+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

Sara Joon

Star Member
Feb 10, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
Doc's Request.
25-10-2016
AOR Received.
25-06-2016
File Transfer...
02-08-2016
Med's Request
Upfront

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hey guys
I was looking at different websites trying to get information about the immigration and security checks and I found this:
If necessary, a complaint may be lodged to the responsible government agency through established procedure. If the CIC is responsible for the delay and all correspondence and requests are ignored, the last resort will be an application to the Federal Court of Canada for a writ of mandamus, compelling the CIC to make a decision on the application without unjustified delay.

And this is what "a writ of mandamus" means: An order from a court to an inferior government official ordering the government official to properly fulfill their official duties or correct an abuse of discretion.

I found this on some I guess lawyer's website and here's the link:
http://www.jefflilaw.com/blog/2011/09/07/my-application-for-permanent-residency-is-taking-very-long-time-and-cic-will-not-tell-me-the-reason-for-the-delay-what-can-i-do/

I hope all of us get that damn PPR email soon otherwise taking CIC to court seems to be our last resort!

Last edited:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I spoke to several of my lawyer colleagues concerning your case. We agreed that perhaps a way to go is to write a letter from a law office (like Pace Law) and threaten to go to the Federal Court if they do not respond in a timely fashion. We can do that if you like , the cost is around $200 plus HST. We have had some limited success in the past but no guarantees.

Problem is that if you want to take it to the Federal Court of Canada the legal cost are around $7000 so you have to be sure you want to go to the next step.

Your call.

Regards

Klaudios

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Right now I think CBSA is where our file is stuck. so no point to take IRCC to court because they will say it is CBSA fault. Lets see what the CBSA-atip report will disclose.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Right now I think CBSA is where our file is stuck. so no point to take IRCC to court because they will say it is CBSA fault. Lets see what the CBSA-atip report will disclose.
I absolutely agree! As I said this is the last resort.

sebishh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Hi guys! My file was transferred to Ankara on 3 August. Is there any ideas how long will it take to hear good news? I am from Turkey and i am PA.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
I just found a performance audit carried out by auditor general of Canada. This report is about protecting the health and safety of Canadians and maintaining the security of Canadian society” which was jointly administered by the two primary entities involved in admissibility decisions—CIC and the CBSA.
The most horrible and disgusting part of the report which shocked me was about the timeliness of security screening:

2.51 Timeliness of security screening. We also examined whether the results of the CBSA’s security screening provided to Canada-based officers are timely. We found that, for the most part, the Agency responded in a timely manner for temporary residence cases.

2.52 The temporary residence screening manual indicates that the CBSA will reply to a visa officer’s referral within 10 working days. Our file review showed that the CBSA responded to the missions within 10 working days in 80 percent of the cases. However, we found that in at least 25 percent of those cases, it had not waited for CSIS input before providing the security screening results. Therefore, the results provided to Canada-based officers did not include the CSIS review. This occurred because the CBSA’s data system automatically sends a response to the missions after 10 days, unless an analyst has put a hold on the file. We were told, however, that if a concern is identified by CSIS after 10 days, the CBSA would notify the mission to stop the visa issuance. Nevertheless, the current practice allows for the exclusion of potentially important information due to the possibility that CSIS is unable to provide a response within 10 working days.

2.53 For permanent residence cases, we noted that there was a formal agreement on service standards in the 2006 memorandum of understanding between CIC and the CBSA, which stated that advice will be provided to visa officers within 9 to 18 months. Through our file review, we found that the CBSA had completed its analysis in less than 9 months in 67 percent of the cases and exceeded 18 months in 19 percent of the cases.

2.54 We also reviewed a sample of 10 percent of the 72 permanent residence cases analyzed by the CBSA after CSIS had completed its review for national security concerns. In the cases we examined, we found that CSIS took an average of 34 months to provide its results to the CBSA when there was information requiring further investigation. We noted that the CBSA concurred with the advice provided by CSIS but, on average, it took an additional 9 months to send the advice to the visa officer without adding specific details about the individual.

2.55 In responding to our survey, 46 percent of the Canada-based officers indicated they were concerned with the length of time it can take to obtain information or advice from security partners. The CBSA has recognized that timeliness is a concern and, at the end of our audit, had initiated measures to improve the timeliness of its screening.

The time frames in this report are disastrous and cruel! Especially the part that says CBSA exceeded 18 months in 19 percent of the cases! What if we are one of those falling in the 19 percent category?!!!

However there are two points about this report which still make me feel a bit hopeful:
1- It was conducted in 2010 and is not up to date.
2- Somewhere else it says the security screening was provided to Canada based officers which implies it might have been for in land applications.

Here's the link to the report if anyone needs more details:
http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/english/parl_oag_201111_02_e_35934.html

Reactions: strength2

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
Hi guys! My file was transferred to Ankara on 3 August. Is there any ideas how long will it take to hear good news? I am from Turkey and i am PA.
Hi
Welcome to this thread
If you are lucky you will get your visa within a few months, otherwise there is no specific time frame and it might take many months even years!

Reactions: sebishh

sebishh

Star Member
Jun 3, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
15-06-2017
Hi
Welcome to this thread
If you are lucky you will get your visa within a few months, otherwise there is no specific time frame and it might take many months even years!
Thanks for your reply. Waiting is our job I hope everyone hears good news soon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I stumbled upon this thread and felt the need to comment. Although I empathize with you all that being separated from spouses is very difficult you were all aware that by marrying someone without status in Canada you would have to go through this process. I think it is a bit ridiculous to talk about suing the government or taking some form of action because you feel unfairly targeted.. Luckily you have the option of sponsoring your spouses and they will have access in the future to full citizenship. That is not the case in many countries.

Khosro1380

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
28 Sep. 2016
File Transfer...
November 2016
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
31 Oct. 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
I stumbled upon this thread and felt the need to comment. Although I empathize with you all that being separated from spouses is very difficult you were all aware that by marrying someone without status in Canada you would have to go through this process. I think it is a bit ridiculous to talk about suing the government or taking some form of action because you feel unfairly targeted.. Luckily you have the option of sponsoring your spouses and they will have access in the future to full citizenship. That is not the case in many countries.
Thanks for your comment.
As you said we all knew that marrying someone without having a status in Canada meant we would have to wait for that kind of status for a while. According to CIC's website the wait time for applicants from Iran is 8 months( For those who had applied before Dec. 2016) and it's totally understandable if it takes a bit longer, let's say 10 months or a year but I don't think it's fair if this process takes as longs as 15 months or more for many of us(not me yet!) or more than 2 years for a few others and we still don't know where we are standing!
And just for your information, Iran gives immediate citizenship to any woman who marries an Iranian man but it takes forever for Canada to give us even residency! And most of the people on this forum( At least those from my country) are well educated and pretty well off in their own countries while they have to struggle for a pretty long time in Canada to have the same kind of life and welfare that they have in their own countries.

Reactions: strength2

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yet again you are making a choice to marry someone who will need to immigrate. As you pointed out you could have immediately settled in Iran. There are good reasons why settling in Canada is usually preferable. Did I say anything about a not being educated? I think the Persian population is known to be very well educated especially the younger generation. Many others wait even longer or are waiting while not being in a safe or comfortable environment. Before talking about suing people or bringing up auditor general reports it is important have a bit of perspective.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Yet again you are making a choice to marry someone who will need to immigrate. As you pointed out you could have immediately settled in Iran. There are good reasons why settling in Canada is usually preferable. Did I say anything about a not being educated? I think the Persian population is known to be very well educated especially the younger generation. Many others wait even longer or are waiting while not being in a safe or comfortable environment. Before talking about suing people or bringing up auditor general reports it is important have a bit of perspective.
The problem i have is Canada needs my experties and there is a huge penalty if i want to leave the Canadian company i work for to go to my spouse. They put that in my work contract because they dont want to loose me. And you see others are expanding their family with welfair which comes from your tax and you are passing the age you can bring healthy children. Please think before you post. Look at other countries like usa, austraulia, uk, etc. This is a really - point for Canada.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
There is currently an applicant who took Ankara to court and I didnt see anything wrong with it. He has all the proofs that the visa officer made a wrong jaudgement.