+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone from 2014 still hasn't reached the "Decision Made" phase?

riyazahmad

Nov 5, 2013
Re: Anyone from 2014 still hasn't reached the "Decision Made" phase? Ed

I cleared my test on March 2015 and still waiting

crucial

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied March 2014
AOR April 2014
Test June 2015 and passed.
Still waiting ;D ;D

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
Thanks for sharing your info, folks!

Has anyone of you heard about the ministry's commitment to expedite all pending applications by the end of 2016?

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm still with you guys.
CIC has not responded to my lawyer's request to finish my application or face the Federal court (not a word from them).
Getting into the stage 2 next week.

am4u2ster

Jan 21, 2013
Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello
I am not 2014 Applicants
However I will post my time line
Applied: Sep 2012
In Process: Feb 2013
RQ Received: April 2013 (It's a residency concern)
RQ Sent: May 2013 ( I sent whole lot of documents to prove my residency)
Jan-2014 I have received a letter to prepare for my test ( It's look like random letter)
July-2016 I was invited to prepare for my test and interview with CO.
Passed test 20/20 and cleared English proficiency test, residency concern questions, job and some other random questions.

CO advised me that your immigration clearance is still pending so we can not tell you when you have your oath.
Once we received your immigration clearance we will contact you.
I asked him how long does it takes ( He replied sometime it will takes a weeks or months)

My Ecas still shows In process status

What would be the next steps
Please advise

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
ambient2 said:
I'm still with you guys.
CIC has not responded to my lawyer's request to finish my application or face the Federal court (not a word from them).
Getting into the stage 2 next week.
Good luck, buddy! Crossing the fingers for you and wishing you all the best.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
am4u2ster said:
Hello
I am not 2014 Applicants
However I will post my time line
Applied: Sep 2012
In Process: Feb 2013
RQ Received: April 2013 (It's a residency concern)
RQ Sent: May 2013 ( I sent whole lot of documents to prove my residency)
Jan-2014 I have received a letter to prepare for my test ( It's look like random letter)
July-2016 I was invited to prepare for my test and interview with CO.
Passed test 20/20 and cleared English proficiency test, residency concern questions, job and some other random questions.

CO advised me that your immigration clearance is still pending so we can not tell you when you have your oath.
Once we received your immigration clearance we will contact you.
I asked him how long does it takes ( He replied sometime it will takes a weeks or months)

My Ecas still shows In process status

What would be the next steps
Please advise
Just knowing that you applied in 2012 and your application has been pending for 4 years is insane! You should call the call center, ask them for an update and tell them you're going for a Mandamus... Which you really should go for!

Unacceptable, really unacceptable!

tds69us

Nov 22, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applied in early Jan of 2015...it'll be two years of waiting on the coming December.

vop

Star Member
Apr 9, 2016
h3a3j6 said:
Just knowing that you applied in 2012 and your application has been pending for 4 years is insane! You should call the call center, ask them for an update and tell them you're going for a Mandamus... Which you really should go for!

Unacceptable, really unacceptable!
am4u2ster: Yes, totally, please strongly considering taking your case to court. Is there any reason why you are willing to wait in excess of 4 years from the date of your application ? Now, you have essentially waited for 7 years and counting to get your citizenship. While I dont know the circumstances surrounding your case, I really think you should do more than just call them because if the courts can force the govt on the Niqab, a case pending for 4 years is a violation of due process for you. Please consult an immigration lawyer. I would think any money you spend is worth it rather than go through this mental torture. Also, unless there is severe legal pressure on the IRCC to act, this will continue. So all pending cases for 1.5 - 2 years is an extra wait from the initial 3 year reqt for citizenship. 4 years is just 100% unacceptable that they havent provided you an answer. Its a shame.

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
vop said:
am4u2ster: Yes, totally, please strongly considering taking your case to court. Is there any reason why you are willing to wait in excess of 4 years from the date of your application ? Now, you have essentially waited for 7 years and counting to get your citizenship. While I dont know the circumstances surrounding your case, I really think you should do more than just call them because if the courts can force the govt on the Niqab, a case pending for 4 years is a violation of due process for you. Please consult an immigration lawyer. I would think any money you spend is worth it rather than go through this mental torture. Also, unless there is severe legal pressure on the IRCC to act, this will continue. So all pending cases for 1.5 - 2 years is an extra wait from the initial 3 year reqt for citizenship. 4 years is just 100% unacceptable that they havent provided you an answer. Its a shame.
They have stopped advertising the 3-year timeline for non-routine applications. That's an added challenge for defining what "late" is, alas.

ambient2

May 30, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
h3a3j6 said:
They have stopped advertising the 3-year timeline for non-routine applications. That's an added challenge for defining what "late" is, alas.
CIC stopped advertising any kind of deadline. However they mention on the website 6 months period since the last time you have heard from them. From my understanding, this gives a chance for the applicants to contact CIC and request an update, on another hand, this forces CIC to act on forgotten applications.
Anyway, the question is not how long you haven't heard from them - one, two or three years, but what did you try to do in this time. If you grilled everyone around (MP, PM, Minister, CPC, CBSA) and everyone is oblivious, then it's time for the Court

h3a3j6

Mar 31, 2014
Montréal
ambient2 said:
CIC stopped advertising any kind of deadline. However they mention on the website 6 months period since the last time you have heard from them. From my understanding, this gives a chance for the applicants to contact CIC and request an update, on another hand, this forces CIC to act on forgotten applications.
Anyway, the question is not how long you haven't heard from them - one, two or three years, but what did you try to do in this time. If you grilled everyone around (MP, PM, Minister, CPC, CBSA) and everyone is oblivious, then it's time for the Court
So far, I tried the following:

- "Contact Us" -- Response: "In process" (Not a single extra piece of information).
- "Local MP" -- Response: "Contacted CIC, it's in process. Please contact us at the end of July" which I just did.
- "Minister" -- Emailed him, was advised by HighFive that his response time is 60 days, still waiting for the days to pass.

What do you suggest as an approach for the PM, the CPC and CBSA? What can the CBSA do in this case?