+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
AnnieDonald said:
just a quick updat to fellows here: on the 9th, August, I got my passport request from cic, now i almost got everything ready to send out today. best regards.
congratulations, another step closer!

appeal process in Vancouver is much, much faster than the rest of the country. our interview was in Hong Kong in October 2014, and just received the NOA for scheduling conference for the appeal hearing!

Reactions: Alicee

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
Thommo said:
Our application was refused giving the most common reason that marriage has been entered into for sole purpose of getting immigration. During the interview visa officer only asked my wife that why she agreed to marry me so soon. She also asked why my wife was looking for a partner on internet. My wife doesn't speak much English as you would expect in case of most people living in China. Visa officer seemed to have made up her mind to refuse the application even before the interview. She didn't dwell on any positive thing and hardly allowed my wife to speak.
I have appealed against the refusal decision. I know blue book will provide detailed reasons for refusal. What can we do meantime? What evidence will be helpful? We married in October last year in China. After that we traveled to my native country in May this year and she met my family. I visited her again in China for three weeks in China. last month. Her interview was in the beginning of this month. We received refusal email within two hours of the interview.
We communicate through WeChat for several hours daily. I am at loss to find more documents proving genuineness of our marriage. I provided proof of my travel to meet her twice after our marriage, photographs, remittance receipts and chat records.
We can't have joint account or joint ownership of anything till we start staying together. Could anyone advise what can we do that will strengthen our case?
It's so frustrating to see authorities treating residents as fraudsters and at the same time pretending to be compassionate in welcoming refugees.
Separation of up to five years can be very testing even for the strongest relationship. Who is going to compensate people for years wasted in waiting?
Why can't Canada follow other countries that allow couples to be together soon after marriage and continue processing permanent resident application thereafter?
The VO would have outlined her reasons for refusal in the Refusal Letter. On ours, it says "Based on information available to me, I am satisfied that you are a person described in section 4(1) of the regulations. This is because of the following reasons:" ... and it goes on to list what she sees as red flags in your application, and was not adequately addressed in the subsequent interview. She probably did make her mind up before the interview, but the interview was your wife's opportunity to try and change the VO's mind.

Wouldn't be able to offer much advice without seeing your supporting material.

Try to look at your supporting material objectively and see if it strongly supports your position. Maybe have a third party look at it and give their brutally honest opinion. Many immigration lawyers and consultants can do a quick review of your case for a small fee. But it's better to have your BB in hand, as it provides more detail on what transpired during the interview. It was likely a very traumatic experience for your wife, so don't count on her memory.

Rush to get married probably set off a big red flag. If you are a recent immigrant to Canada, that is another red flag. Differences in age, ethnicity, religion, education, and so on. They all add up.

deeafahd

Star Member
Sep 17, 2015
Hello everyone I saw people from the same vissa office as mine got approved in 7 months and I am waiting since almost a year.My husband (the sponsor) got lil angry and send them an email asking them why are they doing that and also told them if he should talk to an MP ...anyway ...Now I am worry ...do you think it was a bad idea to send them that email ?...would they take it like he threatening them ?thx

athraa.abb

Star Member
Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
File Transfer...
20-12-2013
Med's Request
22-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2013; Second Meds Done: 30-11-2014
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello.

I am wondering if it is possible to resume an appeal case after withdrawing it? Does anyone have any idea about that?

Khan7860

Apr 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
May 2016
Med's Request
April 2016
Med's Done....
May 2016
Interview........
Not confirmed
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hello everyone,

Need your immediate help, I have paid right of permanent residence fee to cic as they asked me to pay after winning my appeal in april 2016, they have refunded my paid fee yesterday. What does this mean?
Is it good for me or something else.

Waiting for your kind responses.
Thanks!

rammy_xyz

Jul 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Khan7860 said:
Hello everyone,

Need your immediate help, I have paid right of permanent residence fee to cic as they asked me to pay after winning my appeal in april 2016, they have refunded my paid fee yesterday. What does this mean?
Is it good for me or something else.

Waiting for your kind responses.
Thanks!
I don't think so there is anything to worry about, May be you had paid Right of Permanent residence fees with application, and now after winning appeal letter you got request again as it could be their general format to send.
If you have made same payment twice they must have to return the over payment.

Khan7860

Apr 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
May 2016
Med's Request
April 2016
Med's Done....
May 2016
Interview........
Not confirmed
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
I have paid $1450 in 2013 when i submitted my application. I don't know this fee was included in $1450 or not.

rammy_xyz

Jul 9, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
Khan7860 said:
I have paid $1450 in 2013 when i submitted my application. I don't know this fee was included in $1450 or not.
Requirement of fees in total is following:

Sponsor: $75
Applicant: $475
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): $490

If you have paid $1040 with application, that means you had already paid Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Seems like you had paid more than that, was there any child included in the application?

Khan7860

Apr 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London visa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Aug 2013
Doc's Request.
May 2016
Med's Request
April 2016
Med's Done....
May 2016
Interview........
Not confirmed
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
rammy_xyz said:
Requirement of fees in total is following:

Sponsor: $75
Applicant: $475
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF): $490

If you have paid $1040 with application, that means you had already paid Right of Permanent Residence Fee. Seems like you had paid more than that, was there any child included in the application?
No buddy there was no child but i have paid them $1450 at the time of application.

wintersnow

Dec 17, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 10, 2014
AOR Received.
Apr 5, 2014
Med's Done....
Dec 2013
Interview........
Dec 16, 2014 ... refused -- Appeal Jan 8, 2016 ... ALLOWED :)
AnnieDonald said:
just a quick updat to fellows here: on the 9th, August, I got my passport request from cic, now i almost got everything ready to send out today. best regards.
congratulations Annie!

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
22-11-2013/denied/won appeal March 2016
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked for September 10, 2016
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if anyone has been refused after winning appeal for different reasons? I ask because I sent in all updated forms, medical and police report. They asked for an additional police report from a country my husband worked in the summers. When We got it, it says he has a misdemeanour on there for being in that country illegally. His passport was suspended for 3 years and was sent home. That was back in 2009. We sent it in yesterday and my Ecas changed to decision made but haven't gotten a letter or email yet. Could this be negative? God I'm nervous!!

MaryL

Apr 24, 2014
Land of Living Skies
Visa Office......
Rabat
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
22-01-15
File Transfer...
27-01-15
Med's Done....
28-08-14 Redone 25-07-17
Interview........
21-05-15 DM 10-08-17
Passport Req..
05-10-17
VISA ISSUED...
11-10-17
LANDED..........
14-10-17
can/alb said:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if anyone has been refused after winning appeal for different reasons? I ask because I sent in all updated forms, medical and police report. They asked for an additional police report from a country my husband worked in the summers. When We got it, it says he has a misdemeanour on there for being in that country illegally. His passport was suspended for 3 years and was sent home. That was back in 2009. We sent it in yesterday and my Ecas changed to decision made but haven't gotten a letter or email yet. Could this be negative? God I'm nervous!!
Did you not send in all police reports they ask in original application? They ask for all countries your husband live in 6 mos or more. If you didn't include this in original app. And you include it now, they could think you were trying to hide it. I don't know about rehabilitation time period. Anyone else?

can/alb

Star Member
Aug 4, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Rome/Ottawa/Rome
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2013
AOR Received.
15-08-2013
File Transfer...
27-08-2013
Med's Request
April 27, 2016
Med's Done....
27-08-2013/May 2016
Interview........
22-11-2013/denied/won appeal March 2016
Passport Req..
August 9, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2016
LANDED..........
Flight booked for September 10, 2016
MaryL said:
Did you not send in all police reports they ask in original application? They ask for all countries your husband live in 6 mos or more. If you didn't include this in original app. And you include it now, they could think you were trying to hide it. I don't know about rehabilitation time period. Anyone else?
We didn't think he needed it as he never stayed there longer than 3 months at a time. But recently found out that all the months he was there over the years count as over 6 months. I did read that it's usually criminal charges that they will refuse you on and we did state in his first application that he had been removed from there and they never asked for a police report from there at that time.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
can/alb said:
Hello everyone,

If you look at the Appeal Process chart, you will see that once the appeal has been allowed, it goes back to CIC, who could refuse it on other grounds, and you start the appeal process all over again.

http://www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/eng/boacom/references/procedures/pages/processspopar.aspx

I've seen on this forum, where people have been accused of misrepresentation even for minor innocent mistakes. You may want to consult with a lawyer here, as you wouldn't want to have misrepresentation on your history. Technically it was an omission rather than misrepresentation.

Good luck.

Sorry, i missed the part where you said that you had already sent it in, and saw that your ecas status was changed. Now it's maybe just wait and see.

wait_so_long

Jul 31, 2016
athraa.abb said:
Hello.

I am wondering if it is possible to resume an appeal case after withdrawing it? Does anyone have any idea about that?
IAD rule 51 has something about reinstating an appeal after withdrawal.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/enf/enf19-eng.pdf

See 7.3 and see if it applies to your particular situation.