+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

any chance in federal court

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
I appealed in federal court for citizenship application, I got refusal because I failed my exam with the judge , I did once with the judge , I have hearing in march 2014, do I have any chance to win and have chance to do my exam again?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
medielmawla said:
I appealed in federal court for citizenship application, I got refusal because I failed my exam with the judge , I did once with the judge , I have hearing in march 2014, do I have any chance to win and have chance to do my exam again?
You would have to tell us why you were refused and on what basis you are appealing.

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
I am appealing because I got refusal on my application , because I didn't pass my oral exam and I did it only once with the judge here is my timeline:

application received:november 2009
RQ: august 2011
interview with the judge may 2013
refusal letter: july 2013
appealed in federal court :October 2013
hearing date :march 2014

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
scylla said:
You would have to tell us why you were refused and on what basis you are appealing.
the only reason In the refusal letter that I didn't pass my oral exam with the judge.

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
You should ask your lawyer this question. You should expect a better answer from him/her than anonymous people on the internet.

But to your question: Did you ever take a written exam? Were you given a chance to repeat the written exam if you failed?

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
links18 said:
You should ask your lawyer this question. You should expect a better answer from him/her than anonymous people on the internet.

But to your question: Did you ever take a written exam? Were you given a chance to repeat the written exam if you failed?
I never did my written exam, I did only once orally when I met the judge, I know I should do it twice before I see the judge is that correct?

ZYXWVU98

Star Member
Jul 20, 2012
appeal may not be successful. Because when you agreed to do the oral exam, virtually you agreed to waive your chance to take written exam. you should have told the judge during the hearing that you want to come back for a second time and be scheduled for a written exam.

medielmawla

Star Member
Sep 11, 2013
ZYXWVU98 said:
appeal may not be successful. Because when you agreed to do the oral exam, virtually you agreed to waive your chance to take written exam. you should have told the judge during the hearing that you want to come back for a second time and be scheduled for a written exam.

the judge didn't tell me that I failed my oral exam, she requested for CBSA and more documents, after 4 month I received this letter.

I regret to inform you that your application for Canadian citizenship is not approved ,you appeared before me for a hearing of your application , I found that you did not meet the requirements of paragraph 5(1) of the citizenship act.

paragraph 5(1) of the citizenship act provides that an applicant for citizenship must have an adequate knowledge of Canada and of the responsibilities and privileges of citizenship in order to qualify for Canadian citizenship.