Med's Request
28-03-2018
Med's Done....
10-04-2018
Passport Req..
22-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-08-2018
Hi everyone, I’m just wondering if I can get some more info on what the refusal process is like? It’s my understanding that if the officer thinks there’s something wrong with your application, it either gets sent back, or they ask you for more information, or you get called for an interview. But is this always the case? Like has anyone been flat out denied without a chance to fix or update information? Here’s why I’m concerned: my common law partner and I only met when he had one month left on his working holiday visa in Canada and we were so head over heels, I decided to move to Australia to be with him, but couldn’t move right away because of financial reasons so we did long distance for 6 months until I moved in with him in Oz. We’ve been living together 14 months now (total length of relationship is 20 months) and are now applying for the visa so we can move back to Canada because we both love it there. We also have a 9 year age difference and my partner is an avid traveler (having visited over 50 countries, many that would be considered “high risk”), as well as him having a previous criminal conviction for dangerous driving (which he’s already gone through the rehabilitation process for his working holiday visa). He’s also got significantly greater savings than I do and we don’t want it to look like maybe he’s paid me or something to sponsor him to Canada after his working holiday visa expired. Overall, we’re just worried a few of these may cause some red flags and we hope we will get the opportunity to clear them up first before being denied. We have tried to go above and beyond in the initial application to show our relationship as genuine by already providing iMessages, instagram posts, Skype chats, plane tickets together, letters from friends, photos, etc. Hopefully someone could shed some light on the experience of refusal or maybe share an opinion on our circumstances and what our chances of being denied are?

mrs chuahdary

Jul 29, 2017
Please tell me if a visa officer makes a mistake in writing such as years of ages between spouses in official denial letter such as in writing he wrote 20 years as apposed to 17. Could this help in appeal.

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Please tell me if a visa officer makes a mistake in writing such as years of ages between spouses in official denial letter such as in writing he wrote 20 years as apposed to 17. Could this help in appeal.
Unfortunately, no it won't help in any way in appeal. You can argue about that, but what is the difference of been 17 years age gap and 20 years age gap, both are very significant age gap. Also, please do notice, the refusal isn't just based on your big age gap, and VOs usually won't give every single reasons in detail of why your case was denied.

And even you successfully argued this, and the best scenario is the judge may order to reopen your case (Not a WIN), and the VO can still refuse your case on the same ground, but with a correct years of age gap. Are you sure you want that?

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Also, please do notice, the refusal isn't just based on your big age gap, and VOs usually won't give every single reasons in detail of why your case was denied.
Agreed. There is more to it than just age gap. We had what most would consider significant red flags, including a 20 year age gap, different culture and religion, plus many more and we were processed in 6 1/2 months with no interview. There is something more than just age gap that is under scrutiny. You need to order the case notes and find the details the VO finds questionable in order to make a successful appeal.

Reactions: mrs chuahdary

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
There are many instances, where VO intentionally writes incorrect information, but please do not point out any mistake of VO, just focus on addressing all the concerns VO raised, and minister's counsel and VO are same party, though Minisiter's Counsel is purely impartial, yet do not raise any finger at VO. Just address the concerns, swiftly.

mrs chuahdary

Jul 29, 2017
Thank you for your valuable information. Much appreciated. May I ask when showing evidence regarding phone records and Facebook messages will appeal officers accept screen shots from my mobile. But in prints?

Miraclejj

Mar 10, 2017
Thank you for your valuable information. Much appreciated. May I ask when showing evidence regarding phone records and Facebook messages will appeal officers accept screen shots from my mobile. But in prints?
You need to print all your additional evidences out as hard copy.

It IS WELL

Star Member
Aug 12, 2016
Hello everyone
I have ADR coming up on the 22nd of February here in Calgary Alberta for approximately one hour.
Please i would like know if my wife will be contacted for questions as she is in Africa or will the questions be directed only to me? Please your advise on how and ways to win will be appreciated especially if you have gone through same process and win. You can even reach me on 403-437-1524. Thanks

My time line is sent in application to sponsor my wife March 2016, got refused in December 2016 reason marriage not genuine, appealed Feb. 2017, received blue book May 2017 and got email in November 2017 informing us that we are selected for ADR and should appear on the 22nd of February 2018.

Shahzad latif

Sep 7, 2017
Hi I want help from you guys that recently on January 9-2018 I got refusal letter from London visa office now I am going for appeal and my wife sign the letter which is send for appeal so now anyone guide me that what’s are the next step and any lawyer you knows in Regina or Saskatchewan who prepare my case well because my wife lives in Regina I am waiting for your kind suggestions thanks

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Yes all of mine were screen shots. My evidence was required to be send by email in one big document with a table of contents ..under a certain mega bytes.....so I turned the screen shots into jpeg and put them into word document......at the end I turned the whole document into a pdf. But not everyone does email....wait for specific instructions from IAD as to what format they want

VG73

Star Member
Jul 7, 2015
Hongkong
Visa Office......
Hk.
App. Filed.......
1-10-2014
Med's Request
21-08-2017
Med's Done....
28-08-2017
I will advise u don't bother urself calling the number because that number is a different case center. You will only hear information like your file is not with us. And about your MP, just wait and give them some few weeks. Also don't bother logging into ur account because u will get a message if ur account is reopened. I won my appeal November 23, got my allowed letter on December 4th. Called them soo many times and I was told "ur file isn't with us". I even contacted the minister counsel again and she told me everything was sent out on the 4th and I should give them more time. So am still waiting. All I will say to u is to wait as well.

I agree with agi2009 there's nothing we can do to speed up processing our paper . Just hang in there the good thing we know the processing is moving forward

Reactions: msrangi and Agi2009

BilalShaukat89

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
Passport Req..
Soon INSHAH ALLAH
Hi I will send a tons of proof to IAD. On the top of every single page. I will describe what kind of information i am sending and below of that information I will write IAD File number. On the Right side of the bottom of the page. I will mention the page number. Below is an example of sample page. Kindly i need a reply asap so i will start printing the messages and other proof.
Thanks

Messages of 2016
IAD File number:

Page 1

Reactions: Alicee

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Hi I will send a tons of proof to IAD. On the top of every single page. I will describe what kind of information i am sending and below of that information I will write IAD File number. On the Right side of the bottom of the page. I will mention the page number. Below is an example of sample page. Kindly i need a reply asap so i will start printing the messages and other proof.
Thanks

Messages of 2016
IAD File number:

Page 1
As long as you send in organized form with table of contents in one package

Reactions: BilalShaukat89

BilalShaukat89

Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
Passport Req..
Soon INSHAH ALLAH
As long as you send in organized form with table of contents in one package
Thank you so much for humble reply.
My wife is here with me and we took photos with family members and gathering more evidence as well. Will send it soon so i will focus on arrange it in correct way.
Again thanks alot

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Thank you so much for humble reply.
My wife is here with me and we took photos with family members and gathering more evidence as well. Will send it soon so i will focus on arrange it in correct way.
Again thanks alot
The IAD will give you instructions on how to organize evidence and submit it to them . It should be in the package you recieved about a month after appealing .

Getting letters from both your family and friends can be good evidence as well.

Reactions: BilalShaukat89