+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Any advantage in hiring representatives/lawyers

SaaZ77

Jan 21, 2016
Hi Folks,

Do any of you believe that hiring any representative or Lawyer for applying for Immigration Visa makes any difference ?? Will it help our profile being prioritized and considered for processing faster etc. because most of them claim that they will prepare a perfect EE profile.

A slight difference will lead your profile to be rejected. Please advise

Thanks in advance

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The feedback I have read about on this forum is that lawyers do more harm than good. There is one forum member who has told me about how a lawyer messed their application up 3 different times.

Stanlee

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2016
SaaZ77 said:
Hi Folks,

Do any of you believe that hiring any representative or Lawyer for applying for Immigration Visa makes any difference ?? Will it help our profile being prioritized and considered for processing faster etc. because most of them claim that they will prepare a perfect EE profile.

No, personally I do not agree with the statement, because I have experience hiring an agent/consultant as well as doing things on my own. As far as representatives are concerned, they will only guide you as to what all documents are required, what all needs to be included in the EE profile (they may also assist in filling up the same as well) and guide you as to what your NOC code could be etc. You will still have to arrange all the documents on your own. In the end, you will realize that you have paid them to tell you all the information which is ready available on the net, forums like this and OINP website. If you have time to read through posts on this forum, OINP website, blogs etc, you are good to go on your own. On the other hand if you are very busy and cannot spare time and you don't mind paying a hefty fee to the consultant/representative, then you can go for it.

A slight difference will lead your profile to be rejected. Please advise

If by slight difference it amounts to misrepresentation, yes, the application can get rejected. But, believe me, it is not very difficult, who will know better about you, than YOU yourself. So, take the leap of faith, be prepared with all the documents and information before creating the Express Entry profile and double check before you submit it. After all, minor modifications to the profile can be done till you submit your application provided there is no drastic change in the score. What matters is, there should be documentary evidence to support your claim for points when the application is submitted.

Few people on the forum have reported that their representative had submitted the wrong information/missed out on some information. So, I would leave the decision to you. If I were you, I would have done it myself.

Thanks in advance

angel0815

Star Member
Aug 12, 2015
Hi!

But what if your are just getting your sponsor, your aunt, to be your representative?

I already received ITA and am completing my doc attaching. Now in dilemma if I should assign my aunt as representative.

Is it more on advantage to assign her? I read that her email will be written down not mine. Does this mean all correspondences will go to her and not mine? My only purpose is so that in future she can inquire or follow up on my behalf to CIC.

Appreciate your views.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angel0815 said:
Hi!

But what if your are just getting your sponsor, your aunt, to be your representative?

I already received ITA and am completing my doc attaching. Now in dilemma if I should assign my aunt as representative.

Is it more on advantage to assign her? I read that her email will be written down not mine. Does this mean all correspondences will go to her and not mine? My only purpose is so that in future she can inquire or follow up on my behalf to CIC.

Appreciate your views.
Makes no difference to your application processing timelines. The only difference this will make is that it will allow them to contact IRCC or their local MP to make inquiries on your behalf - this could potentially help you get some information out but is unlikely to make any other difference to your application. You can always order GCMS notes to gain access to the same information. If you input their mail id, they will receive all relevant communication on that mail id.

No harm in adding them to your application but it has limited (or no) significant difference.

Read here as well ---> http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/rep-who.asp

rardhawa

Feb 3, 2016
There are good stories of immigration consultants and there are bad. I have had good experiences and approval. It costs though. It's worth the cost if you want it done right the first time. It was for me.