+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Amazing Timeline

wissamd

Sep 14, 2009
I applied for Citizenship end August 2013 . They just notified me that my test will take place early April 2014 in Montreal .
Is this normal or what ? Always I was reading here it was taking 12-15 month but only took me 7 months .

Does anyone know if the swearing ceremony takes place same day as test of after many weeks or months ?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
my timeline is oct 2013 - mar 2014. it depends on the local office. some like windsor and mississauga are extremely fast. oath isn't on same day in montreal.

Goldline

Mar 16, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wissamd said:
I applied for Citizenship end August 2013 . They just notified me that my test will take place early April 2014 in Montreal .
Is this normal or what ? Always I was reading here it was taking 12-15 month but only took me 7 months .

Does anyone know if the swearing ceremony takes place same day as test of after many weeks or months ?
Congratulations !
Please shed some light on your case. How many days accumulated? any exits? any unemployed periods....

wissamd

Sep 14, 2009
I stayed for almost 1100 days non stop from summer 2010 to summer 2013 . I have couple of small exits to USA but that was before the non stop stay .

Self employed the whole time running my own small business - Single applicant .

lifesocoool

Feb 20, 2014
Nothing personal.. but it is really messed up how cities like Mississauga and Scarborough process application sooner than cities like Hamilton and some cases Ottawa. I drive to Mississauga back and forth everyday from Hamilton to work, city which is so out of control in so many areas manage to process application sooner than cities which are outside of GTA. Isn't this all encouraging immigrants to settle only these areas and making Mississauga and Scarborough even more out of control.... as I said nothing personal but immigration Canada seems like not doing much to encourage people to spread out of overcrowded cities. :mad:

links18

Champion Member
Feb 1, 2006
lifesocoool said:
Nothing personal.. but it really messed up how cities like Mississauga and Scarborough process application sooner than cities like Hamilton and some cases Ottawa. I drive to Mississauga back and forth everyday from Hamilton to work, city which is so out of control in so many areas manage to process application sooner than cities which our outside of GTA. Isn't this all encouraging immigrants to settle only these areas and making Mississauga and Scarborough even more out of control.... as I said nothing personal but immigration Canada seems like not doing much to encourage people to spread out of overcrowded cities. :mad:
Try Winnipeg. Not so crowded, but it takes over two years to the test in many cases. Absolutely unacceptable, but nobody cares to do anything about it.

vic48912

Star Member
Nov 30, 2007
links18 said:
Try Winnipeg. Not so crowded, but it takes over two years to the test in many cases. Absolutely unacceptable, but nobody cares to do anything about it.
No body want to use the word quota system!!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lifesocoool said:
Nothing personal.. but it really messed up how cities like Mississauga and Scarborough process application sooner than cities like Hamilton and some cases Ottawa. I drive to Mississauga back and forth everyday from Hamilton to work, city which is so out of control in so many areas manage to process application sooner than cities which our outside of GTA. Isn't this all encouraging immigrants to settle only these areas and making Mississauga and Scarborough even more out of control.... as I said nothing personal but immigration Canada seems like not doing much to encourage people to spread out of overcrowded cities. :mad:
I agree with you. However, the problem is with segregation. Unless you move all the south east asians, for example, to another area, which is impossible, they will keep gathering in locations where their "own" people are.

lifesocoool

Feb 20, 2014
smaller cities should be getting more staff over urban cities that's how I see it.. I was a provincial Nominee and my application took barely 3 and a half months to finish. Oh well...

lifesocoool

Feb 20, 2014
boasorte said:
I agree with you. However, the problem is with segregation. Unless you move all the south east asians, for example, to another area, which is impossible, they will keep gathering in locations where their "own" people are.
Perhaps the solution is to grant them visitors visas over immigration... ::)