+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible to apply in Buffalo Office with this huge problem?

mjsantos

Oct 5, 2008
I did not say the denied to renew my social security because we do not renew social security cards. My work permission expired and they denied to renew it because they told me I never appeared for the interview for green card. I am not an American citizen, I do not have a green card and I do not have a work permit. However, I have my social security because once they issue it they will never take it away from you. So, I got a job and I pay my taxes like anybody else.

Thanks.

jalbert

Jun 2, 2008
mjsantos said:
I did not say the denied to renew my social security because we do not renew social security cards. My work permission expired and they denied to renew it because they told me I never appeared for the interview for green card. I am not an American citizen, I do not have a green card and I do not have a work permit. However, I have my social security because once they issue it they will never take it away from you. So, I got a job and I pay my taxes like anybody else.

Thanks.
If you are not a US citizen, you do not have a green card and you do not have a work permit, you are illegal. In that case, you can't apply for Canadian permanent residence through Buffalo. You have to apply from a country in which you have legal status, your home country.

unik

Sep 19, 2008
Mjsantos, not everybody understand your situation on the forum , because they are not in the US or not familliar with the immigrant community. I know a lot of people here in the US who has Social security # pay tax , file and receive tax return every year and are illegal.The only thing I can tell you is to contact a lawyer for your case.It is little complicate, but I believe it can be done since they (uscis) granted you work permit for some time.
Good luck, everything is not lost

Bluff Master

Star Member
Feb 12, 2008
Mjsantos ,

As UNIK mentioned, the best thing to do in your situation is to contact a Canadian Immigration Lawyer or a Consultant, as your case is a little complicated.

I am in US and I do understand your situation/ position. My advise to you is consult a lawyer as he can give the best advise which we cannot. You may qualify when points are calculated, but there are other requirements that should be met. I have read many posts in this and other forums where a person who doesnt have any status in US applied for Canadian immigration and was successful.

GOOD LUCK and keep us posted.