+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any Ghanaian applying/applied for student visa for January 2016 term?

kwamepipim

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
guys CIC have changed the processing time from 12weeks but to 8weeks. from what i have seen from other forums, if you applied and and your processing time has passed you need to call the CIC office,
so @ dennis and Asante you need to call the office.
and also what i saw was they approve visa based on the time of approval not the time to start your class. that is what i has anyone received a message from CIC telling them to defer their class?
some people are saying they have been told to defer their class

AsanteO

Jan 4, 2016
kwamepipim said:
guys CIC have changed the processing time from 12weeks but to 8weeks. from what i have seen from other forums, if you applied and and your processing time has passed you need to call the CIC office,
so @ dennis and Asante you need to call the office.
and also what i saw was they approve visa based on the time of approval not the time to start your class. that is what i has anyone received a message from CIC telling them to defer their class?
some people are saying they have been told to defer their class
Hi Kwame, please help me with thier contact number. Also, what exactly should i say when i call, because i have tried so many times to call them and their call center is down. Please help because its urgent. Thanks

AsanteO

Jan 4, 2016
AsanteO said:
Hi Kwame, please help me with thier contact number. Also, what exactly should i say when i call, because i have tried so many times to call them and their call center is down. Please help because its urgent. Thanks
And no, i have not received any mail from CIC on deferring the course4. All i have received so far is just the mail to wait till a decision is made.

kwamepipim

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
if you have gotten that email then i think you good, cause most of us hasnt, when did you receive that email, wass it after you did your medicals.
@dennis did you receive that email too?

kwamepipim

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
@dennis i didnt call the embassy, i cant't call them unless i dont receive my visa after the processing time is passed. currently study permit takes 8weeks, am now in my 5th week so i cant call them. the call centre is for those who havent received my visa after thesupposed processing time has passed. I personally i called the visa office, the one at dzorwulu.
"@dennis, go to the cic website, you will find what you looking for. cic.gc.ca
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/call.asp
you the link above and find what you looking for

kwamepipim

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
eiiii, so they sent you the email after two months of submition. 30th oct to 30nov. serious.
and when did you do ur medicals?

AsanteO

Jan 4, 2016
kwamepipim said:
eiiii, so they sent you the email after two months of submition. 30th oct to 30nov. serious.
and when did you do ur medicals?
hmmmm..with upfront medicals oo.

kwamepipim

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
okay i see, all the october people did upfront medicals, those who did that whee did you get the medicals forms?
@asante did you make the call and what did they say?
@dennis did you also did urs, any updates guys?

Kwamedimpor

Jan 13, 2016
my name is Kwame from Ghana. I completed senior High sch in 2006, and ever since I have been a pastor in one of this one man churches. With the shs cert, I have gotten acceptance letter from Univ of Prince Edward Island for BSc Env'tal Studies. I applied for study permit in Dec 01, 2015 and still waiting for approval. I did not have any document to prove the pastoral ministry. Is it possible I would be refused the study permit?
Please help me out. Thank you.

kwamepipim

Star Member
Jan 6, 2016
well for starters non of us can tell you if you will be denied or accepted cause all of us are applicants just like you waiting for our results of the study permit application,
if you going to do environmental studies, i dont think it has anything to do with ur pastor training, it all depends on how you filled ur forms, under the employment side if you wrote that you were working in a church, then maybe that i think you need to provide something, even that it is just my idea, nothing official on that.
environmental studies has nothing to do with ur pastorial training that is just my idea.
this is just what i know
all the best

Kwamedimpor

Jan 13, 2016
Re: Any Ghanaian applying/applied for student visa for January 2016 term? thanks

thanks for your view, I am grateful