July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 28 2011 / July 29, 2013
rtf57 said:
Dear cknd this form imm1017 must attach in medical request email that u are received plese check email again u need it when go to the doctor
Thank you rtf57 ... I got the form

SARM90

Star Member
Feb 21, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-2-2012
Doc's Request.
20-2-2013
AOR Received.
14-7-2012
File Transfer...
14-7-2012
Med's Done....
15-1-2012 -the 2nd med's on april-2013
Passport Req..
1-July-2013 (Canada Day)
VISA ISSUED...
22-Jul-2013 thank u jesus
LANDED..........
inshallah soon
mohammedm123 said:
Okk good,my wife too she's coming on August 1st :D
goood mee toooo hhhhh but i booked with turkish airline :D :D :D :D

samaseemo

Star Member
Feb 15, 2012
roro2012 said:
1000000000000000 .mabroook smaseemo wish you all the best alhamdililah ya rab.so you redid the x-ray only ?
thanks roro inshallah you will get the ppr soon. my wife redid the medical. they did blood tests and everything. the medical center in jordan uses emedical so it takes a week for ecas to get updated.

KhalidIraq said:
Congratulations!
Really happy for you!
hamdillah! thanks ! things are getting better for everyone here. inshallah everyone here will be reunited with their loved one.

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
anjun said:
what is the time frame on background security checks? anyone know?
Hi Anjun,
security checks are different for everyone...I've heard an average of 3-4 months... but for some people its done in 2 months... for us its been more than 7 months the embassy has been telling us they are waiting for the security results (my husband works with the security forces, I don;t know if that a delaying factor).

Lana2013

Jun 28, 2013
Hi everyone,

My spouse's second medical tests expire in October 2013... I'm wondering if its possible that we may be asked to redo a third medical? Has anyone ever run into this situation or heard of a case where they've done 3 medicals??
Our file is still in process and all we are told by the embassy is to be patient....

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
So my wife has to redo her medical. She's been calling the numbers provided on the website for panel physicians in Iraq ((964) 7817 945 794/ 7702 503 459) for the last 2 days and haven't gotten a hold of anyone. she says its as if the lines is disconnected.... does anyone know any other numbers or anywhere else she can contact to get this done ?

Thank you for your time

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
1st med-Dec 2011/ 2nd med-May 26 2013
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
CKnD said:
So my wife has to redo her medical. She's been calling the numbers provided on the website for panel physicians in Iraq ((964) 7817 945 794/ 7702 503 459) for the last 2 days and haven't gotten a hold of anyone. she says its as if the lines is disconnected.... does anyone know any other numbers or anywhere else she can contact to get this done ?

Thank you for your time
hi cknd, good news they asked for the redo. inshallah it'll end soon for you.

My husband had the same issue but he just kept calling. i think by the 3rd or 4th day he got a hold of them. tell your wife to keep calling. if shes in baghdad, maybe she can go in person.

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Thanks I.kat

I told her to keep trying for a few more days, and if she doesnt get anyone by the end of the week to go there in person.

Inshallah it'll get done.

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
CKnD said:
Thanks I.kat

I told her to keep trying for a few more days, and if she doesnt get anyone by the end of the week to go there in person.

Inshallah it'll get done.

Inshallah they will answer. Good luck

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2013; Second Meds Done: 30-11-2014
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello everyone.

I am a Canadian citizen and I want to sponsor my husband who is in Iraq. We want the fastest way possible for him to be here with me because I need to start university as soon as possible. I know we have a few options, I'm just not sure which one would be best for us. My husband is working in the Iraqi military and he has not completed his education. He doesn't have a diploma, degree, or certificate of any kind. A few options I had in mind are:

1. If it is possible to get him a work permit, even though he does not have much education, we could bring him into Canada with a work permit and then apply for spouse sponsorship inland. He could then extend his work permit or get an open work permit. But I'm not sure if there's any kind of work permit he could get with his education level? Does anyone know if there is any way he can get into Canada for work in his situation?

2. We could get him a tourist visa and then apply for sponsorship inland. I understand that to get a visitor visa, we need to convince officers that he has a reason to go back at the end of his stay and will do so. I thought we could say that he has his job back at home, which is in the military, but then I was told that it wouldn't be a good idea to do that because he will be denied entry or PR or something. I got very confused because I asked a few people about this and I was told he would be denied, but I'm not sure what or how or why... He would be in Canada as a visitor and then we apply for sponsorship and then couldn't he just extend his visa?

3. Another idea would be to start the sponsorship outland (in Amman) and then get him a visitor visa? I talked to a lawyer and he said that we could do that and say that he wants to come visit me (his wife) for Eid and his reason to go back would be the military, but then other people told me this wasn't a good idea either... that when he is given his PR, he would have to go back to Amman to receive and also for the interview if there is one.

4. Our very last option would be to do the sponsorship in Amman and just wait and come back together. This is not going to work very well for us, even though it seems to be the easiest way, because I need to be back again by September 2014 for university.

More information: I don't have money in a bank account, nor do I have a bank account right now. I have never done any tax papers or anything like that as I am 19 now and I only got a job a couple days ago. Does any of this matter?

Any input or advice as to what to do would be great because we are completely lost in all this!

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
athraa.abb said:
Hello everyone.

I am a Canadian citizen and I want to sponsor my husband who is in Iraq. We want the fastest way possible for him to be here with me because I need to start university as soon as possible. I know we have a few options, I'm just not sure which one would be best for us. My husband is working in the Iraqi military and he has not completed his education. He doesn't have a diploma, degree, or certificate of any kind. A few options I had in mind are:

1. If it is possible to get him a work permit, even though he does not have much education, we could bring him into Canada with a work permit and then apply for spouse sponsorship inland. He could then extend his work permit or get an open work permit. But I'm not sure if there's any kind of work permit he could get with his education level? Does anyone know if there is any way he can get into Canada for work in his situation?

2. We could get him a tourist visa and then apply for sponsorship inland. I understand that to get a visitor visa, we need to convince officers that he has a reason to go back at the end of his stay and will do so. I thought we could say that he has his job back at home, which is in the military, but then I was told that it wouldn't be a good idea to do that because he will be denied entry or PR or something. I got very confused because I asked a few people about this and I was told he would be denied, but I'm not sure what or how or why... He would be in Canada as a visitor and then we apply for sponsorship and then couldn't he just extend his visa?

3. Another idea would be to start the sponsorship outland (in Amman) and then get him a visitor visa? I talked to a lawyer and he said that we could do that and say that he wants to come visit me (his wife) for Eid and his reason to go back would be the military, but then other people told me this wasn't a good idea either... that when he is given his PR, he would have to go back to Amman to receive and also for the interview if there is one.

4. Our very last option would be to do the sponsorship in Amman and just wait and come back together. This is not going to work very well for us, even though it seems to be the easiest way, because I need to be back again by September 2014 for university.

More information: I don't have money in a bank account, nor do I have a bank account right now. I have never done any tax papers or anything like that as I am 19 now and I only got a job a couple days ago. Does any of this matter?

Any input or advice as to what to do would be great because we are completely lost in all this!
Please, can anyone give me any input on this asap!

abdmoh

Star Member
Jun 10, 2011
Halifax
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
File Transfer...
04-07-2011
Med's Done....
Re-done 15-04-2012
Passport Req..
14-10-2012
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2012
Dont wast time. Start the sponsorship application from Amman ASAP, thats the most guaranteed option. Make sure that u do a complete application and provide all the required documents. failing to do that will cost you more time.

You could visit him in Amman from time to time, staying there all the time in Amman will require you to proof that you are going back to canada after he gets the PR.

If you dont have a good job for him that is required in the Canadian job market, and that convince the immigration officer when he apply for a work visa, then avoid this option.

U need good money and convincing skills to get the tourist visa. If the office knows that he is married to a canadian citizen he will reject the application.

I passed through this experience. its not easy to wait 2 years, but it will be over oneday

athraa.abb said:
Hello everyone.

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
That is probably the best way for us to go. It's just that we don't want to spend a long time far from one another. I couldn't keep going back and forth because that needs too much money.

But I was thinking when I apply for university in a couple months to start for next year, I could take that with me back to Iraq and send it to them for proof that I will be living in Canada the following year. I might have to come back to Canada without him because the PR might not be issued by then, but it will have to do, I guess.

Does his job in the army affect our sponsorship at all?

abdmoh said:
Dont wast time. Start the sponsorship application from Amman ASAP, thats the most guaranteed option. Make sure that u do a complete application and provide all the required documents. failing to do that will cost you more time.

You could visit him in Amman from time to time, staying there all the time in Amman will require you to proof that you are going back to canada after he gets the PR.

If you dont have a good job for him that is required in the Canadian job market, and that convince the immigration officer when he apply for a work visa, then avoid this option.

U need good money and convincing skills to get the tourist visa. If the office knows that he is married to a canadian citizen he will reject the application.

I passed through this experience. its not easy to wait 2 years, but it will be over oneday

CKnD

Jun 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Apr 16 2012
AOR Received.
July 25 2012
File Transfer...
July 25 2012
Med's Request
2nd Med July 24, 2013
Med's Done....
Currently the processing time says 20 months ... but from what I'v been seeing and hearing .. it's closer to 13 -14. So by the time you finish your 1st year of University, inshallah your husband will be here

Best of luck to you

I.kat

Jul 5, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 3, 2012
File Transfer...
July 3, 2012
Med's Request
May 22, 2013
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
January 18 2014
athraa.abb said:
Please, can anyone give me any input on this asap!
I totally agree with abdmoh. I honestly think you should just start with the sponsorship asap. You could use this time getting your application ready. Looking for the fastest way isnt going to help as a lot of us tried that many times and failed. We all just ended up sending applications to sponsor our spouses from Amman.

I dont know much about the work permit or visitor but if you havent heard, the foreign services are on strike and its only getting worse. I believe the inland applications are affected. So if you do want the work permit or whatever, you will be affected by the strike. Please correct me if anyone thinks im wrong. Amman isnt being affected by it, at least so far.

If you do decide to go with the outland sponsorship from Amman, make sure you provide as much proof that your relationship is genuine and dont leave any gaps to avoid delays.

i dont think the fact hes in the military is an issue but with the securitt check it might take longer. This might not be true in your case because everyones case is different.

We ALL had to wait and none of us can expedite the process. So my advice just stop wasting anymore time and get started with your application. You need all this time and before the strike gets any worse.

We are all here to help so if you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask. Good luck