April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Mrs Selim said:
To all the people waiting for there appeal ..never ever give up ...my husband and i have a 25 years age difference and we won the appeal we did this all on our own no lawyer or anything else and we won :) my husband will land in YVR airport may 31 :)
Congratulations Mrs Selim!! Very happy to hear that your appeal has been successful. I am sure you are so happy to soon be with your husband. Cheers :D

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
Mrs Selim said:
To all the people waiting for there appeal ..never ever give up ...my husband and i have a 25 years age difference and we won the appeal we did this all on our own no lawyer or anything else and we won :) my husband will land in YVR airport may 31 :)

So happy for you !!!

To do this on your own, you need a thick skin ! :D

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015

Mrs. Malek

Star Member
Jun 5, 2014
Toronto
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
App. Filed.......
03-06-2013
Doc's Request.
20-06-2013
AOR Received.
03-07-2013
File Transfer...
28-07-2013
Interview........
20-05-2014... Failed
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
01-11-2015
LANDED..........
14-11-2015
Mrs Selim said:
Yes we also had to pay again $490
I called CIC and they told me this fees has been paid. I dont have to pay again. It was just the regular mail they sent out to everyone. I recommend you, after your hubby comes. Ask for refund of one of the payment :)

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
Mrs. Malek said:
I called CIC and they told me this fees has been paid. I dont have to pay again. It was just the regular mail they sent out to everyone. I recommend you, after your hubby comes. Ask for refund of one of the payment :)
oh i will lollll

maple23

Sep 30, 2014
Hello. Does anyone have experience with New Delhi visa office? How much time they take to return passport with visa after requesting updated documents, medical etc and passport? I am tired of waiting.. :-[ :-[

MrsTrejo

Star Member
May 8, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Havana, CU
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2013
File Transfer...
April 2013
Interview........
November 21, 2013 - Denied
Passport Req..
Appealed - January 2014
VISA ISSUED...
ADR unsuccessful - November 19
Hello ladies and gents, hope you're having a good day!

Does anyone have the correct number to get through to the IAD office? I haven't heard anything about when my full hearing will be - or gotten anything in the mail since my ADR was unsuccessful - kind of want to know what is going on and when I should be prepared, if I need to buy a plane ticket, etc. I'm in Edmonton so it is the Vancouver office.

Planning on going back to Cuba for a few months so I want to know what the deal is!

If anyone has not had a successful ADR and then went to a hearing, can you let me know how much time you waited for the date?

ezez0624

Apr 25, 2015
Hi everyone,

Since I’ve been getting a lot of information from this thread and now that I have an ADR date (July 30 - YAY!!), I thought I’ll join the postings and share my story in hopes of giving others some hope and support. I live in Calgary and our IAD office is Vancouver. I am preparing for this ADR on my own.

June 2013 First application filed (with help from consultant)
July 2013 Sponsor approved
June 2014 Interview requested
Sep 2014 Attended interview in LA
Oct 2014 Received refusal letter – Appeal filed immediately (without consultant)
Nov 2014 Appeal acknowledged by IAD
Mar 2015 Blue book received from CBSA
May 2015 ADR date scheduled over phone call

According to the bluebook record our red flags were: age difference, education level difference, similar names in the families(??), not being able to pin point “date first met” during our interview, not mentioning each and every family members and the first meetings with them hence providing “inconsistent” and “limited” knowledge on each other during interview. There were no other complications and still they decided our 7-year relationship was not genuine.

Just like anyone else we were very upset about VO’s decision but now understand that it was her job to pick on people off guard. Lawyers/consultants can only do so much about it. Took us some time to realize blaming her won’t get us anywhere so started doing some homework and thanks to all who shared your experiences and advices, I feel a lot better and a lot more confident in prepping for the ADR.

To all of you fighting for your family, whether you’re going on your own or working with a lawyer, be strong and prepare for the worst person. I always wonder if there’s any pleasant Canadian VO who doesn’t try to intimidate couples into contradicting themselves but “genuinely” tries to tell the difference in fake marriages which I think is what they are getting paid for.

Btw to Kistehsia: sounds like we have a lot in common. My hubby is 6 yrs younger than me and my ADR is a day after yours! Hope your prep is going well.

Anyone who recently had an ADR in Calgary please share your thoughts on what to expect! Thanks!!

suzanne2014

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-02-2015 lost sent second one they recieved it May 13
AOR Received.
13-06-2015
File Transfer...
13-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-01-2015
That scares me about the age difference, since my husband is 27 years difference omg I'm so scared. We have been together 8 years lived together 6 years ..but apparently that don't mean anything :( and he helped me raise my 4 kids from very small :) I can't believe what I'm reading ..
who new that after 7 years with your spouse would be a red flag... geez .

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015
Re: ALL SPOUSE APPEAL CASES CHOME HERE AND JOIN US PLZ

Senior members pls respond. Did anyone from Toronto had a Videoconf hearing with judge in Ottawa. Just want to know what was response time for them to receive a written decision from Iad. Thank you

Mrs Selim

Mar 6, 2013
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-3-2013
Interview........
May 28 2013 denied
Passport Req..
May 5 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 12 2015
LANDED..........
May 31 2015
suzanne2014 said:
That scares me about the age difference, since my husband is 27 years difference omg I'm so scared. We have been together 8 years lived together 6 years ..but apparently that don't mean anything :( and he helped me raise my 4 kids from very small :) I can't believe what I'm reading ..
who new that after 7 years with your spouse would be a red flag... geez .
I am 25 years older and won the appeal ...Have faith and make sure you and ur husband have everything together for the appeal..Goodluck.

Reactions: Alicee

loveawaits

Star Member
May 22, 2015
Mrs. Malek said:

hi ms malek i live in toronto to and my sponsor got refused new dehli because our relationship wasnt genuine and know i have a adr confrence on augst and will you tell me what they will say?? im really nervous waited 5 years now and hubby still not here also how long process is thanks :-[

rajinregina14

Jan 5, 2014
New Delhi
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2013
AOR Received.
05-06-2013
File Transfer...
15-07-2013
Med's Request
Medical Expired on Mar 10th, 2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2013
Interview........
27 May 2014
Passport Req..
23-07-2013
LANDED..........
Brunt my passport since no hopes
Canada immigration is a big joke, bunch of fools sitting above us who is making these decisions. If someone has marriage certificate issued by registrar then they should respect it, It might not be possible for everyone to provide million of proof to prove the relation as everyone is not same. Some couple like to click photos, some like to talk, others don't like.

In my case, Visa office said - you don't have enough photos to prove that you are married, she ignored the marriage certificate which even has our photo together. yes we had only few photos because my wife don't like to get clicked due to her weight issues, why this photo is so important.

People who are applying with fake proofs would be able to click 100000s photos in multiple poses but genuine people will have only few important.

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010

Oa said:
Senior members pls respond. Did anyone from Toronto had a Videoconf hearing with judge in Ottawa. Just want to know what was response time for them to receive a written decision from Iad. Thank you
I had a video conference with judge from Ottawa in Toronto during my appeal in February, 2013. His name was Benjamin Dolin. Very nice man! He made his decision at the end of the hearing, but this isn't always the case. My written decision was mailed to me a few weeks later. Hope this helps.

Oa

Star Member
May 15, 2015

tunisianbride said:
I had a video conference with judge from Ottawa in Toronto during my appeal in February, 2013. His name was Benjamin Dolin. Very nice man! He made his decision at the end of the hearing, but this isn't always the case. My written decision was mailed to me a few weeks later. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for responding tunisianbride. I had a same judge. Indeed you right that he is very nice man. He gave his decision at the end of hearing for me as well. It's been about 27 calendar days since my hearing. I haven't recd a written decision yet. Could you please tell me after how many days did you receive your written decision letter that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: Alicee