+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

tracker_01

Star Member
Aug 19, 2016
Hi All,

I am currently living in the UAE however I am not a citizen of this country I am here on a visitor visa my parents live here I applied for Canadian Study permit which I was refused but I am now preparing an appeal for it.
My Peruvian passport allows me to visit Turkey for 90 days. My question is if I can apply for this appeal in Ankara because the turnover is 1 week. This is because the processing time in the UAE takes 4-5 weeks. and my study will begin in less than 3 weeks.
I believe you have to apply to the Canadian Visa Office that is responsible for your country of citizenship. It appears that there is an embassy in Peru, but they only process Federal Immigration Programs. If you are applying for study permit, they will forward your application to Mexico (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/apply-where.asp#p)
Based on my knowledge, you cannot apply in Ankara because that visa office is not responsible for your country of citizenship. I am not sure how UAE visa office accepted your application. Maybe the fact that your parents live there has helped.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/egan-28-months-later-husband-still-cant-join-new-wife-in-Canada

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/more-than-two-years-later-kurdish-husband-finally-joins-wife-in-aylmer

This Kurdish/Iranian man security screening (SS) took from 21 April 2016 (the date all documents provided) to 14 June 2017 (almost 14 months). Despite the following case his ss was relatively completed faster than many other current Iranain citizens who are still waiting after 14 months for security screening to be completed! Such long waits for security screening don't make sense.
"Once in the Kurdish army, he had fled and taken refuge with a large group of displaced Kurds in Germany, settling in Cologne, no doubt displeasing Iranian authorities, she speculates. “You can’t get information from the country you ran away from.”"

Last edited:

nimpal

Jun 19, 2017
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, it is really descriptive and useful. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

My wife and I have applied for spousal sponsorship (she is the principal applicant) and our application has been received in Feb 2017 (AOR1), our timeline is as follows:

1- AOR1: February 3.,
2- Schedule A and police certificate request: February 13,
3- Medical Request: Feb 28,
4- SA: March 1,
5- AOR2 (Ankara Turkey VO): March 10,
6- Second Police certificate request: March 30.

And no message or any update in our profile since then (around 5 months of silence). I have emailed the Ankara VO and asked whether everything is received by them or not, but they never replied me back.

When the application was sent to VO, they asked us for a second Police Certificate, which we uploaded the scanned document through the GC website. Was that the right thing to do or we needed to email them the document?

Is there any way to contact the VO? is it useful at all to contact them?

Also, In our profile, every item's status is "In process", can we somehow know where the application is stuck?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi all,

I am new to this forum, it is really descriptive and useful. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

My wife and I have applied for spousal sponsorship (she is the principal applicant) and our application has been received in Feb 2017 (AOR1), our timeline is as follows:

1- AOR1: February 3.,
2- Schedule A and police certificate request: February 13,
3- Medical Request: Feb 28,
4- SA: March 1,
5- AOR2 (Ankara Turkey VO): March 10,
6- Second Police certificate request: March 30.

And no message or any update in our profile since then (around 5 months of silence). I have emailed the Ankara VO and asked whether everything is received by them or not, but they never replied me back.

When the application was sent to VO, they asked us for a second Police Certificate, which we uploaded the scanned document through the GC website. Was that the right thing to do or we needed to email them the document?

Is there any way to contact the VO? is it useful at all to contact them?

Also, In our profile, every item's status is "In process", can we somehow know where the application is stuck?
If the background check shows in process she is most probably in security screening Which will take a while (at least six months from the day it goes to in process).
They asked my husband PC three times, last time I wrote to them if there is something wrong with PC or translation please let us know to fix it instead of sending a new PC request and they finally stopped it and accepted the PC. We put upfront PC 29 May 2016, second PC request 8 Sep, 3rd PC request 15 Nov, confirmation that they finally have the PC which they were looking for 6 Jan 2017.
The way to write to them is web form or direct email. Sometimes they reply sometimes they don't.

sponsor may order gcms note from atip website to figure out what is going on in the file.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Can you please add your name to the excel file in my signature?

googler

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
wife case is generally easier. There are 5/30 wives stocked and the rest husbands. Some wives are getting PR in 3 months these days.
Yes you have to translate 20 pages or so. We translated ourselves but there is a debate in the new application weather to transfer officially or not. You may join the telegram group called "Mohajerat khishavandi in Persian letters" for more information about application.
Thanks for replying to my inquiry. I was on vacations and just saw your response.
I could not find such a group named "mohajerat khishavandi" in Telegram. Can you please provide a link to the group?
Thanks again.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
10 months in security screening today and 3 more days left for Aug. Embassy will be closed Aug 31 to Sep 4 (both days included).

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
It looks like we are going to wait for the security screening to be completed forever! Please check this out:
https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2017/07/16/thousands-of-refugee-cases-suspended-due-to-border-agency-delays.html
Recently there has been tens of thousands of Syrian asylum seekers whose background must be checked by CBSA and apparently they don't distinguish between the refugee applications and spousal sponsorship applications! I guess we need to ask the MPs or anyone else in charge to pressure the CBSA to give a priority to spousal sponsorship cases otherwise due to the huge number of Syrian refugees we might be stuck in security screening for years!

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
It looks like we are going to wait for the security screening to be completed forever! Please check this out:
https://www.thestar.com/news/immigration/2017/07/16/thousands-of-refugee-cases-suspended-due-to-border-agency-delays.html
Recently there has been tens of thousands of Syrian asylum seekers whose background must be checked by CBSA and apparently they don't distinguish between the refugee applications and spousal sponsorship applications! I guess we need to ask the MPs or anyone else in charge to pressure the CBSA to give a priority to spousal sponsorship cases otherwise due to the huge number of Syrian refugees we might be stuck in security screening for years!
check this out https://www.facebook.com/ralphgoodale/posts/10154966089755897. Only 10 people cared!

Dear Ralph GoodaleIRCC has announced priority for spouse sponsorship from outside Canada between all the immigration categories to reunite families, Does CBSA follow the same priority in processing spouse security screenings? There are many newly married couples apart for more than a year (up to 3 years) and even Canadian chidlren 0-3 years old in Canada without their dad. Please take some actions and boost your outland familiy sponsorship security screening process.

Last edited:

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
I got a letter today from ATIF re: request from CBSA ( security screening). In the letter they were asking for extension of 30 more days to process my request. I put my request on July 23,2017.
I remember when I said earlier, that they have to meet with Syrians refugees quota this year. So, spousal sponsorship applications to them it can wait. It is very unfair process. I wander how fast refugees pass security checks. Government doesn't care, all they care to go after your dollar when income tax time comes.