Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
04-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting....
My ecas changed to "in process" last week with date 9 of July.

Cheers

S

sannytq

Hello,

I have been requested recently for interview from Sydney, Australia offce. I just wanted to know that is every one at this office have to go through an interview? Or do they select randomly or if something is not rigth with your file.
Also if some one has gone through the interview and can share their experience that will be helpful. I am a bit worried.

plz lets keep this thread alive and update each other as i see no one has posted anything here for sometime....

Thanks in advance

Cheers

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sannytq said:
Hello,

I have been requested recently for interview from Sydney, Australia offce. I just wanted to know that is every one at this office have to go through an interview? Or do they select randomly or if something is not rigth with your file.
Also if some one has gone through the interview and can share their experience that will be helpful. I am a bit worried.

plz lets keep this thread alive and update each other as i see no one has posted anything here for sometime....

Thanks in advance

Cheers
Hi Sanny,

What we have seen recently is that Sydney is calling applicants for interview sometimes its just a quality purpose but most of the time it is when they want to clear some doubts they have like about proof of funds , marriage or work experience. One of applicant name " Fariza" had his interview on 6th July you can PM him and asks questions related to interview.

Cheers
Saki

dasalcedo

Star Member
May 21, 2010
Adelaide - Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney - Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-11-2009
Doc's Request.
27-01-2010
AOR Received.
10-05-2010
IELTS Request
10-04-2010
File Transfer...
28-01-2010
Med's Request
28-07-2010
Med's Done....
04-08-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waiting....
I just want to say that my interview from Sydney was waived this week.

Cheers

fariza

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2010
Australia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats saki on getting your first AOR.... Its really great that you became the champion member of the forum before that.. I really appreciate the way you've been contributing this forum and its members

Wish you to have a speedy rest of your processing done at London CHC once you submit ur full docs

@Dasalcedo

Congrats on getting medical req and having interview waived... soon you will be getting PPR and the stamped visa.... best of luck

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
fariza said:
Congrats saki on getting your first AOR.... Its really great that you became the champion member of the forum before that.. I really appreciate the way you've been contributing this forum and its members

Wish you to have a speedy rest of your processing done at London CHC once you submit ur full docs

@ Dasalcedo

Congrats on getting medical req and having interview waived... soon you will be getting PPR and the stamped visa.... best of luck
Thanks bro, how u progressing with your documents ?

S

sannytq

Well i am sure that they have some doubts so thats way they called me for interview. I have to fly from New Zealand to Australia. I dont htink they will pick my application and call me that far for an interview just for quality purposes.
BY the way when it shows in process on your ecase does that mean you have been awarded 67 points or they r gona discuss that with me in the interview too. That is for sydney office i kwno different offices work differently....

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sannytq said:
Well i am sure that they have some doubts so thats way they called me for interview. I have to fly from New Zealand to Australia. I dont htink they will pick my application and call me that far for an interview just for quality purposes.
BY the way when it shows in process on your ecase does that mean you have been awarded 67 points or they r gona discuss that with me in the interview too. That is for sydney office i kwno different offices work differently....
Its in process so its pretty much that you have passed the 67 points because they wouldnt have started the processing if there was an issue with the points. They might wanted to ask you questions about your job experience, proof of funds or maybe about your marriage life if you have applied as a couple.

Cheers
saki

S

sannytq

Thanks Saki for such a quick reply. By the way it shows that your visa office is London. how come u know so much about Sydney office then?? r u in Australia??
And i asked about the points because i remember reading some where some ones's post that they went for interview and the visa officer told him he has 65 points and then rejected him after interview. Dont know if that person was called for interview after the case status was showing "in process". I have applied as single 26 years old too young to be married.hahaha
what i am thinking is that i didnt take IELTS test and claimed points without it. Because i had taken IELTS before. It expired couple of months back and i had 7.5 band in it. and plus i have degree from NZ and two years experience here too. So i wrote a letter explaining that i shouldnt be required to take IELTS again and should be given 16 points. Maybe VO wants to talk to me in person and assess my proficiency in English. But then from what you said if he has already given me 67 points then why bother now....
hmm i think i am gona go crazy thinking. hehehe....

Cheers.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sannytq said:
Thanks Saki for such a quick reply. By the way it shows that your visa office is London. how come u know so much about Sydney office then?? r u in Australia??
And i asked about the points because i remember reading some where some ones's post that they went for interview and the visa officer told him he has 65 points and then rejected him after interview. Dont know if that person was called for interview after the case status was showing "in process". I have applied as single 26 years old too young to be married.hahaha
what i am thinking is that i didnt take IELTS test and claimed points without it. Because i had taken IELTS before. It expired couple of months back and i had 7.5 band in it. and plus i have degree from NZ and two years experience here too. So i wrote a letter explaining that i shouldnt be required to take IELTS again and should be given 16 points. Maybe VO wants to talk to me in person and assess my proficiency in English. But then from what you said if he has already given me 67 points then why bother now....
hmm i think i am gona go crazy thinking. hehehe....

Cheers.

Yeah i am actually residing in Australia but i am not sure if i will be here for next 1 yr so thats why i applied in London.
I think this is the reason why they have ask you for an interview and you are right maybe they want to check you proficiency in english by speaking face to face. tell me one thing if they give you less than 16 points points in english will you still able to get 67 points or will be short ? because what i heard is that when you dont submit any english proficiency prove the visa officers give you points on the basis of what he thinks and in that case he can give you anything between 0 to 16 thats why in new rules they have made it compulsory for everyone to sit IELTS.

I hope everything goes fine with you and one more thing 26 is not soo young i am younger than you and have been married for 1 yr now :)

Cheers
saki

S

sannytq

Well if he gives me liek 0 or something very low then yes i wont make the 67 pass mark. Mostlypeople claim proficiency in English by saying that i have a degree from english speakign country and i have worked in English speaking country. But they have never taken IELTS. I actually have taken IELTS it is just that it expired couple of months ago and plus i have a degree and work experience from english speaking country. Also my IELTS score was preety good 7.5 which is what they require for max 16 points. SO i mean if the visa officer is logical he shoudl nto ask me to take the same test again when he can see i took it and got the marks they require for proficiency. I hope you get what i am tryign to say .hehehe.

Btw this makes me think if it is about this proficiency thing and the VO is gona decide the points after interview then the ecase status of in process does not mean that points have been awarded as many people say and u said earlier too.....???

And yeah i know 26 is not young i was just kidding. If this PR gets sorted then i wil get married too. dont wana move from one country to another with spouse on visas. its quite a hastle.

This

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sannytq said:
Well if he gives me liek 0 or something very low then yes i wont make the 67 pass mark. Mostlypeople claim proficiency in English by saying that i have a degree from english speakign country and i have worked in English speaking country. But they have never taken IELTS. I actually have taken IELTS it is just that it expired couple of months ago and plus i have a degree and work experience from english speaking country. Also my IELTS score was preety good 7.5 which is what they require for max 16 points. SO i mean if the visa officer is logical he shoudl nto ask me to take the same test again when he can see i took it and got the marks they require for proficiency. I hope you get what i am tryign to say .hehehe.

Btw this makes me think if it is about this proficiency thing and the VO is gona decide the points after interview then the ecase status of in process does not mean that points have been awarded as many people say and u said earlier too.....???

And yeah i know 26 is not young i was just kidding. If this PR gets sorted then i wil get married too. dont wana move from one country to another with spouse on visas. its quite a hastle.

This
Well you come to know when you will go to the interview, try your best and if they make any objection regarding your english request them that they give you sometime and you will take the IELTS again to fullfill there requriments and proove it that your english is perfect.

Good luck do share with us about your interview.

Cheers
saki

VictoriaM

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Sannytq,
You are lucky. Your case got 'In Process' so quickly. I check my ecase every day and it is always 'Received by VO' / 'pending review'. I sent my full documents to Sydney office 2 weeks earlier than you.
When will they begin to work on my case :'(

VictoriaM

Star Member
Jun 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dasalcedo said:
I just want to say that my interview from Sydney was waived this week.

Cheers
Hi dasalcedo,
Congrats!!!
You will get your VISA very soon!!! :)