Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Rabat, Morocco
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hoaphuong2013 said:
Hello everyone, do you know of a good immigration lawyer in Greater Toronto area ? Thank you so much.
#Hoaphuong2013
There are several good lawyers in the Toronto area,
Cecil Rotenberg (he is a Queens' Counsel)
Mario Bellisimo
Lorne Waldman
Mendel Green
David Cohen

Try them all and see who you feel comfortable with. Many of them have large firms with other lawyers from all cultures that you may feel more comfortable with someone from your country.

As for an interpreter, you are absolutely entitled to one at no cost provided by the IAD court BUT I have to say it depends a lot on your situation. If you are working on a spousal sponsorship case, and your spouse speaks English only, it does NOT look good to use an interpreter in your case. Immigration will question how you can have a genuine relationship with someone if you can't speak their language fluently. Otherwise it's not a problem. Good luck!

Reactions: allyh

gul487

May 5, 2014
Hi All,

Just got email for LVO about addition of wife after marriage. They asked for additional family info form and background declaration form of wife. I have following questions;

1) In Additional Family Info Form , who will come under applicant ? and whose email address I need to provide ?
2) Shall I need to send education degrees copies and work experience of wife along with schedule A form ?

Thank you .Gul

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
NOV 2014 DENIED...FILED APPEAL JAN 2015....HEARING IN JULY 2017
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting here but I've been reading all of your posts for some time now and it has been really helpful and makes me feel that I'm not alone in this difficult time.

My timeline is as follows:

Sponsored spouse... MAY 2014
Interview............... NOVEMBER 2014
Appealed............... JANUARY 2015
Received blue book.. APRIL 2015
waiting for ADR.......

My lawyer said that I should hear back about the ADR date in 2 months.

Reactions: Alicee

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
Hi gul487

For additional family information form, the applicant is your spouse that you are sponsoring. And use your email address.

Mrs.S

Star Member
May 28, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
POS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MAY 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Waiting
Does anyone know how long after you received the blue book does it take to get an ADR date in Toronto?

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been denied their ADR and how long after do you wait to hear about having a full hearing?

The number I have tried calling never gets me through to anyone.

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Mrs.S said:
Does anyone know how long after you received the blue book does it take to get an ADR date in Toronto?
I received by blue book in May, and then heard from them to schedule my ADR in August/September, but that was from Vancouver office...

I've heard that Toronto has a longer wait, but I could be wrong! There are many people in here I am sure can give you an idea. I just wanted to put in my 2 cents.

loveawaits

Star Member
May 22, 2015
does anyone know whats going to happen in adr toronto and what they going to sayy?? i got denied because our marraige wasnt real :( hate these officers

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Mrs.S said:
Hi everyone,

I'm new to posting here but I've been reading all of your posts for some time now and it has been really helpful and makes me feel that I'm not alone in this difficult time.

My timeline is as follows:

Sponsored spouse... MAY 2014
Interview............... NOVEMBER 2014
Appealed............... JANUARY 2015
Received blue book.. APRIL 2015
waiting for ADR.......

My lawyer said that I should hear back about the ADR date in 2 months.
ADR is granted when they feel there are a few issues that can be resolved quickly. There is no guarantee that you will get it. Wait time in Toronto has been about 28 months for a full hearing. Best to stay busy during this difficult time and never give up !

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
loveawaits said:
does anyone know whats going to happen in adr toronto and what they going to sayy?? i got denied because our marraige wasnt real :( hate these officers
Have you received a date for ADR or wishful thinking ?

sheraz_aries

May 28, 2015
Application got Rejected

My Sister's application ( sponsored by her husband - Canadian National ) was filed in Pakistan. After long wait she had an interview in Islamabad - Pakistan and now after 2 months she received email saying its a rejection as they are not satisfy with the documents and information provided. They believe that the marriage is not genuine. Its a shock for us as she waited so long and provided every possible document to support her application. Now she will appeal against the decision.

My Questions are:

1) Where the appeal would be filed ( Canada or Pakistan)?
2) Would it be filed by her or by her sponsor (husband - in Canada )?
3) What's the appeal process ( It would be great if somebody could explain different steps along with approximate timelines. )
4) What's the current timescale for the appeal process?

Any detail response would be really appreciated.

hoaphuong2013

Star Member
May 22, 2015
habeeb said:
#Hoaphuong2013
There are several good lawyers in the Toronto area,
Cecil Rotenberg (he is a Queens' Counsel)
Mario Bellisimo
Lorne Waldman
Mendel Green
David Cohen

Try them all and see who you feel comfortable with. Many of them have large firms with other lawyers from all cultures that you may feel more comfortable with someone from your country.

As for an interpreter, you are absolutely entitled to one at no cost provided by the IAD court BUT I have to say it depends a lot on your situation. If you are working on a spousal sponsorship case, and your spouse speaks English only, it does NOT look good to use an interpreter in your case. Immigration will question how you can have a genuine relationship with someone if you can't speak their language fluently. Otherwise it's not a problem. Good luck!
I really appreciate your response, the information is really helpful, if i understand correctly, they dont allow to have the lawyer during ADR, therefore, should I seek for lawyer as soon as I file the appeal or should I wait until the ADR is over (assuming Im qualified to have one ).

loveawaits

Star Member
May 22, 2015
gsize said:
Have you received a date for ADR or wishful thinking ?
yes I have received my date for adr in august and also got a lawyer he only told me to bring my proof of documents our case was we didn't show proof of pictures didn't bring my pregnancy papers and made few mistakes which the vo thinks our love isn't genuine and my lawyer seemed that it wasn't big deal he just show lots of proof but I don't know the chances and what questions there going to ask :(

luvk

Jan 27, 2015
Re: Application got Rejected

sheraz_aries said:
My Sister's application ( sponsored by her husband - Canadian National ) was filed in Pakistan. After long wait she had an interview in Islamabad - Pakistan and now after 2 months she received email saying its a rejection as they are not satisfy with the documents and information provided. They believe that the marriage is not genuine. Its a shock for us as she waited so long and provided every possible document to support her application. Now she will appeal against the decision.

My Questions are:

1) Where the appeal would be filed ( Canada or Pakistan)?
2) Would it be filed by her or by her sponsor (husband - in Canada )?
3) What's the appeal process ( It would be great if somebody could explain different steps along with approximate timelines. )
4) What's the current timescale for the appeal process?

Any detail response would be really appreciated.
1) in Canada - wherever he lives
2) her husband has to appeal in Canada but with in 15 days or 30 days... They''ll send a lettter with that information.
3) by luck- adr (3-6 months ) ...,full hearing - almost 2 years ....that's pretty long time bt have no choice :( from the date u received blue book