+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Anyone applied a Student Permit from Philippines?

faithmd

Star Member
Jun 19, 2011
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 16, 2011
AOR Received.
PER: July 5, 2011
IELTS Request
sent with app
File Transfer...
2nd AOR: July 27, 2011; in process (ecas): Aug. 1, 2011
Med's Request
received on Aug. 5, 2011
Med's Done....
Aug. 9, 2011
Passport Req..
Jan. 17, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Feb. 10, 2012
JainaFel said:
So you didn't use the PIASI-arranged courier service? :)
hi! parang di yata. yun agency kasi ang nag pass

paulv4444

Oct 6, 2011
bigleafbride said:
Paul,

I would say that chances are slim but you can try. For higher chance of approval, get Masteral (RN) in a University and not college. A one-year program in college won't give you any edge. As for the PR, no, you won't be eligible.

It's not easy to get in. Indians, Middle eastern and Chinese usually apply for 4-year dedgree program in a Uni to get here.
Hi,

May i know why I'm not eligible for PR? I think there's CEC and PNP for graduates?
Btw, are you pinoy?

PauL

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@Paul: Yes, you will have a hard time getting a visa if your postgraduate course in Canada is unrelated to your undergraduate degree. If you are a nurse, I suggest you get into a nursing program so that you can better defend your purpose in studying in Canada. Eligibility for PGWP is usually for students who spend at least 4 terms in Canada. Graduates can get a 3 year PGWP. I have not read of any information in CIC re: PGWP for 1-year course graduates. There are several ways of acquiring PR status. One of the is the PhD scheme. In Saskatchewan, they offer Masters graduates PR eligibility. If you are able to get PGWP, you can apply for the provincial nominee scheme once you secured at least 6 months of work experience plus a valid employment contract.

@Kimmy: I think you are only to prove that you can fund your first year of studies and 2.5M (Approx $60K) is over the top. Usually $30K is the average total costs for single students. But if you have dependents then that will be additional cost of around $10-15K/ year per family member. If you got more money to show, that will be great since the embassy will see you are study and not work in Canada and may increase your chances of landing a visa.

For those who plan to apply, better go for the paper-based application. I applied via the online facility last April 19 and until now I am yet to receive my request for medical examinations. Others who applied later than me via paper based application already have their medical requests.

JainaFel

Feb 10, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
Would it take longer for a med req if I didnt use the PIASI courier? I only FedExed my docs and it was received by someone at the "Mailroom" on the 29th of April. ???

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
JainaFel said:
Would it take longer for a med req if I didnt use the PIASI courier? I only FedExed my docs and it was received by someone at the "Mailroom" on the 29th of April. ???

wala pa ba AOR Jainafel? Parang matagal na kung wala pa. Follow up mo kaya sa fed ex ba pinadalhan mo. baka may tracking number sila.

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
Ask ko lang mga ka forum, may nabasa o kakilala na nag apply ng student permit done and submitted na ang medicals and wala naman problem pero na deny pa din?

paulv4444

Oct 6, 2011
DocRZ said:
@ Paul: Yes, you will have a hard time getting a visa if your postgraduate course in Canada is unrelated to your undergraduate degree. If you are a nurse, I suggest you get into a nursing program so that you can better defend your purpose in studying in Canada. Eligibility for PGWP is usually for students who spend at least 4 terms in Canada. Graduates can get a 3 year PGWP. I have not read of any information in CIC re: PGWP for 1-year course graduates. There are several ways of acquiring PR status. One of the is the PhD scheme. In Saskatchewan, they offer Masters graduates PR eligibility. If you are able to get PGWP, you can apply for the provincial nominee scheme once you secured at least 6 months of work experience plus a valid employment contract.
Hi docRZ, thanks for the reply. I just read it in cic website:
  • must study FULL TIME and COMPLETED A PROGRAM that lasted ATLEAST 8 MONTHS
  • must be publicly funded school
So, i think i am qualified in the PGWP? Or i just didn't understand the cic website lol!
Hope you can help me more :) thanks docRZ

DocRZ

Apr 5, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila (Online)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-04-2013
Med's Request
29-07-2013
Med's Done....
02-08-2013
Passport Req..
08-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2013
LANDED..........
22-08-2013
@Paul: Yes, I think you are qualified for the PGWP but only for a short period of time as it says that you are only allowed to work not longer than the time you spent studying. It's gonna be too short for you to be able to recover the money it cost you to be in Canada. Better go for a 2-year program. At least you'll get a 3-year PGWP.

boston_pinoy88

Jan 23, 2013
DocRZ said:
@ Paul: Yes, you will have a hard time getting a visa if your postgraduate course in Canada is unrelated to your undergraduate degree. If you are a nurse, I suggest you get into a nursing program so that you can better defend your purpose in studying in Canada. Eligibility for PGWP is usually for students who spend at least 4 terms in Canada. Graduates can get a 3 year PGWP. I have not read of any information in CIC re: PGWP for 1-year course graduates. There are several ways of acquiring PR status. One of the is the PhD scheme. In Saskatchewan, they offer Masters graduates PR eligibility. If you are able to get PGWP, you can apply for the provincial nominee scheme once you secured at least 6 months of work experience plus a valid employment contract.

@ Kimmy: I think you are only to prove that you can fund your first year of studies and 2.5M (Approx $60K) is over the top. Usually $30K is the average total costs for single students. But if you have dependents then that will be additional cost of around $10-15K/ year per family member. If you got more money to show, that will be great since the embassy will see you are study and not work in Canada and may increase your chances of landing a visa.

For those who plan to apply, better go for the paper-based application. I applied via the online facility last April 19 and until now I am yet to receive my request for medical examinations. Others who applied later than me via paper based application already have their medical requests.
Hi Doc,

i already read the answer in my inquiry. thanks

boston_pinoy88

Jan 23, 2013
faithmd said:
hi guys! My brother will submit his application for SP this coming week. sana ma-approve mga applications natin. Update update tau. Sana mabilis lang ;D
hello faith,

did your brother applied through online or paper based?

boston_pinoy88

Jan 23, 2013
kyle said:
In my hubby's case... We paid half of the tuition fee before applying for a student visa.
The proof of payment (bpi wire transfer to the school) was one document submitted together with his application. Then half of it was paid soon as class started...

I have read... Students are encouraged now to pay full for the tuition fee... Maybe because it will convince
More the VO that they have genuine intension of studying and that they do have the means to study there.
Medyo nag hihigpit na kasi sa pag issue daw ng student visa--kasi in canada what this students do is they only take BEING A STUDENT as a route to getting a working visa. Which i am not sure how possible that is...

One more thing... Applying for student visa takes a lot of consideration as to
HOME TIES, FUNDS, FUNDS,FUNDS and FUNDS... Sad to say parang pera pera nalang din minsan...
Like someone can be approved of student visa kahit walang work experience,bata,matanda,or minsan kahit nga wala connection sa previous degree nila. Heard and read a lot of stories... And yes pag okay home ties and may enough na pera... Why not...

Good example... Interview ng hubby ko... Pinaikot ikot lang ang usapang FUNDS (not to generalize ha)
1. Where dis your funds came from?
2. How can you be able to earn such funds if youre only a nurse?
3. What will you do during summer/spring breaks holiday? (Bawal sabihin na you want to work.kasi you need to prove na you can sustain yourself while you are studying thru your funds)
Mga ganun...

HI Kyle,

i find your comments here very worthy. I will submit SP application next week for Sept 2013 semester. want to ask few questions.
1. ano ang mabilis online or paper based?
2. you said you have to pay for one year tuition since i am financing my schooling.
3. how to transfer funds. is it ok to send payment in peso through a friend in canada and he will pay the university in dollar?

Thanks. btw, are you in the philippines now?

JainaFel

Feb 10, 2013
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
29-04-2013
sweet jelly said:
wala pa ba AOR Jainafel? Parang matagal na kung wala pa. Follow up mo kaya sa fed ex ba pinadalhan mo. baka may tracking number sila.
The documents did arrive in the Embassy thru Fedex but I dont think I ever got an AOR.

Where/How can I make a follow up?

sweet jelly

Dec 17, 2010
@ jainafel

Your consultant is the one who should make a follow up regarding your case because you authorized them to act on your behalf.
All news regarding your file will go to your agent, I think you should inquire your AOR at your consultant.