+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I got a letter today from ATIF re: request from CBSA ( security screening). In the letter they were asking for extension of 30 more days to process my request. I put my request on July 23,2017.
I remember when I said earlier, that they have to meet with Syrians refugees quota this year. So, spousal sponsorship applications to them it can wait. It is very unfair process. I wander how fast refugees pass security checks. Government doesn't care, all they care to go after your dollar when income tax time comes.
Another applicant got the same letter this week. I think if in your request you mention you want electronic version it helps as they will post you a CD. Otherwise for those who select paper it takes time to print and post (just my guess). I got mine exactly in a month. Someone mentioned she got hers in 60 days and it was 368 pages (if the application is full family the normal gcms is 250 pages too and CBSA add the forms and schedules you submitted in your application as well). For single person family sponsorship if normal gcms is 50 pages, this may come to 100 pages (although in my case only schedule A was added at the end of gcms). Anyways for those who are ordering now you may select electronic and it may help to keep the processing time 30 day.

sohrab.shery

Jun 29, 2017
Hi friends
I applied under spouse sponsorship class and my application was submitted to CIC on June 20, 2016. unfortunately at the last GCSM NOTE
Eligibility passed
Security nothing
Criminality not started
Medical passed
I am so confused why my eligibility passed but my criminality doesnot start
Plz help me:confused:

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Hi friends
I applied under spouse sponsorship class and my application was submitted to CIC on June 20, 2016. unfortunately at the last GCSM NOTE
Eligibility passed
Security nothing
Criminality not started
Medical passed

Hi Sohrab
if I were you I would not be worried about what they say in their notes , 1 know so many people like you and me who applied before june and everyone is still waiting, we are all stock in security . so relax we are all in a same hole.

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
16 Months passed and still waiting! Does anyone know what is the max time they can take for Security Check?

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
16 Months passed and still waiting! Does anyone know what is the max time they can take for Security Check?
There is no time frame for security check! We are all stuck in CBSA which is currently a messed up organization! All we can do is to contact our MPs and ask them to pressure CBSA as much as they can or else it looks like this process is going to last for years!

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hi friends
Eligibility passed
Security nothing
Criminality not started
Medical passed

Hi Sohrab
Your case is most probably in CBSA now. I assume your wife is the sponsor. I think you should ask her to contact her MP( Member of Parliament) and ask them to follow it up for you with CBSA.

sohrab.shery

Jun 29, 2017
Hi Sohrab
Your case is most probably in CBSA now. I assume your wife is the sponsor. I think you should ask her to contact her MP( Member of Parliament) and ask them to follow it up for you with CBSA.
Hello,I am shery and my husband is sponser,we contacted to our MP but he didn't do any thing.

SMirio

Feb 25, 2017
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2016
Med's Done....
Upfront - April 24, 2016
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
There is no time frame for security check! We are all stuck in CBSA which is currently a messed up organization! All we can do is to contact our MPs and ask them to pressure CBSA as much as they can or else it looks like this process is going to last for years!
I contact my MP every week! First of all I never get to speak to MP directly, and it's always his Representative who is in charge of immigration follow ups talk to me. All he does is to get a status update and nothing else. He says non of them have power to make anything happen but only to find out where the case is standing (the status).
So as you said sadly all we can do is to wait.
I read somewhere that comprehensive security screening takes somewhere between 10-18 months. I am not sure how accurate that is. That means if our security has started in October 2016, it is only 11 months so far.

sohrab.shery

Jun 29, 2017
I contact my MP every week! First of all I never get to speak to MP directly, and it's always his Representative who is in charge of immigration follow ups talk to me. All he does is to get a status update and nothing else. He says non of them have power to make anything happen but only to find out where the case is standing (the status).
I read somewhere that comprehensive security screening takes somewhere between 10-18 months. I am not sure how accurate that is. That means if our security has started in October 2016, it is only 11 months so far.
We have a group of persian peole like us that want to make a petition for parliament of canada about spouse sponsership process that take more than one year or even three years while the file is stuck in security screening .I hope that it helps us

Reactions: SMirio

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet

We also regularly contact our MP and as you said we can also talk only with his assistant. As far as I know a few days later, the parliament is going to be open again and then the MPs can talk about our problem. They can even summon the ministers or managers to the parliament and ask them to explain why they don't do their job efficiently. So the MPs may be able to do something for us. So please stay in touch with them and keep asking them to do something. Especially if the sponsor is a citizen of Canada they can pressure the MPs even more to do something.

Reactions: SMirio

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi friends
Eligibility passed
Security nothing
Criminality not started
Medical passed

Please add these dates to your forum profile so that we can look at them all the time

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
so for those who are like me waiting for the spouse to come to Canada, you guys know I started the process in & june 2016 and yesterday my MP told me that my husbands Medical has been extended till August 2018, also our security started in December 2016 which means that we have been waiting already the 9 months and when you look at the medical extension you realize that by august 2018 we would complete the 19 months wait for CBSA. so its pretty much possible that we may have to wait for another year or so. its so disappointing :(

Reactions: strength2

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
so for those who are like me waiting for the spouse to come to Canada, you guys know I started the process in & june 2016 and yesterday my MP told me that my husbands Medical has been extended till August 2018, also our security started in December 2016 which means that we have been waiting already the 9 months and when you look at the medical extension you realize that by august 2018 we would complete the 19 months wait for CBSA. so its pretty much possible that we may have to wait for another year or so. its so disappointing :(
Good news, thank you for letting us know!
PPR doesn't rely on medical expiry date at all, and they almost always extend it exactly for a year (if they decide to extend).