+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from 2014 still hasn't reached the "Decision Made" phase?

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
So far, I tried the following:

- "Contact Us" -- Response: "In process" (Not a single extra piece of information).
- "Local MP" -- Response: "Contacted CIC, it's in process. Please contact us at the end of July" which I just did.
- "Minister" -- Emailed him, was advised by HighFive that his response time is 60 days, still waiting for the days to pass.

What do you suggest as an approach for the PM, the CPC and CBSA? What can the CBSA do in this case?
PM was just a joke, I didn't go that far, and in fact they probably would have sent me to McCalum.
In my case, first ATIP reviled that CBSA had some issues (Ageing inventory, waiting for partner's respond - CBSA).
I requested ATIP from CBSA and my MP sent a letter to them inquiring regarding my case (everything was fine on their end).
Getting to McCalum is also better through your MP, response time is 10 days and those requests have more priority.
Contacting your local office (CPC) might be done by you (mail) your MP (fax and mail) or a lawyer (mail).

Case specific enquiry is sometimes useful. I probably have sent ten of those, only one went through (the only evidence of that is my ATIP of physical application). And on the last one, where I actually mentioned that my lawyer sent the demand letter to CPC and I need information regarding my case for the court, I've got most cynical response - As indicated in the IRCC Web form you used to send your case specific enquiry, we do not respond when an application is within normal processing times.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Some peachy news for everyone waiting in the "non-routine" queue...

I called the callcenter today and they advised me that the 36-months processing time for non-routine applications is no more, there is no official "deadline" now... Applications can take 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... years!

Congrats to everyone!!!!

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Some peachy news for everyone waiting in the "non-routine" queue...

I called the callcenter today and they advised me that the 36-months processing time for non-routine applications is no more, there is no official "deadline" now... Applications can take 3, 4, 5, 6, 7... years!

Congrats to everyone!!!!
look at the bright side (if you can call it that way). Previously to apply for Mandamus, 36 months was a departure point to put in motion your case in court. now it is not.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ambient2 said:
look at the bright side (if you can call it that way). Previously to apply for Mandamus, 36 months was a departure point to put in motion your case in court. now it is not.
true. now it is 12 months.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Good morning, folks.

Could anyone point me to the parlvu section where McCallum is saying that all legacy/backlogged applications will be processed by end of 2016?

Thanks.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Good morning, folks.

Could anyone point me to the parlvu section where McCallum is saying that all legacy/backlogged applications will be processed by end of 2016?

Thanks.
I heard this quite a few times on this forum, however couldn't find any documentation about that. Maybe you can find it in transcripts from Parliamentary hearings ? Although I call b***it for whatever they promise. This move is like putting nice wallpaper in termite infested house, that exactly what IRCC is, rotten and eaten from inside.

P.S. Anyone knows what does 'Location -project widow shelf' mean in ATIP?
Widow's definition (apart from conventional one) -
a last word or short last line of a paragraph falling at the top of a page or column and considered undesirable.

Is that a pile of undesirables ?

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
ambient2 said:
I heard this quite a few times on this forum, however couldn't find any documentation about that. Maybe you can find it in transcripts from Parliamentary hearings ? Although I call b***it for whatever they promise. This move is like putting nice wallpaper in termite infested house, that exactly what IRCC is, rotten and eaten from inside.

P.S. Anyone knows what does 'Location -project widow shelf' mean in ATIP?
Widow's definition (apart from conventional one) -
a last word or short last line of a paragraph falling at the top of a page or column and considered undesirable.

Is that a pile of undesirables ?
That's probably the name of the calamity (That they politely label "Project") under which your application is probably residing...

Have you tried an ATIP (not privacy) request for anything that talks about that "project"?

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
Have you tried an ATIP (not privacy) request for anything that talks about that "project"?
No, I don't have nerves for ATIP department, they 6 days late with my latest ATIP. I don;t want to request anything from them.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
ambient2 said:
No, I don't have nerves for ATIP department, they 6 days late with my latest ATIP. I don;t want to request anything from them.
My last ATIP was 10 business days late. I sent them 2 reminders and was drafting a 3rd and final reminder advising them that I'm complaining to the information commissioner (Guess what: ATIPs have a timeline they have to respect, details: http://www.oic-ci.gc.ca/eng/lc-cj-logde-complaint-deposer-plainte.aspx) when their email arrived.

Cheers to all!

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
MarceauBletard said:
How come you have a "non-routine" application?
Any special reason why you were switched to that?
Salut Marceau,

You'll have to ask the IRCC mind readers that question. I have full employment from the moment I came to stay in a Canada until I applied for citizenship. My kids were born here. I even included a copy of all my boarding passes and routing information (I travel 2-3 times a year on average) in my application, "just in case".

Oh well...

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
A small update from my side.

I sent an email to Minister McCallum 66 days ago (As I was told he should respond in 60 days). Never did get an answer...

So I ended up calling his constituency office and asked if they had any timelines for non-routine... And they don't.