+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES COME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Kistehsia

Star Member
Aug 20, 2013
ezez0624 said:
Hi everyone,

Since I've been getting a lot of information from this thread and now that I have an ADR date (July 30 - YAY!!), I thought I'll join the postings and share my story in hopes of giving others some hope and support. I live in Calgary and our IAD office is Vancouver. I am preparing for this ADR on my own.

June 2013 First application filed (with help from consultant)
July 2013 Sponsor approved
June 2014 Interview requested
Sep 2014 Attended interview in LA
Oct 2014 Received refusal letter – Appeal filed immediately (without consultant)
Nov 2014 Appeal acknowledged by IAD
Mar 2015 Blue book received from CBSA
May 2015 ADR date scheduled over phone call

According to the bluebook record our red flags were: age difference, education level difference, similar names in the families(??), not being able to pin point “date first met” during our interview, not mentioning each and every family members and the first meetings with them hence providing “inconsistent” and “limited” knowledge on each other during interview. There were no other complications and still they decided our 7-year relationship was not genuine.

Just like anyone else we were very upset about VO's decision but now understand that it was her job to pick on people off guard. Lawyers/consultants can only do so much about it. Took us some time to realize blaming her won't get us anywhere so started doing some homework and thanks to all who shared your experiences and advices, I feel a lot better and a lot more confident in prepping for the ADR.

To all of you fighting for your family, whether you're going on your own or working with a lawyer, be strong and prepare for the worst person. I always wonder if there's any pleasant Canadian VO who doesn't try to intimidate couples into contradicting themselves but “genuinely” tries to tell the difference in fake marriages which I think is what they are getting paid for.

Btw to Kistehsia: sounds like we have a lot in common. My hubby is 6 yrs younger than me and my ADR is a day after yours! Hope your prep is going well.

Anyone who recently had an ADR in Calgary please share your thoughts on what to expect! Thanks!!
Yes our stories do sound very similar ... I'm almost done prep work, feeling a lot more confident and less defensive. Not taking it so personally now as I see that 99.9% VO seemed to be opinionated fools playing God with controlling freakish attitudes. To them I say "NO MATTER WHAT I WILL NEVER GIVE UP ON MY HUSBAND" we cannot tell our hearts who to fall in love with!!!

Reactions: Alicee

Raz8029

Mar 21, 2015
does anyone know where they had a hearing just because the immigration officer did not conduct an interview? in the ADR, even the minister's counsel agrees to the proof i provided.

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014
Re: ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES CHOME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

tunisianbride said:
I had a video conference with judge from Ottawa in Toronto during my appeal in February, 2013. His name was Benjamin Dolin. Very nice man! He made his decision at the end of the hearing, but this isn't always the case. My written decision was mailed to me a few weeks later. Hope this helps.
Dear Tunisianbride, I am so glad to hear that you won the appel, so exciting. And may I ask how did you have the video conference ? I thought applleant needs to be in the hearing physically. My husband is my sponsor, right now we live together in China, I certainly hope he doesn't have to fly to Canada for the hearing, so it would be great if he can just do the hearing over video conference. Please kindly advise.

Thank you very much.

Reactions: Alicee
Feb 26, 2015
Kistehsia said:
I am in the same boat.... Received Blue Book 4 months ago and still no notice as to an ADR/Appeal date. But they don't care it's just our lives they mess with. Nothing about this process is very ethical or humane from what I'm seeing and reading. Couples who survive this torture will last forever through anything that's thrown at them, JMO..... Stay strong everyone. Hugs!!
My husband had his interview around the end June 2014 and was denied. I received a letter in the mail a couple of weeks later letting me know that I could appeal. I appealed right away. If I remember correctly, I didn't get a letter about the ADR until mid to late January 2015. I had my ADR last week and was denied. It's a long and stressful process that's for sure.

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010

Oa said:
Thank you so much for responding tunisianbride. I had a same judge. Indeed you right that he is very nice man. He gave his decision at the end of hearing for me as well. It's been about 27 calendar days since my hearing. I haven't recd a written decision yet. Could you please tell me after how many days did you receive your written decision letter that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
I'm sorry, but I can't remember exactly how long it took, but it was about a month. You should get it soon.

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010

AnnieDonald said:
Dear Tunisianbride, I am so glad to hear that you won the appel, so exciting. And may I ask how did you have the video conference ? I thought applleant needs to be in the hearing physically. My husband is my sponsor, right now we live together in China, I certainly hope he doesn't have to fly to Canada for the hearing, so it would be great if he can just do the hearing over video conference. Please kindly advise.

Thank you very much.
The judge works out of Ottawa and my appeal was in Toronto, so instead of having him travel from Ottawa to Toronto, he presided over the appeal hearing via Skype, I believe, on a huge television screen at the front of the room. I had to attend the hearing in person and they contacted my husband, the applicant, by telephone. As far as I know, you are right that the appellant must attend the hearing in person.

neepk

Oct 28, 2014
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 13th 2014
Doc's Request.
No
File Transfer...
July 31 2014
Med's Request
No
Interview........
No
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
No
I got my GCMS notes, the last notes that I have on my file on Jan 25th 2015 shows ” File EM for refusal Decision”.
Even though I have already paid my debt and they also have on their record that debt paid in full but it seems as they are refusing my application. Also they have notes on file that Mississauga CPC is not willing to revisit their decision about my eligibility. Any advice?

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015

tunisianbride said:
I'm sorry, but I can't remember exactly how long it took, but it was about a month. You should get it soon.

Thank you tunisianbride .

AnnieDonald

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hongkong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23Rd, Dec, 2014

tunisianbride said:
The judge works out of Ottawa and my appeal was in Toronto, so instead of having him travel from Ottawa to Toronto, he presided over the appeal hearing via Skype, I believe, on a huge television screen at the front of the room. I had to attend the hearing in person and they contacted my husband, the applicant, by telephone. As far as I know, you are right that the appellant must attend the hearing in person.
Thank you very much for the response.

ajarupan

Oct 26, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2013
Doc's Request.
28-10-2013 - In Process
Nomination.....
04-01-2014 - Decision Made, rejected.
AOR Received.
Appealed - February 2014
IELTS Request
Appeal Accepted - March 3, 2014
File Transfer...
Blue Book Received - July 6, 2014
Med's Request
February, 2016
Med's Done....
February, 2016
Interview........
Full Hearing: August 19, 2015
Passport Req..
Waiting...in process
hoaphuong2013 said:
Hi everyone, I don't speak English very well, do you know if I can have an interpreter for ADR ? Thanks.
You can let the appeal office know. They offer the interpreters.

nancyzm

Star Member
Mar 18, 2014
Hi guys. How long after appeal is allowed does it take CIC to reopen our case? Were your case handled by Ottawa or another visa office?