+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Am devastated!

Mrs_Mawuko

Sep 27, 2018
Hi everyone, am a Canadian Citizen I came here when I was 7 years my mom sponsored me here in on 2015 I got married to my husband back in my country Ghana and in 2017 I sponsored my husband to join me. The reason why I didn’t sponsor my husband right away is because to be honest I didn’t know it could be done right away I thought you had to wait X amount of years to show the genuineness of the marriage before applying for him not until I got a lawyer and he explain things to me. Long story short my husband hit decline for the first sponsorship with the reason stating they do not believe the marriage is genuine and also not granting interview and also on the basis’s that my husband has kids. My lawyer wrote a letter to the head office at Ottawa stating the decywas bais bass in the abundant evidence used to determine eligibility. So our documents was sent back to Accra Ghana for a review and another decision to be made by another officer so after about 10 months they called for more evidence. To support our marriage and also the perntage of the kids we sent over 6 pounds of paper documents to support call history moneygram transefer plane ticket receipts pictures and so forth basically an abundance of evidence with a letter from the kids mother an affidavit stating they are no longer together and she is now married and she is the mother of the kids and they both take care of the kids but the kids live with her. So last week Thursday my husband had an interview, he went answers every single question the officer ask for the kids Mom’s cell number my husband gave it willingly the officer step out of the interview room for 10mins came back and told my husband the number you gave me is wrong because when I call is switched off my husband to her the is absolutely the right number but this being Africa the network some times gives trouble anyways the interview was done and within three days the sent a refuse letter stating that the reason for refusal is that she the officer believes that my husband and his kids mother are still together and not separated when they were separated 5 years even before we got married!! Now he has been refused twice at this point we both are very very disappointed and sad is been two years with this filing process and 4 years of marriage apart my heart is broken!! So is his what do I do now? Someone please advice with your best advice. Hmmmmm

BertlCamus

Star Member
Sep 26, 2017
Hi everyone, am a Canadian Citizen I came here when I was 7 years my mom sponsored me here in on 2015 I got married to my husband back in my country Ghana and in 2017 I sponsored my husband to join me. The reason why I didn’t sponsor my husband right away is because to be honest I didn’t know it could be done right away I thought you had to wait X amount of years to show the genuineness of the marriage before applying for him not until I got a lawyer and he explain things to me. Long story short my husband hit decline for the first sponsorship with the reason stating they do not believe the marriage is genuine and also not granting interview and also on the basis’s that my husband has kids. My lawyer wrote a letter to the head office at Ottawa stating the decywas bais bass in the abundant evidence used to determine eligibility. So our documents was sent back to Accra Ghana for a review and another decision to be made by another officer so after about 10 months they called for more evidence. To support our marriage and also the perntage of the kids we sent over 6 pounds of paper documents to support call history moneygram transefer plane ticket receipts pictures and so forth basically an abundance of evidence with a letter from the kids mother an affidavit stating they are no longer together and she is now married and she is the mother of the kids and they both take care of the kids but the kids live with her. So last week Thursday my husband had an interview, he went answers every single question the officer ask for the kids Mom’s cell number my husband gave it willingly the officer step out of the interview room for 10mins came back and told my husband the number you gave me is wrong because when I call is switched off my husband to her the is absolutely the right number but this being Africa the network some times gives trouble anyways the interview was done and within three days the sent a refuse letter stating that the reason for refusal is that she the officer believes that my husband and his kids mother are still together and not separated when they were separated 5 years even before we got married!! Now he has been refused twice at this point we both are very very disappointed and sad is been two years with this filing process and 4 years of marriage apart my heart is broken!! So is his what do I do now? Someone please advice with your best advice. Hmmmmm
I would be interested to learn if there is any specific advice your lawyer is giving you at the moment?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
If you haven't done so already, you should order your GCMS notes to see the detailed refusal reasons.

Mrs_Mawuko

Sep 27, 2018
I would be interested to learn if there is any specific advice your lawyer is giving you at the moment?
Not really she just said we should get the officers note mean wale he sent an email to head office for them to re-look at it because her stated the application was not refuse base on our relationship but base on that the officer couldn’t get a hold of my husband’s ex and also we have

Supercanadian

Star Member
Feb 3, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
05-07-2017
Nomination.....
02-08-2017
AOR Received.
24-10-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
Pre-arrival e-mail: 28-05-2018
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Med's Done....
Done 16-07-2018. Passed 18-07-2018
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-02-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-02-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
If everything else fails (working with your lawyer, etc), consider going back to Ghana to live with him for 1-2 years and sponsoring him from there. Not an easy thing to do I am sure, but...it is what it is.

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
So sad to hear what you have been going thru it is indeed painful to be away from the one you love. Don’t you think that immigration followed up with the baby mother again and what she said made it seem like there still together.
There's a thread here for dedicated to Ghana applicants you may be able to get more advice. Search thread for ghana applicants

Mrs_Mawuko

Sep 27, 2018
So sad to hear what you have been going thru it is indeed painful to be away from the one you love. Don’t you think that immigration followed up with the baby mother again and what she said made it seem like there still together.
There's a thread here for dedicated to Ghana applicants you may be able to get more advice. Search thread for ghana applicants
Thank for your response is need very heart breaking the officer made a decision base on the fact that she couldn’t get a hold of the ex because the ladies phone wasn’t working we tried many times and when we got a hold of her after a couple of days she said she was in the northern region which cause her reception to be very very bad and no calls were coming in. Thank you I will check that thread out.

Mrs_Mawuko

Sep 27, 2018
If everything else fails (working with your lawyer, etc), consider going back to Ghana to live with him for 1-2 years and sponsoring him from there. Not an easy thing to do I am sure, but...it is what it is.
I don’t know if that would even be possible! It will be hard for me to leave my full tome job here as a dental hygienist and leave to stay in Ghana for a year when am back I have to start all over I wouldn’t be able to keep up with my rent Wal living in Ghana and putting my stuff in storage or selling it is just not an option at this point am checking all Chanel’s to see what’s best but thank you for your advice!

Reactions: Supercanadian