+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone receiving rejections this week?

varunshah12

Nov 19, 2020
Has anyone received rejections based on the most generic reply:

1. We do not believe you will leave the country

2. Your education does not match what you are planning to do?

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I so wish there will be a mega thread with all the generic rejections which VO hands out to potential students. At least we can all learn from each other on how to best avoid that.

varunshah12

Nov 19, 2020
I so wish there will be a mega thread with all the generic rejections which VO hands out to potential students. At least we can all learn from each other on how to best avoid that.
Yeah, I have been rejected twice now, and I feel I have compelling enough case.

The surprising part was I got the rejection on Saturday.

I am looking for a career change which IRCC does not seem to understand at all.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
Yeah, I have been rejected twice now, and I feel I have compelling enough case.

The surprising part was I got the rejection on Saturday.

I am looking for a career change which IRCC does not seem to understand at all.
Sorry to hear your case, Where are you applying from and is it SDS or Non-SDS ?

To be honest, I dont think they would change their minds. They have a checklist to follow & don't think they use a lot of logic outside that as we have seen from many rejections shared here & other forums which some are totally baseless. Considering you were rejected twice, did you get any GCMS notes. Maybe you can read through what they feel about your application ?

varunshah12

Nov 19, 2020
I was applying Non-SDS, and I am applying from Mumbai

I just applied for them today, so it will take a month, the good part is that my course has a flexible start date. However, I do feel that their major concern is the career change. I guess, I will only know when I get the GCMS notes

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
I was applying Non-SDS, and I am applying from Mumbai

I just applied for them today, so it will take a month, the good part is that my course has a flexible start date. However, I do feel that their major concern is the career change. I guess, I will only know when I get the GCMS notes
Why didn't you try SDS ? Approval rates are higher that way. If for funds or IELTS score then understandable. But anyways, see what the GCMS says & re-apply. All the best !

Tresh

Star Member
Jan 13, 2020
So i am changing careers from marketing (bachelors) to commerical aviation
Having bachelor's in marketing, do you have work experience in commercial aviation that warranted the big career shift or you just felt like changing career?

varunshah12

Nov 19, 2020
Having bachelor's in marketing, do you have work experience in commercial aviation that warranted the big career shift or you just felt like changing career?
No it was a childhood dream but family did not allow it. Now they are supportive of that situation

varunshah12

Nov 19, 2020
That is a complete change in career. You need to explain why other than cost, you need take a Canadian aviation program & what it will allow you to do in your home country.
Yeah i have explained all of that, what i am thinking of doing, is basing my SOP on the points that they used to reject my visa

varunshah12

Nov 19, 2020
Well wait for your GCMS notes because you don’t want a third refusal.
Yeah and I did speak to someone who got refused their visa the first time and got my hands on their SOP since they were rejected for similar reasons. So I am using that as a reference