rajkamalmohanram said:
Yes, that is what I am saying. Sometimes, people will cheat you and you wouldn't know about it until it's too late. If I were in this situation, I'd raise a CSE immediately and request IRCC if this is a legitimate interview from CSIS. You can also ask your friend to call them and inquire. They would definitely have some information about this.

Did your friend receive an email or was it a call?
The person was contacted by a phone call. No official letter from the CIC, no info in CIC account regarding the interview.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Matt-NL said:
The person was contacted by a phone call. No official letter from the CIC, no info in CIC account regarding the interview.
This is most likely fake. Its good that you brought it up. Ask your friend to inform this to IRCC first. Once try confirm this is fake, he can report this to the police. Don't just ignore these kinds of scammers, someone might be victimized by these bloody scammers in the future.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
My friend is pretty worried and scared. They call her office telephone and knew her name. She thinks it is maybe not a fake and if she makes any steps to investigate it this might have a negative effect on her PR application.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
Matt-NL said:
My friend is pretty worried and scared. They call her office telephone and knew her name. She thinks it is maybe not a fake and if she makes any steps to investigate it this might have a negative effect on her PR application.
Oh please, no legitimate government office will sabotage your application if you request to confirm their identity politely. Before jumping to conclusions, she has to contact IRCC and ask them if this interview is legitimate (I don't think it is because there is no interview letter). If she gives anymore personal information, someone could use it to steal her complete identity. Please tell her not to dig a pit for herself. First things first, ask her to call IRCC an confirm it with them.

johnny123

Aug 18, 2012
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
18-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016 passed
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
13-02-2017
LANDED..........
19-04-2017
Matt-NL said:
Yeah, like Raj said, she has to contact IRCC. We understand that she is scared and worried, but she also has to understand that if this is a scam (sounds like it is) things can get worse from here. There is nothing wrong in calling them and asking for a confirmation if the phone call was legitimate, and asking for their advice.

Matt-NL

Oct 2, 2016
Newfoundland
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
AOR Received.
12-10-2016
Passport Req..
26 October 2017
VISA ISSUED...
21 November 2017
LANDED..........
Thank you guys. Hope she will make the right decision.

nonnemacher

Aug 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Matt-NL said:
Thank you guys. Hope she will make the right decision.
Just a reminder that it's pretty common to have your computer hacked and have all your personal information stolen without your knowledge.

I also suggest to contact immigration and double check if the interview is real.

Cheers