Any feedback about Royal Roads University MBA

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

echelon99 said:
No, in Canada they call it a co-op placement.

Just be warned, uVic is in Victoria, which is basically a tourist town. So don't expect too many relevant co-op opportunities.

1. UVic has one of the strongest Co-op program in Canada.

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
enfield said:
Hi,

1. UVic has one of the strongest Co-op program in Canada.
They are not accepting my proposal and this is what they have to say:

" You are also a very “experienced” individual, with many years of work experience and I would guess that you are in your 30s. My advice is that I do not think our program is a good fit for you. The MGB is pretty much a “pre-experience” master’s program, targeted at new and recent grads of undergraduate Business degree programs. Most students are in the 22-25 year age range and they have limited, if any work experience. For someone like you, I fear you would not get much value from the MGB experience even if you were eligible."

Any other suggestions for some other university...Please suggest

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
I think this should.b an.eye opener to you to look for mba or why not look for sm PMP programs if they r tought in collg/univerities not sure of that though

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
harsh_mba said:
I think this should.b an.eye opener to you to look for mba or why not look for sm PMP programs if they r tought in collg/univerities not sure of that though
Do you mean that I should not be looking for MBA programs??
Royal Roads University is accepting under flexible admission work exp of 10 years, however in the earlier thread by you all, it is said that its not a good university in front of the Canadian employers.

So what would you all suggest?? Its already March and m planning for Sep intake...

Please let me know....

manoj katta

Star Member
Feb 17, 2013
tedd..

I also got to know that in royal roads the internship will have to be searched by the student itself and the university only just guides you thet dont put you into the companies for internship ...Hope that is not the case with the other universities.

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
manoj katta said:
tedd..

I also got to know that in royal roads the internship will have to be searched by the student itself and the university only just guides you thet dont put you into the companies for internship ...Hope that is not the case with the other universities.
Its really getting tougher day by day as getting so many feedbacks, however no conclusion whatsoever....
Still dont know which university to apply and time is running so fast....

Experts please put your head together in my case....

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
We can offer advice but there r a few things u gotta donurself..

First of all

Make a list of all top notch uni...

1) uni of toronto
2) mcmaster
3) ubc
4) queens
5) uni of alberta
6) uni of victoria
7) uni of ottawa
8) uni of calgary
9) simon fraser university

Guys plz feel free to add if i might i missed some. Go to the websites of all the above
Get there tution fees based on ur budget nd cut off uni that r not inbur budget
Then, next step is to contact the dept since m sure allnof these would need GMAt for mMBA

Check if any of them r willing to ease tat req for u considering ur 10 years work ex.... u wont get more than a couple with this filter
Come to us with those options nd we can help u more .....hope this helps

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manoj katta said:
tedd..

No university will guarantee an internship/ co-op. They will only provide you with resources.

take any co-op program at any university, they just put employers in touch with students. The selection part is the same as any other regular job process; you try to sell yourself via your resume first, then a personal interview.

Also, if co-op is a mandatory part of your program, that still does not mean they will find a job for you. You still have to go job hunting yourself. Its just that unless you finish your co-op, you can't graduate with that distinction on your graduating certificate.

Besides, if you require schools to find jobs for you in your co-ops, good luck getting a job on your own after graduation.

just_do_it

Nov 20, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
echelon99 said:
No, in Canada they call it a co-op placement.

Just be warned, UVic is in Victoria, which is basically a tourist town. So don't expect too many relevant co-op opportunities.
co-op is not restricted to a specific location.
I have been through the uvic co-op, they get job ads from all over the country, even from the US. I even saw job ads from germany. There will be local job offerings too. but you would be doing a disservice to yourself if you restrict yourself to looking for local jobs.

In my experience, some of the best jobs usually require you to move.

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
harsh_mba said:
We can offer advice but there r a few things u gotta donurself..

First of all

Make a list of all top notch uni...

1) uni of toronto
2) mcmaster
3) ubc
4) queens
5) uni of alberta
6) uni of victoria
7) uni of ottawa
8) uni of calgary
9) simon fraser university

Guys plz feel free to add if i might i missed some. Go to the websites of all the above
Get there tution fees based on ur budget nd cut off uni that r not inbur budget
Then, next step is to contact the dept since m sure allnof these would need GMAt for mMBA

Check if any of them r willing to ease tat req for u considering ur 10 years work ex.... u wont get more than a couple with this filter
Come to us with those options nd we can help u more .....hope this helps
Harsh_mba - I have already gone through all the universities listed at the top ranking in Canada. Got rejected from U of Vic and VIU.

Have noticed that mostly the budget is the issue....

Do I need to apply in college under non spp?? Is that a good idea

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
harsh_mba said:
What do u meen by u hav got rejected? Did u apply for.mba anywhere mentioned?
I had emailed my profile to the universities before applying for the course asking them if I would be eligible. They gave me the feedback which I wrote in my earlier thread....

2 universities applied - Uni of vic and VIU.

bibz4

Mar 28, 2016
Hi,

I am from India and I am looking for a MBA program at Canada for the Sep intake. I have 6 years of work experience. My ed consultant gave me a choice of universities like the Vancouver Island University, Royal Roads University, Thompson Rivers University, British Columbia, Lakehead University, Ontario, Cape Breton University, Nova Scotia, Canada and Vancouver Institute of Media Arts, British Columbia. I have done my Btech in ECE and looking at my academics they have given me this list. I have initially filed an application to VIU thinking that their dual degree program Mba/MscIBm would benefit me. Reading the reviews, now I decided that I will apply for Royal Roads. Is the dual degree program in VIU good? What about MGM in Royal Roads. I would like to have a good reply as I do not have much time left to file.

Jubair009

Mar 24, 2016
PGD or Masters ??

My Profile: BBA 2011, MBA major in accounting (2015), 3 years work experience in Supply chain Management, IELTS (Acad) 7.0,

No GRE/GMAT, Budget CAD$30,000 for Tuition fee

Please advice a program which has good Visa chances

Rasul

Jan 25, 2016
Jubair009 said:
PGD or Masters ??

My Profile: BBA 2011, MBA major in accounting (2015), 3 years work experience in Supply chain Management, IELTS (Acad) 7.0,

No GRE/GMAT, Budget CAD$30,000 for Tuition fee

Please advice a program which has good Visa chances
Most probably Masters would a good choice to go for SCM. You can go to Seneca/Humer etc colleges for Graduate Certificate programs in SCM though.