+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ankara Visa Office Applicants Check in here! :)

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I'm happy for you and everybody else who gets their visas but I'm sick of all the stupidity which is going on in Ankara or CSIS! This is not fair! I have been a quiet person in my whole life and have not done anything wrong and don't understand why the hell I should be stuck in security check for more than 6 months! My wife and I are both under a lot of mental pressure and our life is falling apart because of this stupid visa and nobody seems to care!
CSIS is pretty organized and they finished our immigration security screening in 90 days. All delays come from IRCC. And I don't understand what does Other Government Department (OGD), foreign agencies, private agents, etc mean after CSIS report?!!!! How could CSIS (the top Canadian security government department) complete its report before getting the reports from others (i.e. OGD, foreign agencies, etc)?!!!!!!!!! I wish someone was answering this question but I emailed my CSIS report to them and no answer. In the auto reply it says We will contact you if and when necessary and thank you for your patience. How much patient a newly married couple can be? 28 months, 16 months, etc we have people waiting patiently and nothing is coming out of IRCC, not even a meaningful explanation.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ahmelina23

Ahmelina23

Sep 7, 2016
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 1, 2016
File Transfer...
August 2, 2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Dec. 15, 2016 (passed)
Passport Req..
Feb. 5, 2018
LANDED..........
March 6, 2018
CSIS is pretty organized and they finished our immigration security screening in 90 days. All delays come from IRCC. And I don't understand what does Other Government Department (OGD), foreign agencies, private agents, etc mean after CSIS report?!!!! How could CSIS (the top Canadian security government department) complete its report before getting the reports from others (i.e. OGD, foreign agencies, etc)?!!!!!!!!! I wish someone was answering this question but I emailed my CSIS report to them and no answer. In the auto reply it says We will contact you if and when necessary and thank you for your patience. How much patient a newly married couple can be? 28 months, 16 months, etc we have people waiting patiently and nothing is coming out of IRCC, not even a meaningful explanation.
I agree! I don't understand how come 'Other' agencies might be more important than CSIS?!
The only thing that might be postponing the process is that one of the officers noticed something unclear in CSIS's report and they decided to do their own additional research or comparison.

15th month of waiting will begin in August...it's just sad and extremely unfair to keep us apart from our spouses for that long :(
I still firmly believe that PPR will arrive this summer InshaAllah!

Reactions: strength2

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
I agree! I don't understand how come 'Other' agencies might be more important than CSIS?!
The only thing that might be postponing the process is that one of the officers noticed something unclear in CSIS's report and they decided to do their own additional research or comparison.

15th month of waiting will begin in August...it's just sad and extremely unfair to keep us apart from our spouses for that long :(
I still firmly believe that PPR will arrive this summer InshaAllah!
Then CSIS finished in 3 months, they should have finished in another extra three months. Now it is 7 months since it was first sent to CSIS.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
It's all just excuse and bureaucracy. CSIS completed their security check, right now Ankara v/o have to show to the government that they are working hard.
Just a few months ago processing time for Georgia if you applied before December 7, 2016 was 15 months.I recently check the processing time and now it is 16 months. I guess when you get closer to that dead line, the processing time gets longer. Even third world countries don't have such bureaucracy, like Canada. Big disappointment. But no-one is greater than God.

Reactions: strength2

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Another sponsor from this thread got the CSIS status report today. Her husband was in security screening with CSIS from 29 June to 24 Nov 2017 (153 days). His file must be at CBSA now for 8 months and 13 months in security so far.

Last edited:

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Legal Falcon says
CBSA has the exclusive authority to make recommendations on issues of immigration related violations, verification of travel and identity documents, and any criminal conviction or investigation against the applicant which happened outside Canada.

Our spouse never violated immigration or travelled illegally or hold an illegal documents or convicted criminal conviction, etc

googler

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Hi. I just came across this thread and reading that so many Iranian applicants are waiting for such long time made me so upset. I will be sponsoring my fiance by January 2018 and it made me concerned about the long waiting times reported here. Given that there's an average wait time of 12 months for the visa to be issued, has any of you ever applied for a visitor visa during that time? What are the chances of getting a visa in this case?

On a side note, I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that security checks will take longer if the person has done military service in IRGC or has a name similar to those listed on international and national sanction lists against Iran. Could that be a possible explanation for the elongated security checks?

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Hi. I just came across this thread and reading that so many Iranian applicants are waiting for such long time made me so upset. I will be sponsoring my fiance by January 2018 and it made me concerned about the long waiting times reported here. Given that there's an average wait time of 12 months for the visa to be issued, has any of you ever applied for a visitor visa during that time? What are the chances of getting a visa in this case?

On a side note, I remember reading somewhere a few years ago that security checks will take longer if the person has done military service in IRGC or has a name similar to those listed on international and national sanction lists against Iran. Could that be a possible explanation for the elongated security checks?
Are you sponsoring a wife or husband? We are people waiting from Iran, Azerbaijan, Gorgia, Turkamanestan, etc but since Iranian immigrant numbers are larger in general we maybe 1 from Gorgia, 30 from Iran, etc for example. about 20% are selected for intensive security screening and the file is sent to CSIs, CBSA, etc. We have both men and women applicant, men attended military or not, people with lots of travel history or no history at all.It is hard to tell what is the basis. If you are not selected for this there are Iranains getting spouse PR in 3 months. All visitor visas were rejected except one.

You may read some examples from here:

https://www.facebook.com/Spouse-sponsorship-living-outside-Canada-264889010585159/

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
July is over :). I just want all the months to be over and see the end.

googler

Star Member
Nov 1, 2012
Are you sponsoring a wife or husband? We are people waiting from Iran, Azerbaijan, Gorgia, Turkamanestan, etc but since Iranian immigrant numbers are larger in general we maybe 1 from Gorgia, 30 from Iran, etc for example. about 20% are selected for intensive security screening and the file is sent to CSIs, CBSA, etc. We have both men and women applicant, men attended military or not, people with lots of travel history or no history at all.It is hard to tell what is the basis. If you are not selected for this there are Iranains getting spouse PR in 3 months. All visitor visas were rejected except one.

You may read some examples from here:

https://www.facebook.com/Spouse-sponsorship-living-outside-Canada-264889010585159/
Thanks. I will be sponsoring a wife who lives in Iran now. Does it make a difference if one is sponsoring a wife or a husband?
Also, I checked the document checklist for the visa application and they asked for proof of communication during the relationship. Does it mean we have to translate our Telegram and Whatsapp chats?!

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
Thanks. I will be sponsoring a wife who lives in Iran now. Does it make a difference if one is sponsoring a wife or a husband?
Also, I checked the document checklist for the visa application and they asked for proof of communication during the relationship. Does it mean we have to translate our Telegram and Whatsapp chats?!
wife case is generally easier. There are 5/30 wives stocked and the rest husbands. Some wives are getting PR in 3 months these days.
Yes you have to translate 20 pages or so. We translated ourselves but there is a debate in the new application weather to transfer officially or not. You may join the telegram group called "Mohajerat khishavandi in Persian letters" for more information about application.

manitobagirl

Star Member
Nov 22, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
January 8,2018
Doc's Request.
PCC 27-02-2018
AOR Received.
27-02-2018
File Transfer...
22-03-2018
Med's Request
09-03-2018
Med's Done....
29-03-2018 pass
Interview........
17-05-2018
Passport Req..
same day of the interview
VISA ISSUED...
17-05-2018
LANDED..........
23-06-2018
wife case is generally easier. There are 5/30 wives stocked and the rest husbands. Some wives are getting PR in 3 months these days.
Yes you have to translate 20 pages or so. We translated ourselves but there is a debate in the new application weather to transfer officially or not. You may join the telegram group called "Mohajerat khishavandi in Persian letters" for more information about application.
Myself and my husband did not translate our communication. I attached 100 pages from mesanger and they were satisfied. They want to see proof of communication.

aylar10

Jun 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2016
AOR Received.
21-09-2016
File Transfer...
27-09-2016 (SA)
Med's Done....
30-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-10-2016
LANDED..........
10-11-2016
No, you don't have to translate your communications. My husband and I had used, Viber, Line, Telegram and email since 2011 and it was all in Farsi. I imported all the Viber communications to excel sheet, did the same with Line but in a word document (this showed our phone conversations too since it was the only tool we were using to call each other). I PDFed the Telegram communications but I only used 3 or 4 days for each month which was approximately for 9 month. I put a note that the rest of the communication is available and I can send it to them if they request. I also searched his name in my email inbox and got the list of all the emails we had sent to each other. I printed those pages and 4,5 emails as examples. My package was quite heavy when I mailed it to Mississauga (+5KG). When I ordered my GMCS notes, the officer had mentioned that we had lots of communication proofs and he was satisfied. I don't think, you should go through the hassle of translating them.. They just want to see you are in touch regularly with each other.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
No, you don't have to translate your communications. My husband and I had used, Viber, Line, Telegram and email since 2011 and it was all in Farsi. I imported all the Viber communications to excel sheet, did the same with Line but in a word document (this showed our phone conversations too since it was the only tool we were using to call each other). I PDFed the Telegram communications but I only used 3 or 4 days for each month which was approximately for 9 month. I put a note that the rest of the communication is available and I can send it to them if they request. I also searched his name in my email inbox and got the list of all the emails we had sent to each other. I printed those pages and 4,5 emails as examples. My package was quite heavy when I mailed it to Mississauga (+5KG). When I ordered my GMCS notes, the officer had mentioned that we had lots of communication proofs and he was satisfied. I don't think, you should go through the hassle of translating them.. They just want to see you are in touch regularly with each other.
Hi Aylar. Good to see you here. Thanks for following us. The new instruction is different. He should read the guide and the new check list. It asks for translation.

strength2

Jul 5, 2016
App. Filed.......
23-05-2019 (recieved)
Doc's Request.
06-12-2019 (biometric)
Med's Done....
30-01-2020
14 months of waiting :(