Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
Hello forum people,

I have question to which several hours of googling and reading through the forum did not help. I hope, more informed members of the forum can direct me in the right direction. So, here goes.
I have received the ITA under FSW and have completed the application process and received the AOR. Medicals passed with medical test date of 24 april 2015. Currently status is 'under review'.
My situation is that I am from India and am working in Switzerland on a contract that ends in July 2016. I cannot move to Canada before that, but visiting Canada for the purpose of PR is definitely possible (financially)

My question is,

1] what is the duration of the expiry of the COPR document? (I read on a thread that its 1 year from date of medicals, please confirm)

2] Is it possible for me to land in Canada over a long weekend, get the pr entry stamp and leave immediately(2-3 days, where I open a bank account, deposit money , get address, phone etc)? and return after couple of years. Since to maintain PR validity the minimum stay requirement is 2 out of 5 years.

I am confused since it is a hard choice. My current job is financially rewarding but the swiss visa regime is infinitely unfriendly compared to Canada. I would not like to miss out on Canadian PR at any cost, but will try to minimize it if possible. Kindly help to overcome this confusion.

-yours sincerely
Seelachs

opsy

May 23, 2015
Hello Briandg,
I am planning to apply for the EE after the evaluation omyour credentials by WES. However, i have a few questions to help us in being on the right track to having good scores.

1. Is it possible for both myself and my wife to open separate EE accounts, where either of us would be the primary applicant for the other? Cos i did some calculations and i realise we both have different strong areas to give us marks.
2. In the CRS ranking score, Canadian work Experience carries 70points for the primary applicant and 10points for the spouse. However, we dont have Canadian work experience. Would our work experience from our home country be converted to Canadian work experience for us to get points?
3. What is a job letter that i am expected to obtain from previous and current employers? Is it a form of recommendation letter or employment/appointment letter.

You can send me a pm.

Thanx

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
opsy said:
Hello Briandg,
I am planning to apply for the EE after the evaluation omyour credentials by WES. However, i have a few questions to help us in being on the right track to having good scores.

1. Is it possible for both myself and my wife to open separate EE accounts, where either of us would be the primary applicant for the other? Cos i did some calculations and i realise we both have different strong areas to give us marks.

Yes. You can both create separate profiles.

2. In the CRS ranking score, Canadian work Experience carries 70points for the primary applicant and 10points for the spouse. However, we dont have Canadian work experience. Would our work experience from our home country be converted to Canadian work experience for us to get points?

No. For people who have no Canadian work experience, the maximum points that can accrue to them is 520/600 (Human Capital + Skills Transferability). You will forgo those 80 points completely if both you and your spouse have no Canadian work experience.

3. What is a job letter that i am expected to obtain from previous and current employers? Is it a form of recommendation letter or employment/appointment letter.

It is a letter on the company letterhead that states, among other things, your broad roles & responsibilities and those should match the relevant NOC code but not be a direct cut-paste job from the NOC site.

For more information, see this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-who.asp.

Thanx

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
seelachs said:
Hello forum people,

I have question to which several hours of googling and reading through the forum did not help. I hope, more informed members of the forum can direct me in the right direction. So, here goes.
I have received the ITA under FSW and have completed the application process and received the AOR. Medicals passed with medical test date of 24 april 2015. Currently status is 'under review'.
My situation is that I am from India and am working in Switzerland on a contract that ends in July 2016. I cannot move to Canada before that, but visiting Canada for the purpose of PR is definitely possible (financially)

My question is,

1] what is the duration of the expiry of the COPR document? (I read on a thread that its 1 year from date of medicals, please confirm)

2] Is it possible for me to land in Canada over a long weekend, get the pr entry stamp and leave immediately(2-3 days, where I open a bank account, deposit money , get address, phone etc)? and return after couple of years. Since to maintain PR validity the minimum stay requirement is 2 out of 5 years.

I am confused since it is a hard choice. My current job is financially rewarding but the swiss visa regime is infinitely unfriendly compared to Canada. I would not like to miss out on Canadian PR at any cost, but will try to minimize it if possible. Kindly help to overcome this confusion.

-yours sincerely
Seelachs
1] It is 1 year from the date of medicals OR the date your passport is expiring, whichever comes first.

2] Yes. That is possible but please make arrangements to get your PR card. CIC cannot deliver your PR card to an address outside of Canada. Please make sure you give a friend's or a relative's Canadian address so that CIC can send your PR card.

Hope that helped.

Thanks,

Raj

seelachs

Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
rajkamalmohanram said:
1] It is 1 year from the date of medicals OR the date your passport is expiring, whichever comes first.

2] Yes. That is possible but please make arrangements to get your PR card. CIC cannot deliver your PR card to an address outside of Canada. Please make sure you give a friend's or a relative's Canadian address so that CIC can send your PR card.

Hope that helped.

Thanks,

Raj
Thank you Raj. Yes, I can give the address of my friends to receive the PR card and have them posted it to me.
If this is really possible and if some-one who can vouch for it if they have already done this , then it can literally change my life.(ghee and sugar in your mouth :))
Because I can complete reasonable work-ex and then plan my move in the best possible way to Canada for good... 8)

warsapp

Star Member
Dec 19, 2014
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
HELLO EVERYONE,

I hope I will get answers to my questions
1. Should we use one of job titles from www5.hrsdc.gc.ca?
or we should only select 4 digit NOC code and write job title as it appears in our work book or letter of reference even if there is no such job titles found on that site?
2.Can you please help me with my situation regarding calculation and representing work experience. I am talking about foreign work experience and studies.
Here is my work experience
NOC3131(full time)
Aug 2004-Sept 2007 (was studying full time at the same time)
NOC 4012(part time)
Sept 2007-Aug 2008
NOC 4011(part time and this is my primary NOC)
Aug 2008- 30 September 2009 University A
1 October 2009- present University B (was on full time study PhD 2011-2013)
NOC 4021
Jan 2010-present
Should work experience be 3 years(full time) or 6 years(part time) continuous in primary NOC to get maximum points? or it is mandatory to have minimum 1 year continuous work experience in primary NOC and the rest work experience in primary NOC will be added automatically? If it is to be continuous only, can I write from Aug 2008- Oct 2009 in order to show system that there is no gaps in work history. later if I get ITA send a letter of explaination?

cailinfi

Jun 14, 2015
Hello.

I found myself in the same situation on Tuesday this week. They cancelled my application Sad They said I didnt upload a copy of my degree with my education cred assessment . I am almost 100% sure that I did as I had to compress the file as it was too large.

I have sent a case specific enquiry but haven't heard anything back yet . Just missed out on the ITA (I have 464 points). Quick question along with this. My spouse is the primary applicant and he has 2 degreess. He has worked in fields of both of these degree's in Canada of over 1 year in each. He got the points for 2 years work experience in Canada but under education section 2 years canadian work experience and 2 or more degrees , he only got points for 1 year in this? Does anyone know do they need to be under the same NOC Code?

Thanks all!

Amaljohan

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
briandg said:
If you have any question....i will try to answer all your questions....
Hi my Uncle (my father's bro) is a Canadian citizen and living in Alberta, Edmonton for the last 10 years. He's willing to sponsor me and i mentioned that in my EE as well. My score is 384 and is there any possibility of getting nominated by Alberta (PNP) because of my uncles sponsorship? Appriciate if you can clarify me. Thanks

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
Amaljohan said:
Hi my Uncle (my father's bro) is a Canadian citizen and living in Alberta, Edmonton for the last 10 years. He's willing to sponsor me and i mentioned that in my EE as well. My score is 384 and is there any possibility of getting nominated by Alberta (PNP) because of my uncles sponsorship? Appriciate if you can clarify me. Thanks
Currently Alberta has no such provincial nomination program that suits your requirement. please see here - http://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/immigrating/ainp.aspx

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
Dear Sir
I have Three years hon's and 1 year Master's.
so when

ASAD1ASAD

Star Member
May 10, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
JULY 2016
Doc's Request.
JULY 2016
Dear Sir

I want to know the following question anser:
i completed three years bachelor and 1 year master's
so When I WILL check the option for masters in express entry eligibility too or else
or when i do education assessment what they will write any advise.

2. mt exp. total 16 years, ( 2 years account manager-sales+ 2 years contract in marketing coordinator+ inventory executive 3 years and +7 years business development.

so when I will select option for experience then what will be my years of exp.

1. year
2, 2 year
3. three years
4 four years
5. six years or more.

waiting for your kind reply.
asad

EEcanvan

Star Member
Jun 13, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey,
My question is while generating reference code in EE profile it says you are not eligible for express entry. My CRS is 472, its just that I wanted to resubmit a new profile to be considered in OOPNP.
Thanks

darklord

Oct 12, 2014
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
N/A-EE
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-06-2015 (SINP); 04-12-2015 (CIC)
Nomination.....
05-10-2015
AOR Received.
04-12-2015
IELTS Request
Uploaded to SINP Online
Med's Request
Not Applicable - Upfront for EE
Med's Done....
Upfront medicals
EEcanvan said:
Hey,
My question is while generating reference code in EE profile it says you are not eligible for express entry. My CRS is 472, its just that I wanted to resubmit a new profile to be considered in OOPNP.
Thanks
You need to withdraw existing profile before creating new profile. Also, why are you getting not eligible for Express Entry?

Tnopip

Jun 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-03-2016
Med's Done....
15-03-2016
Hi! I am applying with my spouse for EE PR under the CEC program.

I am uploading all the documents required on mycic, and I have a question regarding the official transcript for my wife's education.

She studied here in Canada, and we got her transcript in a sealed envelope. Should I open the envelope and scan the transcript? Or do I have to send the envelope sealed somewhere?

Thanks!!

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tnopip said:
Hi! I am applying with my spouse for EE PR under the CEC program.

I am uploading all the documents required on mycic, and I have a question regarding the official transcript for my wife's education.

She studied here in Canada, and we got her transcript in a sealed envelope. Should I open the envelope and scan the transcript? Or do I have to send the envelope sealed somewhere?

Thanks!!
Canadian education credential do not require to be evaluated or assessed unlike foreign education credentials. It should be enough to simply scan and upload the education credential itself without bothering with transcripts for her Canadian education.