+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Question on Express Entry---i will try to answer

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
1 - Yes you can make changes with no repercussions before receiving an ITA.

2 - It takes about 24 hrs to get such e-mail.

3 - I'm single so can't help you there.

4 - CELPIP is easier IMO.

brijesh_shivnani

Nov 11, 2016
Answering ur 3rd ques - In the section where you enter spouse's education details the last questions asks about education in canada. If you choose NO another question appears which asks for your ECA. you have to select YES to that questions and it would ask for all the details like ECA received Date, ECA number, Organization etc.

jessy_canada said:
I would appreciate if my questions could be answered.

1. I realized I would like to start my application all over again because I had made minors error and have been updating ever since. Would it better to click start again or updating is sufficient enough (or would cic have a track of the updations should I receive ITA at any point)?
2. Whenever I update, I don’t seem to receive any email saying information updated unlike the first two times I did it. Is this normal?
3. Also, I cant seem to find the option to insert ECA no. for spouse education..What am I not looking?
4. Is CELPIP easier than IELTS to score good bands?

Thank you for the help.

harish21jun

Star Member
Mar 24, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
07-03-2017
Hi Seniors, need your advise.

I have Canadian experience (from Jan 2013 to June 25th 2015) and while filling EE (pre-ITA) it asks and I quote :

While legally in Canada during this time ?
A person must have:
1. been working on a valid work permit or exempt from needing one,
2. had legal status the whole time they were in Canada, and
3. not stayed longer than the approved time period.

What should I answer to this question(yes/no) as my visa extension application got refusal on 25th June 2015 and I travelled back to my home country on 1st July 2015 and I didn't work from 26th June to 1st July.

If there was an option to select the date, I would have given the exact date but its in MM,YYYY format.
I am thinking of answering YES and post ITA, I would include refusal letter.

Please advise?

jessy_canada

Star Member
Jan 27, 2016
DelPiero07 said:
1 - Yes you can make changes with no repercussions before receiving an ITA.

2 - It takes about 24 hrs to get such e-mail.

3 - I'm single so can't help you there.

4 - CELPIP is easier IMO.

2. I don’t get emails at all...even after 24, 48, 72hrs :D

jackdawn

Champion Member
Dec 24, 2016
Hi Seniors,

have a few queries with respect to experience and job. I have about 11 years of experience and my last job was for 7 years which i quit couple of weeks ago.

1.Do i need to be employed and show continuity of job at the time of receiving ITA.

2. Let's say im idle for 3-4 months and i receive ITA, is it fine if is show those 3-4 months as idle.

3. Do i have to update my EE profile now since i have quit my last job

Would appreciate your help and clarification

sk540

Sep 6, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
6th Feb, 26th March & 31st March
Nomination.....
PER: 25-Nov-2014
AOR Received.
-
IELTS Request
Sent with app.
File Transfer...
dont know
Med's Request
(with RPRF)17th April 2015
Med's Done....
4th May 2015, 3rd line updated: 14th May 2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
18th May 2015
VISA ISSUED...
8th June 2015
LANDED..........
1st May 2016
Helloo friends

I have a query:

Is it allowed if my spouse applies for her self through Express Entry instead of I (being immigrant) apply for her?
(the aim is to get her case processed faster)

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:
No, I haven't seen any problems because of answering NO to relatives in Canada. This is just for the sake of getting points and if you are not claiming points for relatives in Canada, you don't have to mention them on your application.
Hi Raj, Should I still emotion in LOE. I don't feel the need for that as there are no points and in none of the previous applications I have mentioned it as there was no question regarding that.
Thanks

KingKurly

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2017
Kathmandu
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear friends
Greetings!

I am currently in the EE pool with CRS 388. Booked another IELTS date as i narrowly missed CBL 9 in my last one. I have double master's degree from Ireland. Earned from two different colleges. 1st completed in 2010 MSc in International Business Management and 2nd degree completed in 2015 MBA. I have ECA for my first degree but not for the second one.

Now i am in a proper dilemma. The eligibility requirement according to CIC - "A university degree or college diploma in human resources management or a related field, such as business administration, industrial relations, commerce or psychology". My first degree is specialized in Business Management however my second degree is Business Administration as indicated by the title of degree itself. The subjects i studied in my first degree which qualifies me to work as a HR professionals, i studied those subjects in my second degree as well. In a nutshell, both degrees are basically the same.

Should i do the ECA for my second master's, i.e, Master of Business Administration just because of the requirement for the NOC. However it also says "related field, such as business administration". I have already contacted WES, waiting for response. I have no problem spending couple 100 dollar to do that. The problem is my college where i completed my second degree. They are very un co-operative even when you go talk to them in the college. My application was returned twice by CIC when i applied in 2014, first time i did not include documents mentioning my duties and responsibilities for the occupation i applied for. And secondly, the quota was full by the time my application reached to their shore. So i do not want to take any chances. Immigration officers can reject or return application for smallest of the error.

Any input will be highly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Regards
KK

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
TorontoPunjabi said:
Hi Raj, Should I still emotion in LOE. I don't feel the need for that as there are no points and in none of the previous applications I have mentioned it as there was no question regarding that.
Thanks
At the time of ITA, the information on your EE profile is captured and stored in the GCMS. So, if there is a discrepancy between the data at the time of ITA and at the time of submitting your application, it is always better to address this with a LOE.

So, if you had mentioned YES earlier and at the time of ITA your answer was still YES for relatives/PRs in Canada, I would recommend that you mention in a LOE that you are removing the relative from the application because you are not claiming any points for it. However, if at the time of ITA, the answer was NO, then you do not have to submit any LOE for that.

Good luck!

brijesh_shivnani

Nov 11, 2016
Hi Raj,

I have a similar scenario. I have answered "YES" to do u have nay relative in canada as my brother has a Canada PR ,but not sure if I can prove it through documents as my brother might not share them.( don't ask why he can't. Long story)

If I answer it as "NO", isn't it misrepresentation/hiding information?

rajkamalmohanram said:
At the time of ITA, the information on your EE profile is captured and stored in the GCMS. So, if there is a discrepancy between the data at the time of ITA and at the time of submitting your application, it is always better to address this with a LOE.

So, if you had mentioned YES earlier and at the time of ITA your answer was still YES for relatives/PRs in Canada, I would recommend that you mention in a LOE that you are removing the relative from the application because you are not claiming any points for it. However, if at the time of ITA, the answer was NO, then you do not have to submit any LOE for that.

Good luck!

TorontoPunjabi

May 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-04-2017
Doc's Request.
Upfront
AOR Received.
01-04-2017
IELTS Request
8 Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2017
Passport Req..
19-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2017
LANDED..........
20-07-2017
rajkamalmohanram said:

Good luck!
Perfect. Thanks a lot Raj for that. So I haven't recieved the ITA yet and I changed from 'yes' to 'no' so as per your instructions theer should be no issues. It will keep as 'no' at the time of ITA and when I am submitting my application. ;D :D

MatthewAT

Jan 27, 2017
Thanks for answering my previous question, this forum is fantastic.

I was wondering if paid overtime hours can be included in your work experience? If so, do you average them in your "hours per week"?
Right now I have an average of 45hrs a week, but I was hired to work 40hrs a week in my contract.

"“Full-time” means at least 30 hours of paid work in one week. One year of full-time work is at least 1560 hours." - CIC

srikar138899

Jan 30, 2017
Can an applicant have got nominated by Ontario by getting 400 points by getting points from age,education and language test and don't have any work experience and got a job offer in Canada

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
srikar138899 said:
Can an applicant have got nominated by Ontario by getting 400 points by getting points from age,education and language test and don't have any work experience and got a job offer in Canada
In order to be eligible for Express Entry, you need to have attest one year of work experience.

kovthe

Star Member
Jul 10, 2015
I have received ITA again(I had to decline the first one). I have started my application. I see my ITA is valid till 22nd April 2017. However, my provincial nomination is set to expire on 26th March, and IELTS on 28th March. So What will be my actual deadline for submitting application- date before provincial nomination expires, or date before IELTS expires. If after receiving ITA, provincial nomination deadline does not matter, I plan to retake IELTS to buy some more time.

Please suggest.