+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any feedback about Royal Roads University MBA

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
I want to have feedback for Royal Roads University, want to do MBA, since have 10 years of work experience....Kindly suggest....

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Tedd said:
I want to have feedback for Royal Roads University, want to do MBA, since have 10 years of work experience....Kindly suggest....

1. It's average, tuition around CAD 44,000+ (course/text book cost extra)

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
Thanks for the reply...

I am planning for Masters of Global Management PG course which is of one year, and later 6 months internship or Project Option.
The fees showing here on the website is CAD$28,800 (approx15.5lacs).

On the website they have mentioned that applicants who do not meet the academic requirements for Standard Admission would normally require a minimum of ten years fulltime business-related work experience with at least five years at a manager level.

I think I do qualify for it, however just wanted inputs from you all.

Will there be any problem in applying to this college as its under Non SPP

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
Honestly its not worth doing from.this uni....u have a 10.year work.ex.
U should.target better schools lik mcmaster,ubc, uni of alberta....dere r some.of the best

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
I agree. The only reason anyone would choose RR over any other Canadian MBA is that they don't feel like giving the GMAT.

If GMAT is really such a big issue for you, then try and get admitted into a MSC program or PHD. Stay away from Royal Roads

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
agreed , to be honest 10 years of exp u can try the top shots without gmat as well ......!!! make a list of such uni , shoot a mail
to the academic advisor , discuss ur profiel nd enquire whether admission is possible without gmat considering ur 10 years work ex, dont
spoil ur career , i have seen people do admin jobs with 10 years of project manager experience in india, to the point indian work ex wont help much ,
u ll need a good mba to get jobs close to the level u are right nw!!

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
harsh_mba said:
agreed , to be honest 10 years of exp u can try the top shots without gmat as well ......!!! make a list of such uni , shoot a mail
to the academic advisor , discuss ur profiel nd enquire whether admission is possible without gmat considering ur 10 years work ex, dont
spoil ur career , i have seen people do admin jobs with 10 years of project manager experience in india, to the point indian work ex wont help much ,
u ll need a good mba to get jobs close to the level u are right nw!!
Thanks for the advise....

Could you please provide me top universities where I can apply. I am planning for Masters of Global Management, since MBA is too expensive for me. My budget is 15lacs, hence would require your assistance in searching proper universities. Do let me know

Thanks in advance...

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
dun knw much abt other universities but victoria's full tym MBA for international students is 30k....around 15lacs....!! u can try

SFU
UBC
Uni of alberta
Uni of guelph

enfield

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Tedd said:
Thanks for the advise....

Could you please provide me top universities where I can apply. I am planning for Masters of Global Management, since MBA is too expensive for me. My budget is 15lacs, hence would require your assistance in searching proper universities. Do let me know

Thanks in advance...

1. You can apply for Masters of Global Business Management at Uvic, tuition within your budget.

Tedd

Star Member
Sep 20, 2012
enfield said:
Hi,

1. You can apply for Masters of Global Business Management at Uvic, tuition within your budget.

Thanks for the info.....

I have emailed my profile to Uvic, waiting for their reply....

Just wanted to enquire is there any difference between Co-op and Internship??

echelon99

Jun 5, 2012
Colombo, Sri-Lanka
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-05-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 overall
File Transfer...
24-05-2013
Med's Request
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
01-07-2013
Passport Req..
19-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
24-07-2013
No, in Canada they call it a co-op placement.

Just be warned, uVic is in Victoria, which is basically a tourist town. So don't expect too many relevant co-op opportunities.

harsh_mba

May 21, 2012
ya u would have to relocate to other provinces for ur co-op work term , but their co-op program is big
nd employement opportunities from across canada r available.