Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
Do you know how long medicals take to be process in nairobi please ? Anyone applied from sa after medical and all request of information do they required you to attent interview as its not the requirements on the website

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
Hello sasha,

My fiance is currently also trying to get a study visa, it looks like we may finally have been accepted today as they have sent us an email asking for passports.
After doing the medical it took 83 days before we heard from the embassy again, so it can take quite long... They wanted an interview so they definitely do interviews at least some of the time, but only if they want to clarify something I think.

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
Oh yes, we ended up having to move the course start date as well because they only interviewed us the day before the course was meant to start, which was a bit late...
I would advise applying at least 5 months in advance to avoid disappointment, even though they recommend 3.

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
Please share your time line with me where you studying ? What course ? My course date is 27 july 2009 what did they asked u ? Please share your expierrience highly apprecitiated

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
My fiance is studying at complections international academy http://www.complectionsmake-up.com/
I will be joining her on an open work permit(or visitors visa as it is not clear if they will grant me an open work permit or not at this point)

The time line for our application so far has been roughly as follows:

January 8 2009 - Submit original application for course start date (May 11)
January 26 2009 - Embassy contacts us requesting we do medical and provide various documentation - We did the medical within a few days and had to wait about two and a half weeks to hand in the other documentation as our police clearance took longer then anticipated.
April 27 2009 - Embassy requests interview on May 7th
May 7th 2009 - Interview, embassy says they are happy with everything but want more proof of funds, tell us we will have to move the course start date and that they will email us regarding new proof of fund amount
June 8th 2009 - We drop off new updated acceptance letter
June 16th 2009 - Embassy sends email requesting new proof of funds along with new acceptance letter for new start date
July 15th 2009 - Embassy requests passports

Today we handed in our passports and were told they would "be in contact" so I am not sure what to expect from here or how long it is likely to be (possibly another 30 days).
The new course start date is September 14th.

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
You still got time dont worry my time lines was as follows 6 june summitted application form ! Then 8 june requested me to submit medicals end of 7 july 2009 ..handed everything done my medicals last week just want to know from kenya how long my course date is jully 27 2009 a bit woried will be late anyway they asked me for my full cv of education and employement did they asked your wife and do they verify any information you give them fill me in more . But for your case i think you will get it

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
As per workpermit you are entitlef for one by law read cic website so dont worry why they request your passport do you need visa to go to canada ?? Where you from how was the interview you still got time so the whole of august and everything

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
They did ask for her cv at some stage yes. Am not aware of them actually verifying anything on it but they may of and certainly isn't worth the risk of putting any false info. They did ask questions about things on the cv at interview as well.

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
I also think your took long due you both immigrating they want also to know how you could prove ties back to your country and how you could come back to your home country

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
Was the interview hard fill me more what they actually asked in case they call me for one thanks so much for your rapid reply !

malcolmm

Apr 18, 2009
It will probably be different for each case, depending on what there concerns are.
The main focus in our case was on why she wanted to do the course in Canada (and why she couldn't just do it here) this is I think the thing they reject most study visas on, and then also just various questions to make sure that she intends to return and what accomodation we had planned etc.
There were also a few questions about things they found in her medical.

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
Thanks allot dear goodluck my dear keep me posted

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
Rupeshari

Hey

What do you mean why I chose Canada for studying ???Tell me more excatlactly what you want to know where you applied ??? what course ???these a forum where we share ideas with others on regard imigration issue !!! but as you can see I dont want to say much here just briefly where are you from first ???

My brief answered why i chose canada is that the cost of living is much lowered then the rest of the world , secondly I would like to get an international exposure , thirdly the college I am going got good repatation of stundent passing verygood , thirdly canada is multicultural countries .Lot more you can write !!! if you want more asked me more be specific we are here to help each other

rupeshhari

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008 to CIO
Doc's Request.
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Feb 2009 from VO
IELTS Request
Didn't do IELTS.
File Transfer...
Not transfered to regional office.
Med's Request
July 2010 with RPRF and another PCC.
Med's Done....
Meds - September 2010. PCC - Late Oct 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Early November 2010
VISA ISSUED...
December 2010 - Exactly days shy of 2 years since I sent in my application to CIO.
LANDED..........
Oh i was just curious. I came to the US to study from SA. was wondering why someone chose CA.
Thanks.

sasha18

Jun 13, 2009
Alberta
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
30Oct2016
Nomination.....
05may2016
AOR Received.
30dec2016
I dont like Sa cause they hare foreigners my brother got attact left us all traumautised really ???