+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone with a pregnant spouse during the PR waiting period ?

mcarmount

Feb 20, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/12/2010
Doc's Request.
22/12/2010
AOR Received.
22/12/2010
Med's Done....
14/12/2010
Passport Req..
23/2/2011
Anyone with a pregnant spouse during the PR waiting period ?

I am curious. Does anyone have experience with a pregnant spouse during the Permanent Residence waiting period?

When we submitted our paperwork, we were unsure if we were pregnant at the time. The doctor at the medical exam asked this question, and we gave the same answer (back in December)

Now we are certain that we are pregnant, :) and very happy about this :) , but the question is …

Should we inform the visa office of this fact ?

I know this question has been asked before, but I would like to hear from someone in the same situation. Did you inform the visa office ?

If so do you think it helped your case or did it make it more complicated ?

Thank you, in advance, for taking the time to respond.

P.S we are not due until early September, but the clock is ticking …

chelley

Apr 4, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston Jamaica
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2009
File Transfer...
11-11-2009
Passport Req..
22-02-2010
VISA ISSUED...
04-03-2010
I was pregnant when we submitted our forms... We actually planned it to submit the day before the baby was born (scheduled c section) so we didn't have to wait for all his paperwork to add in (he was born in Canada)... After I did get his passport, me and the kids went to meet up with my husband in his home country and we spent my maternity leave together, waiting out the immigration process...

CIC did ask for a copy of the newborns birth certificate, but it did not delay our file at all...

Since I was the sponsor, not the applicant, our case was different... I didn't have to do a medical... They don't ask you if you're pregnant for immigration purposes, they ask because pregnant ladies shouldn't have X-rays... Did they test her? Did she do the X-ray? If she didn't, your applicant will be held until after the birth anyways.. If she did, there is no requirement to inform
CIC until the baby is born (and you have the babys birth certificate and travel papers, (s)he will need to be added to the application if this time comes and she has not landed.

If she does get thru before the birth, consider if you'll have the means to have the baby here depending on your provincial health care waiting period....

Good luck and Congrats

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At the point you get your passport request, they may send you instructions and links to websites and what not. I don't know if it is the same for each visa office or different but apparently one of them stated that if a woman is pregnant or at least if she is pregnant to the point that she will have the baby before she lands, they should not send the passports but inform the visa office and wait for instructions.

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
9th April , 2012 - 17th April, 2013
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
Is anyone know what happen while spousal sponsorship if wife gets pregenant and give birth to kid what sponsor has to do for kids?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
They should let the visa office know to add the baby to the sponsorship application.

canadayogini

Star Member
Oct 31, 2010
Melbourne, Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-11-2010
AOR Received.
20-12-2010
File Transfer...
09-12-2010
Med's Done....
06-10-2010
Passport Req..
01-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2011
I'm pregnant (an applicant) and we're apparantly in the last stages of processing with our VO in Sydney, Australia. We applied outland and really really keen to get back to Canada before this next little one is due.

I've notified the VO and also emailed them recently to ask for any updates or options given the pregnancy and we will soon reach the point where I won't be able to travel (and it will become too stressful to try and settle/find a home etc. late in the last trimester). Anyway, their dry and official response is that 'if' I'm approved, I would simply have to ensure I arrive before the date of expiry of the medical. If approved and I don't enter Canada in time I would be forfeiting our application and I suppose eligible to reapply again at a later stage at our expense and time.

Aghghgh! It's a stressful waiting game. The medical is due to expire one month after baby is due... so depending on how that goes, theoretically it could give enough time to travel after the birth but what an awful start that would be for all our family so if we don't have a positive answer in the next month we will assume we aren't moving back :-(

2frustrated

Aug 24, 2011
am pregnant staying on a visit visa with my canadian husband while waiting for my PR and my medical is about to expire, anyone knows what will happen, would I have to make another medical, and of course I cant do the X-ray anyone knows if that will affect my PR processing time?

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
I had the same experience.I got pregnant twice after I applied on spousal sposrship back in Sep2008(in land).we sent a doctor note to vegerville to inforn them,later on our file has een transferred to local cic office.after the birth of our both childern,we went to local CIC office to submit their birth certificates and wrote a note to inform them about the "addition of new family members" too. so my answer is yes you should inform them by writing.it helps in first stage interview etc.

2frustrated

Aug 24, 2011
Thank you Mehwish9, where did u give birth? and did u get any medical coverage? am afraid if i deliver outside canada it would be another painful process :-[

Mehwish9

Star Member
Apr 2, 2009
our both kids are born here and yes I did get Alberta health coverage after applying on my husband health plan.you have to file "notice of change" to health and wellness department and they will include you on your spouse plan if you have been in Canada for a year or more.

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
I sponsored my wife we still waiting for response it's been one long year now she is pregnant started on second trimester. Now problem is what do I have to do apply for my kid in future when he/she born , do I have to do all paper work all over from the begining or there is something else.She is in Pakistan.
Anyone who experienced this situation in past please pass the info.
Thanks

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharjil said:
I sponsored my wife we still waiting for response it's been one long year now she is pregnant started on second trimester. Now problem is what do I have to do apply for my kid in future when he/she born , do I have to do all paper work all over from the begining or there is something else.She is in Pakistan.
Anyone who experienced this situation in past please pass the info.
Thanks
If you are a PR, you would have to add the baby to the sponsorship application of your wife. To do that, advise the visa office how far along she is in her pregnancy. If they ask for her passport at a time that she is no longer able to fly, before sending it, advise them again that she is pregnant and that the baby will need to be added and wait for their feedback. Once the baby is born, fill out all documents again that would have changed because of the baby and send them along with the baby fees to the visa office.

If you are a citizen, the baby would gain citizenship through you. In that case, the process would be for you to contact the visa office in Pakistan and apply for a citizenship certificate for the baby. Having applied for it, they should issue you a temporary Canadian passport for the baby to travel to Canada.

Reactions: Mariner2paki

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
Thanks Leon..Which visa office should I call and where I can find these numbers?Do
I have to fill all sponsorship document?And fees will be same again?Do CIC got any info on this??

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sharjil said:
Thanks Leon..Which visa office should I call and where I can find these numbers?Do
I have to fill all sponsorship document?And fees will be same again?Do CIC got any info on this??
So you are saying you are PR and not a citizen? If your wife is in Pakistan, I assume that her file is being processed there. That is the visa office you would have to contact. This is there contact info: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/missions/islamabad.asp

Sharjil

Star Member
Feb 18, 2011
Mississauga,Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29th September ,2010
Doc's Request.
7th Febuary ,2012
File Transfer...
10th November,2010
Med's Request
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
18th April , 2013
VISA ISSUED...
1st june, 2013
LANDED..........
23rd june, 2013
Yes I'm PR in Canada.Today is Saturday office is closed I'll be calling them on Monday.I just have to inform about situation and then request to make process faster rite?