+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am I eligible to apply for PR before expiry of my 1 yr work permit ?

amd88

Oct 6, 2012
Hello... I am from India. I want to pursue 1 year PG diploma in Strategic Relationship Marketing Program from George Brown college or PG diploma in International Marketing from Humber college( both include CO-OP) for Sept 2013 intake. I have done BCA and then MBA(marketing). The credential mentioned for this course is Ontario College Graduate Certificate. After completion of this course I would get 1 year work permit.
Am I eligible to apply for PR ?
Kindly help me.

porche

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7 bands
have u applied? whats ur status now....yes chances r there to get PR under PNP bcoz as the course will finish in 8 months n if u start working just aftr dat..u might hve workd for the required hours to be eligible for ANIP...

chippies

Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amd88 said:
Hello... I am from India. I want to pursue 1 year PG diploma in Strategic Relationship Marketing Program from George Brown college or PG diploma in International Marketing from Humber college( both include CO-OP) for Sept 2013 intake. I have done BCA and then MBA(marketing). The credential mentioned for this course is Ontario College Graduate Certificate. After completion of this course I would get 1 year work permit.
Kindly help me.
Yes. Upon completion of your studies-> Upon getting your open work permit for a year-> U could apply under the Canadian Experience Class for the PR purposes once you start working.

Hope that helps!
;)

chippies

Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amd88 said:
Kindly help me.
Porsche is also right about the PNP (Provincial Nominee Programme). It is one of the many other options to gain a PR in Canada. Do research carefully as each province has different criteria for it.

NBD

Oct 30, 2012
Porche / chippies.

i need our guidance also..

i am also going for 1 year diploma course in GBC marketing management-financial services with co-op.
i will get a i year work permit.

i want to ask is than after completing my diploma course and co-op , do i need to apply for the work permit..?

and also wat is PNP & ANIP.

thanks

chippies

Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
NBD said:
Porche / chippies.

i need our guidance also..

i am also going for 1 year diploma course in GBC marketing management-financial services with co-op.
i will get a i year work permit.

i want to ask is than after completing my diploma course and co-op , do i need to apply for the work permit..?

and also wat is PNP & ANIP.

thanks
Yes, you will have to apply for a work permit after you are done with school. *my friend got his within 3 weeks*

PNP is a provincial nominee programme (General term but each province has their own criteria in their PNP)
Canada has different provinces i.e British Columbia, Saskatchewan, Alberta,…etc

This is a programme where the province nominate you to gain a permanent residency. (Depending on whether you fit their given list of criteria, if you do then it's quicker to gain a PR status through a PNP) But usually if you studied here and start working (u can apply under the Canadian Experience Class which is for people who have studied in Canada and worked a year here or could apply while working upon graduation)

AINP is specifically used in ALBERTA for an (Alberta Immigrant Nominee programme)

Oh most importantly! if you plan to apply for a PR under the PNP, do understand they have different rules again. Such as:
The employer must have 5 full time workers + one employer is only allowed to nominate one employee per year etc **
These are subject to change but as of today, those are the infos that stands of today.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
chippies said:
Yes. Upon completion of your studies-> Upon getting your open work permit for a year-> U could apply under the Canadian Experience Class for the PR purposes once you start working.

Hope that helps!
;)
Wrong. You can't apply under Canadian Experience Class until you have completed one full year of full time skilled work experience. If you apply as soon as you're finished school and have a one year work permit - you'll be automatically refused.

NBD

Oct 30, 2012
Thanks scylla,

going for 1 year Post-Graduate diploma programme with co -op and i year work permit after that

Any help can you provide about getting jobs and then eventually getting PR .

my profile is below

I have done my Bcom Hons in Accountancy & Finance (India) 2004 - 2007
Completed my MBA in Finance (India) 2007 - 2009
Having more than 3 years of Experience in the Investment Banking industry with employers like HSBC , CITI, Barclays, have dealt with various financial products and markets.

Thanks

porche

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
punjab
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
IELTS Request
7 bands
chippies said:

Hope that helps!
;)

no chippie..the student cannot be eligible for canadian experience class...aftr stydying for 1 yr..for PR under CEC one has to study for 2 yrs thn hve to do job in the same profession..he/she has done studies

chippies

Nov 2, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
scylla said:
Wrong. You can't apply under Canadian Experience Class until you have completed one full year of full time skilled work experience. If you apply as soon as you're finished school and have a one year work permit - you'll be automatically refused.
To be specific: Under the Canadian Experience Class: 2year full time studies and 1 year work experience (to be exact).
Canadian Experience Class is one of the many ways to gain a PR.
Since you are gonna be studying in a one year course. It's better to try PNP route after your studies.

No matter how you go about your studies as long as it is at least 8 months long. You can get a work permit and get an employer that will be willing to nominate you to get the PR. That route will be called the PNP.

Happy days!