+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Almost two months, still haven't heard back.

Hunhun94

Jan 4, 2018
I applied for a TRV Mid November. I applied from Turkey through online application process. Normal wait time is 15days but mine has been well past that. The thing is, I got deported from the US not long ago because of a non criminal reason and the US immigration accepted that it was an accidental situation (overstay). I gave all correct information, provided everything they needed and even got in contact with a bunch of people who got deported from US and still got a reply from Canada. I applied for the intention to spend New year's with my American boyfriend in Toronto but new year's is gone and I still have not heard back. Some say if they were going to refuse, they would have by now and some say if they were gonna accept, they would have by now so I'm plenty confused. Does anyone have any insight? I'm just waiting here desperately waiting to see my partner. He works so he cannot travel the long distance between here and there. I work online so it's usually not a problem with me.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The online processing times are just estimates and it's not at all unusual for processing to take several months. Your application is not straight forward due to the deportation and overstay - so it's not surprising it's taking longer.

The longer processing time doesn't mean your application has been refused or approved - it just means processing is taking longer. Given the overstay and deportation, a refusal is more likely.

There's really nothing you can do but wait and hope for the best.

Ghaith123

Nov 26, 2017
I don't want to devastate you or anything, but due to being deported from the US, you're 95% percent going to get a rejection. Plus new year's eve is already gone, so your chances are even slimmer.

Hunhun94

Jan 4, 2018
I don't want to devastate you or anything, but due to being deported from the US, you're 95% percent going to get a rejection. Plus new year's eve is already gone, so your chances are even slimmer.
Hello, thank you for your response. While I understand that my chances are really slim, I have also been told that if they were going to reject it due to my expedited removal, they would have done it fast. I never worked in the us and my overstay was accidental after immigration officers not issuing me a new i-94 after visiting Mexico by car. I also have found people on other blogs who have been deported from Us and still got a TRV to Canada. My ban is for 5 years and I was sent back from Poe. I declared that in my application along with my cover letter. It certainly would be devastating to get a no after waiting for so long. Overstay in another country is not a reason for inadmissibility for Canada, I read. Also other than the accidental overstay, I have been respectful towards the law in US, never worked and have 100% proof that my family in my country was supporting me while I was in the US. I also lived and studied in the UK for 7 years with no criminal record or overstay so maybe that's a good thing. I am not trying to say you are wrong by the way. I am just trying to stay hopeful that I can see my boyfriend sometime soon. Once my application is finalized, I will let everyone know. I cannot find enough threads on something like this.

Ghaith123

Nov 26, 2017
Hello, thank you for your response. While I understand that my chances are really slim, I have also been told that if they were going to reject it due to my expedited removal, they would have done it fast. I never worked in the us and my overstay was accidental after immigration officers not issuing me a new i-94 after visiting Mexico by car. I also have found people on other blogs who have been deported from Us and still got a TRV to Canada. My ban is for 5 years and I was sent back from Poe. I declared that in my application along with my cover letter. It certainly would be devastating to get a no after waiting for so long. Overstay in another country is not a reason for inadmissibility for Canada, I read. Also other than the accidental overstay, I have been respectful towards the law in US, never worked and have 100% proof that my family in my country was supporting me while I was in the US. I also lived and studied in the UK for 7 years with no criminal record or overstay so maybe that's a good thing. I am not trying to say you are wrong by the way. I am just trying to stay hopeful that I can see my boyfriend sometime soon. Once my application is finalized, I will let everyone know. I cannot find enough threads on something like this.
I understand your situation, and I am sure that you did not intend to overstay. I sincerely hope that you get your visa, hopefully the migration officers would not see your overstaying as a threat to them because obviously you're just going to see your boyfriend and not break the law. Good luck and wish you all the best