+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Ammendment of Study Permit (Work permit)

Stein240

Mar 30, 2014
Hey,

so i got my study permit before June 1st 2014. And therefore my workpermit wasn't included which means that I had to apply for an Amendment. I did it and on the website it says: Processing Time: 1 Month.
They reveived my application on March 9, and now i am kinda confused because the summer break already started and i sent my originial study permit to them which means i can't travel without it. Furthermore I don't know how to contact cic.

Can anyone please help me? Which number should i call...

thank u so much

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Stein240 said:
Hey,

so i got my study permit before June 1st 2014. And therefore my workpermit wasn't included which means that I had to apply for an Amendment. I did it and on the website it says: Processing Time: 1 Month.
They reveived my application on March 9, and now i am kinda confused because the summer break already started and i sent my originial study permit to them which means i can't travel without it. Furthermore I don't know how to contact cic.

Can anyone please help me? Which number should i call...

thank u so much

You did a mistake by sending original SP. Only UCI# is required when applying. And, you need TRV to re-enter Canada.

Stein240

Mar 30, 2014
J5M said:
Hi,

You did a mistake by sending original SP. Only UCI# is required when applying. And, you need TRV to re-enter Canada.
but on the document checklist it says explicit: ORIGINAL STUDY PERMIT

EDIT: Apart from that I don't need a TRV to re- enter. with my passport i am allowed to travel to canada and to stay here for 6 months

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

Stein240 said:
but on the document checklist it says explicit: ORIGINAL STUDY PERMIT

EDIT: Apart from that I don't need a TRV to re- enter. with my passport i am allowed to travel to canada and to stay here for 6 months

I apologize. My mistake.

newcandidate

Star Member
Mar 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi i posted my application for amendment of study permit on 13 May 2015 but haven't yet got a notification on whether they have received my application? Is it normal?