London
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
Doc's Request.
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Hi Seniors,

Need your help, if any of you in my situation. I would like to know, how this was documented in the personal history section?

I am providing the information about my membership with ISACA (USA) and ISC 2 (USA) in the personal history section. My membership will continue till 2019. I have paid the membership fees till 2019. It started in 2009.

I stay in India and have appeared for the exams in New Delhi. I got the membership from these USA based organisations while I was physically present in New Delhi (means remotely). Means, i never traveled to USA for the membership. While providing the information in the personal history section, CIC asks for "Country where activity took place", "State" and "City/Town where activity took place".

Now, if I provide the information that activity took place in USA, does CIC will not ask for the police clearance or something similar?

Also, do we need to provide schedule A if we provide this information?

Thank you!
Personally, I would mention that the activities took place in the US and accompany it with a LOE. Your personal history may show that you are a member of a US organization, but your list of addresses (places you lived) will not show that. So your LOE would help shed light on the situation.

As for Schedule A, it is up to IRCC to decide whether you need to complete it or not.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
Go
So I have just landed yesterday in Toronto. And now I am hunting for apartment to rent. (SIN, bank account and SIM card are already done and health card is pending on rental contract).
Thanks again everybody.
Good stuff vensak! I wish you all the best in Canada! Hopefully we'll all be joining you there sometime in the future.

Sarah Guppy

Nov 24, 2016
I got the golden email on Friday May 19, 2017. My AOR was on January 25, 2017. FSW - O from the US.
Where do US folks get their PR photos taken? Will CVS/Walgreens etc take photos fitting the requirements?

ritawallu

Dec 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/10/2015
Doc's Request.
17-11-2016
Nomination.....
07/12/2016
AOR Received.
23-01-2017
Med's Request
Passed on 09/02/2017
Med's Done....
22/12/2016
Hi all,

Is there any holiday in Canada? I guess noone received PPR today. Well guyz my timeline is as follows:

PNP Outland (PNP Nova scotia)
AOR 24 Jan 2017
MEDS PASSED 9 Feb
eAPR 23 Jan 2017
BG : Your Application is in progress, next step is bg check since 6 March 2017
Visa Office : NDVO

JP1983

Star Member
Aug 27, 2016
Disclaimer: The information above is based on my knowledge and understanding of IRCC procedures and policies. I would recommend reaching out to a competent immigration lawyer who would be able to better guide you.
Thank you so much for your information.

However i heard from ppl, if i land before the kid is born then it would be very difficult to bring the kid and my wife as technically i am a permanent resident at this point before the kid is born. So i need to SPONSER the Kid to bring in here ? how far it is true?

LP90.

Jun 8, 2016
Hi all,

Is there any holiday in Canada? I guess noone received PPR today. Well guyz my timeline is as follows:

PNP Outland (PNP Nova scotia)
AOR 24 Jan 2017
MEDS PASSED 9 Feb
eAPR 23 Jan 2017
BG : Your Application is in progress, next step is bg check since 6 March 2017
Visa Office : NDVO

Hi Ritawallu
Yes, it's a statutory holiday here in Canada ( Vicoria Day ). According to your time line your's will be come soon may be end of this month.
Cheers!!

LP90.

Jun 8, 2016
Hi Seniors,

Need your help, if any of you in my situation. I would like to know, how this was documented in the personal history section?

I am providing the information about my membership with ISACA (USA) and ISC 2 (USA) in the personal history section. My membership will continue till 2019. I have paid the membership fees till 2019. It started in 2009.

I stay in India and have appeared for the exams in New Delhi. I got the membership from these USA based organisations while I was physically present in New Delhi (means remotely). Means, i never traveled to USA for the membership. While providing the information in the personal history section, CIC asks for "Country where activity took place", "State" and "City/Town where activity took place".

Now, if I provide the information that activity took place in USA, does CIC will not ask for the police clearance or something similar?

Also, do we need to provide schedule A if we provide this information?

Thank you!

Just make it simple, Activity took place in Delhi, India. That's where you took the exam and applied for the membership.
And just write the LOE and explain them you have never been to USA. that's all.

nerd

Jan 15, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I have just landed yesterday in Toronto. And now I am hunting for apartment to rent. (SIN, bank account and SIM card are already done and health card is pending on rental contract).
Thanks again everybody.
Good to hear vensak! I am following you to Toronto in a couple of months' time. Do let us know how the house hunting goes. I have been looking up padmapper and realtor.ca etc. Have you found anything better? Is a lack of credit history gonna be an issue?
cheers!
nerd.

mbanu

Feb 9, 2017
Hi Seniors. Please I need help. I recently got my GCMS report, and my eligibility is showing "Review Required" by the Case Analyst. My CRS point was re-calculated and it falls below the draw point. I worked for 2 years and 6 months, but mistakenly selected 3+ years instead of 2, since there was no in-between during my profile creation.

Now, I am afraid of the outcome. What do you advice? Can I create new profile while waiting for officer's final review and decision? I am confused.
Thank you

Last edited:

serious_assistance

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
25-01-2017
Doc's Request.
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
25-01-2017
Thank you so much for your information.

However i heard from ppl, if i land before the kid is born then it would be very difficult to bring the kid and my wife as technically i am a permanent resident at this point before the kid is born. So i need to SPONSER the Kid to bring in here ? how far it is true?
I am not sure how difficult or easy it might be to sponsor a child. What people say may be true but at the same time, your application is not complete until you have completed your first landing. So, if you were to receive your COPR and haven't landed and then your child is born, you COPR may be withdrawn as there has been a substantial change in your status. Most likely, your application will have to be re-evaluated once you submit all the required documents for your child (birth certificate, medical report, passport copy, and photograph). You will need to increase your Proof of Funds to meet the new requirements (now that you have one additional family member).

Alternatively, if you have already landed and your have your PR card, then you will need to sponsor your child. This will involve you being in Canada to submit the sponsorship request.

In the end, it might just come down to timing. If you haven't received PPR by the time your wife gives birth, then you will add your child to your current, ongoing application and possible delay your application for a little while. If you receive PPR before your child is born, then you can try to land before he/she is born and decide whether you will stay in Canada to sponsor him or wait till he is born and check with the Canadian Embassy what would be the best approach to get him into Canada. Though based on quick research online, it is recommended to sponsor the child while living in Canada as process appears to be simpler and more straight-forward.