Star Member
Feb 9, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
LVO
Passport Req..
Soon INSHAH ALLAH
If I'm not mistaken, when I sent in my appeal form this was their response to me too. But I had already sent them the refusal letter.

If you didn't send them the letter with the appeal form then that's what they are talking about. I would recommend you do so because that appeal form is time sensitive
Hi
Actually we already three from to IAD Registry Office Toronto.
1 Notice of Appeal
2 Notice to Sponsor
3 Refusal letter
Perhaps that is just a common thing which they told to everyone just you shared your precious information with me.
Thank you so much.

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
05-10-2015 (extended until July 25,2017)
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
24-11-2016 (arrived @ KVO on 04-12-2016)
Hi
Actually we already three from to IAD Registry Office Toronto.
1 Notice of Appeal
2 Notice to Sponsor
3 Refusal letter
Perhaps that is just a common thing which they told to everyone just you shared your precious information with me.
Thank you so much.
Anytime

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
No, I don't suggest to appeal to the federal court. The federal court won't look into any of your evidences. Unless you can prove there are procedural errors in you case, you cannot win. The most practical way is to live with your loved ones, build up more evidences and then reapply, if you ever want to try again.
Thats what I was thinking too. I will go live with my husband and apply again later on.

Reactions: Alicee

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Sorry to hear. Why was it dismissed? Did you have a full hearing? What were your reasons for denial of visa?
I had a full hearing. They said same thing that they had initially said in the first rejection letter when I sponsored him - marriage not genuine.

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
Hi all. After a particularly nasty, biased, and unprofessionally conducted interview in Tunis, my husband was refused in May of this year, I previously wrote about our experience in this forum. We then filed for appeal in June and just received the blue book this October. It came while I was in Tunisia.

Upon opening it, I expected to find that it would contain our complete file and copies of all the evidence we had previously submitted, minus whatever chat logs they noted that were shredded early on in the application process.

In fact, what they sent contains little more than the application its self, the support letters from my mother, son and best friend, a few pages of hangouts chat, and 3 printed pages of pictures that i had submitted additionally as an afterthought depicting the engagement party my work held for me, a couple of pics of our first meeting, and 3 other pictures of me and my husband together, selfies actually. They did not include any significant pictures. Nothing of our wedding or engagement, nothing showing friends and family were included with the blue book documents.

I submitted over 300 original photographs with our application and my husband brought 50+more with him to his interview. There was also a ton of other relevant evidence we submitted that we had accumulated over the course of our 3 year relationship, receipts, itineraries, love letters, proof of gifts from both of us as well as from our families to each other, emails, among other things, and yet the immigration officer sent almost nothing depicting our relationship or anything else supporting our application.

In addition, the notes they wrote regarding the interview are riddled with sloppy mistakes and several blatant lies. For example; they botched the name of the interpreter completely, not just by a wrong letter here or there but completely wrong name. They stated the only people from my husbands side to attend our wedding was his brother, sister, and a few uncles, when in fact his parents were also of course there at both the formal contract ceremony as well as the party, as noted throughout the application as well as in numerous pictures. She did not record his answers verbatim, but wrote some simplified "dumbed down" answers, excerpts of his full answers and other things completely of her own creation.

She harped in the interview notes about my wedding dress not being culturally the norm there (sweetheart neckline, arms not covered), even though she admits that she is not sure and had asked an assistant post interview about it who also was not entirely sure but "guessed that people in his region might wear arm coverings under the dresses".

I had submitted several emails between my husband and I of the whole process (very personal and special, quite a big deal) of us checking out different dresses and finally excitedly choosing my wedding dress together. I clearly asked if it was ok to wear there, it being a Muslim country, and him clearly assuring me he would never let let me wear something not ok. My sister was also included in the conversation voicing the same concern (she is Muslim by the way) and again his reassurance that my dress is not only appropriate but so beautiful and he cant wait to see me in it on our wedding day. I included a picture of his own mother who on her wedding day wore a similar dress with arms bared and decolletage visible and without her hair covered, he also told the interviewer one of his sisters also opted for this kind of dress as well.

We submitted tons of our wedding photos with over 70 guests all dancing and having a good time, his parents included, everyone posing with us for pictures, several women were not wearing a hijab. None of it mattered except her own biased, misinformed opinion that my dress must have been inappropriate. All one has to do is google Tunisian wedding dress and the majority of modern day wedding dresses you will see is similar to how I was dressed. Was she expecting me to wear some archaic traditional outfit that is still sometimes worn in some of the more remote rural regions or what? My dress was fine with him and I, his family, all our guests. I had so many compliments and offers to buy my dress even!

Sorry to go off on a tangent, just wanted to give an idea of how skewed this all is. My question is, what can I do? I called the appeal board to tell them how skimpy my blue book is, they said call cbsa. I called them, they said the interviewing officer includes what supports their decision, so they were of no help either. I assumed they need to show everything they were presented with in order to come to whatever conclusion they came to?

Is there a way to get them to forward everything we submitted in the name of fairness? Who can I contact to help with this? My MP? Immigration minister?

Or not only will i have to supply all our evidence since the refusal, but everything else we originally submitted as well? The appeal board should see what the officer had to go on.

They have already dealt us such a blow in the refusal alone, I feel like they are purposely trying to sabotage our appeal now :(

Thanks for reading all that, any help or guidance would be much appreciated. By the way I have not yet obtained counsel, was waiting for this to come first to see where I stood. If anyone can recommend anyone good that is reasonably priced, I'd also be grateful.

They are doing the same thing to everyone, you can't request the additional documents, they won't send it. You just have to work with what they sent you and try to get more evidence of your relationship to send in to them for the hearing. Gather all old and new evidence to support your case....letters, call records, chats, pics etc.

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
I went above and beyond to send in evidence to support my case, I sent thousands of pages in and yet I was denied. I even spent actually 10 months out of every year living with my husband since we got married. I feel that its different with everyone depending on who handles your case. I see people submitting little evidence and getting through and some people providing loads of evidence and not getting through. I feel that this is a very biased system.

Reactions: Jamaicanwife

Jamaicanwife

Star Member
Oct 4, 2017
I had a full hearing. They said same thing that they had initially said in the first rejection letter when I sponsored him - marriage not genuine.
So after sending more information, proof of relationship, supportive letters and pics they still denied you? What were some of the questions they asked during trial?

JYC

Jan 5, 2016
I went above and beyond to send in evidence to support my case, I sent thousands of pages in and yet I was denied. I even spent actually 10 months out of every year living with my husband since we got married. I feel that its different with everyone depending on who handles your case. I see people submitting little evidence and getting through and some people providing loads of evidence and not getting through. I feel that this is a very biased system.
I am really sorry to hear that they still denied you after you had sent in so many evidence, yes the system is biased but there is nothing really we can do. If I am going to be denied I will just sell everything and move back to live with my wife. I am not going to continue to even pay a dime of tax to this government and when I get old I will just come back without bringing any money and let Canada to take care of me for the rest of my life. They can deny granting a visa to my wife to enter this country, but they can't deny me the right of becoming a freeloader to make it even.

Last edited:

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
So after sending more information, proof of relationship, supportive letters and pics they still denied you? What were some of the questions they asked during trial?
Keep in mind that even though there was a lot of evidence submitted, if what the appellant and the sponsored person is saying not matching up then they are going to think that it's not genuine. That's why a lot of people hope for an ADR because it's only the appellant answering the question . So all they have to do is re-read the blue book and look up possible questions they may ask and have a snappy comeback that matches the original application.

Alicee

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Rabat
Interview........
17-05-2017
Ur obviously immigrants .. lucky u ..
I'm first nation born in Canada and my
My heart is heavy today. Our appeal was dismissed :( Over 4 years of my life wasted here in this unjust system. I've received the decision letter yesterday after waiting for 4 months after my appeal hearing. I will be leaving Canada next month to live with my husband. All of my family are in Canada and I'm so heartbroken to leave them. Also my mom is not well and she can't move about very well; it hurts so much to leave her and go.
Omg I'm so sorry to hear this!!! I'm at a loss for words.

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
My mind is at a blank right now concerning the questions. I had posted some earlier in this forum, go back to July posts

MARIE43

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
TORONTO
Category........
FAM
No, I don't suggest to appeal to the federal court. The federal court won't look into any of your evidences. Unless you can prove there are procedural errors in you case, you cannot win. The most practical way is to live with your loved ones, build up more evidences and then reapply, if you ever want to try again.
How long do you think I should wait before reapplying?

I was thinking to live a good while with my husband back home and maybe after starting a family, I would reapply. I don't have a problem living with my husband back home on a permanent bases. The reason why I want to reapply is because my family is here and my mom is not well and I would like to be near her to help her.

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
Keep in mind that even though there was a lot of evidence submitted, if what the appellant and the sponsored person is saying not matching up then they are going to think that it's not genuine. That's why a lot of people hope for an ADR because it's only the appellant answering the question . So all they have to do is re-read the blue book and look up possible questions they may ask and have a snappy comeback that matches the original application.
You are 100% corect, they refer to blue file oly, and all the questions gonna be from that only, and answers from both parties, must be verbatim, 200% matching.

SV670

Star Member
Feb 20, 2016
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
26-Jan-2012
Doc's Request.
26-Jan-2013
Interview........
25-June-2014
For my hearing a month later, I'm preparing more supporting documents and would like to know how many copies to be submitted?

TRISHGD

Apr 14, 2016
Brampton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Kingston
App. Filed.......
02-02-2016
Doc's Request.
26-07-2016 (RPRF)
AOR Received.
14-04-2016
File Transfer...
21-04-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Interview........
24-11-2016
Passport Req..
For my hearing a month later, I'm preparing more supporting documents and would like to know how many copies to be submitted?
Are you having a ADR or full hearing?