Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Husband is from Tunisia, VO IS Paris, France
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Hi I am seeking help as I got refusal letter today after intervie. VO said marriage is not genuine as I could not provide more evidence and photographs. I am 5 yrs elder than my husband . and its inter caste marriage . that all made doubts in vo mind Now what should I do feeling helpless and discouraged. Please suggest Thanks
So after you are refused you and your spouse appeal decision.. you have 30 days to do so. Instructions will come with the official refusal letter you you received.
After that you will recieve a 'blue book'......in about 3-4 months....which includes your original application, interview notes and anything the visa officer wrote about you will be in this book. This book will help you understand why the visa officer refused you and will help you prepare evidence....

after the blue book is sent out......the appeal office IAD...will review your file (usually a few months after receiving blue book) and see if you qualify for an
ADR - alternative dispute resolution - its a less formal 1 hour meeting with a visa officer, IAD officer and the Canadian spouse...in which the Canadian spouse presents evidence and is asked a series of questions and advocates why the previous officer made a wrong decision about the relationship....This route is usually faster, however, only certain cases are selected for this route. If the IAD officer thinks the case can be resolved without having to go to court they will take this route. If you are selected for an ADR but do not win...you can choose to go to a full hearing.

I was selected for ADR....my timeline as follows

Appeal decision December 2016
I received blue book April 2017.
I sent in evidence and requested and ADR May 2017
In august 2017 i got a phone call and was given an ADR date of September 25th 2017.
I sent in more evidence september 10th.
September 20th i received a phone call from the officer who would be questioning me at ADR as she read my evidence in advance and allowed my appeal (we won) she said the evidence spoke for itself and questioning was not needed.
October 23 - the government requested updated forms, medical security.
November 9th - we sent them everything they needed......and have been waiting since then.

Full Court hearing.( you go to court it can be a few hours to a full day hearing in front of a judge)

this is usually a 1.5 to 2 year wait from when you appeal. There are many members on here who have had to go to full court for their case and i am sure they will share their stores with you as well.

Here is some information on the Canadian website on the process

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/Eng/BoaCom/references/procedures/Pages/ProcessSpoPar.aspx

Reactions: Alicee and munimisu

msrangi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
hello I got refusal letter today after interview . The reason what was mentioned that VO felt that marriage is not genuine as I didnt provide more photographs. Can anyone help who had a

My reason is also same I am elder than my husband Can you plz tell me now what can we do plz help
Don’t worry about age I know someone won with 11 year age difference from her husband. Just file the appeal within the 30 days.

Reactions: Alicee

msrangi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
Don’t worry about age I know someone won with 11 year age difference from her husband. Just file the appeal within the 30 days.
I filled my in July 2016 and received blue book in December 2016.. I was not selected for adr and still waiting for the date

msrangi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
You can go to the Toronto appeal board and ask them they will tell you cause I fill in 2016 and I went there and they told me my hearing is this year between spring or fall and they will send me a date but he told me to be perpeard for this year 2018 you can call or go
Hi what does the case worker do , I called to check status and they transferred me to the caseworker.. I wonder what the caseworker does.

Appeal2016

Oct 16, 2017
App. Filed.......
12-05 2014
Med's Request
Waiting
Interview........
Full Hearing won
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
will be soon with hubby in sh Allah
Hy guys I got decision letter today through mail. Any one can tell me about the change of address please? Should I change address online? Reply me Thank you in advance

amine777

Jan 26, 2018
Hi everybody, NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

So my wife and I got married on April 15th 2016, she is from Winnipeg, MB, Canada, My interview was January,19th 2017, Got the refusal letter on the 24th of the same month, so we had to appeal, the appel was sent in the begining of Fabruary, My wife came to visit me in morocco( as her MP suggested ), she stayed with me almost 4 months, just that way to show them that It's a genuine marriage, she went back home at the end of September 2017,because her mom got sick, anyways, so what is making us stressed, we still haven't heard anything From the (IAD) , even tho she send them evidence and pictures of us with my Family once every 2-3 weeks , Is that normal to take this long ? because I saw many cases in this forum, most appeals got their hearing after 4-6 months , now its been 11 months and nothing :/ , Please if you have any information , HELP!! it will be appreciated,

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Reactions: Alicee

amine777

Jan 26, 2018
Is it just me or does anyone else get frustrated when everyone at work, family friends ask...

"When is your husband coming ?"

I get it at least once a day....
No, not just you :/

My wife as well gets the same question at work everyday, from co-workers , customers, but her friends and family do not ask her very often, they know it hurts her, well that's life :/

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
November 2016....refused ...appealed December 2016.....ADR September 25th 2017 - WE WON!!
Hi everybody, NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

So my wife and I got married on April 15th 2016, she is from Winnipeg, MB, Canada, My interview was January,19th 2017, Got the refusal letter on the 24th of the same month, so we had to appeal, the appel was sent in the begining of Fabruary, My wife came to visit me in morocco( as her MP suggested ), she stayed with me almost 4 months, just that way to show them that It's a genuine marriage, she went back home at the end of September 2017,because her mom got sick, anyways, so what is making us stressed, we still haven't heard anything From the (IAD) , even tho she send them evidence and pictures of us with my Family once every 2-3 weeks , Is that normal to take this long ? because I saw many cases in this forum, most appeals got their hearing after 4-6 months , now its been 11 months and nothing :/ , Please if you have any information , HELP!! it will be appreciated,

THANK YOU SO MUCH
Did your wife recieve her blue book in the mail? A copy of the original interview plus application? You can also call IAD and ask them what's going on

mweselake

Apr 30, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
App. Filed.......
May 2016
Interview........
Hy guys I got decision letter today through mail. Any one can tell me about the change of address please? Should I change address online? Reply me Thank you in advance
I need to know same thing . My husband family just move homes recently (I know pefect timing lol).

amine777

Jan 26, 2018
Did your wife recieve her blue book in the mail? A copy of the original interview plus application? You can also call IAD and ask them what's going on
Hi, thanks for ur reply,
Yes we received that long time ago, its been 11 months that we have been waiting , and yes she called few time they said its in process, but my wife said " I feel like I annoy them , they sounded annoyed by me " well IDK why she felt like that but I think its their job lol

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
Yes you can, it is opened to the public and I have watched a few hearings this summer. And a few cases that I had seen got technical knock out by the minister counsel because their story doesn't match up with what they fill out on their application forms.
how do I find out when they are doing spousal appeal hearings in Calgary? is like to go sit in on a couple hearings

msrangi

Star Member
Apr 12, 2016
So I called IAD to check status.. I was transferred to my case worker and she say it’s waiting for hearing date.. I ask her how long she say soon, then I say can u please tell me approximately it has already been 18 months since I filled, she said 3/4 months but I am only saying this because u wana me to guess it could be more or less , so confused.