july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
OCTOBER 15 2010/new meds done july, 09,2014
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
e-mail ppr request august 28/2014
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
flying on sept/12/14..4yrs of stress is over
hey guys..

I just received the decision letter from iad.. ;D ;D ;D ;D hcan anyone tell me how long before I can hear anything from the visa office for re-medical and police clearance? thanks

drewday

Champion Member
May 7, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rathika2011 said:
hey guys..

I just received the decision letter from iad.. ;D ;D ;D ;D hcan anyone tell me how long before I can hear anything from the visa office for re-medical and police clearance? thanks
congrats !!! rathika happy for you ;) ;) ;)

haritsharma

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI/INDIA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4 April,2013
AOR Received.
26 APRIL 2013
Med's Done....
2 MARCH 2013
Interview........
15 MARCH 2014
Passport Req..
12 JUNE 2013
VISA ISSUED...
VISA REFUSED11/04/2014
helpseeker12 said:
Hi

I followed your post, and hope you can guide me with your experience .
My husband is Canadian citizen and i am from India , our application is refused and we got refusal letter in five days with 4 reasons , we by mistake provided 2 wrong information and i wonder how could our consultant not point those.
I want suggestion if it is possible for us to reapply instead of appeal?
As lawyer is asking for 30,000 Canadian dollar for taking our case of appeal and stating 2-3 years period.
And i dont know how to fight with points for which i dont have proof.
Can i re apply?

Please guide me , my time for appeal is running....

Thanks in advance
I think Mr.Sardara Singh Chera is a good consultant.His fees is approx. 5500/- CAD. I Found his Number from this forum.please friends advice me kya ye theek hai ya kisi aur ko hire karo.meri abhi usse baat chal rahi hai.

IAD File No. / No de dossier de la SAI: TB0-05124
Client ID No. / No ID client: 5780-4328
Reasons and Decision  Motifs et décision

SPONSORSHIP

Appellant(s)
DAVINDER SINGH NIJJAR
Appelant(e)(s)
Respondent
The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration
Intimé(e)
Le ministre de la Citoyenneté et de l'Immigration
Date(s) and Place of Hearing
In Chambers
Date(s) et lieu de l'audience
Toronto, Ontario
Date of Decision
August 9, 2012
Date de la décision
Panel
Harvey Savage
Tribunal
Counsel for the

Appellant(s)

Sardara Singh Chera

Conseil(s) de l'appelant(e) / des appelant(e)(s)
Counsel for the Minister
Ian Catterall
Conseil du ministre
2012 CanLII 97402 (CA IRB)

Reasons for Decision

INTRODUCTION

[1] Davinder Singh NIJJAR (the “appellant”) sponsored his spouse, Baljit Kaur (the “applicant”), to Canada. His spouse's application for a permanent resident visa was refused by a visa officer at the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi, India. The visa officer found that his wife was not his “spouse” for the purposes of Canadian immigration law. The appellant appeals the visa officer's refusal to issue the visa.

[2] The appellant contends that the marriage is genuine and was not entered into primarily for an immigration purpose.

ISSUE

[3] The issue in this case is whether the applicant falls within the class of persons described in section 4 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the “Regulations”), thereby excluding the applicant from consideration as a spouse for the purpose of the Regulations. Section 4 (1) posits a disjunctive test. It reads as follows:

4 (1) Bad Faith – For the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership
(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or
(b) is not genuine.

DECISION

[4] Having considered the evidence and the submissions of the parties, I find that, on a balance of probabilities, the marriage is genuine and that the marriage was not entered into primarily in order for the applicant to gain admission to Canada.

BACKGROUND

[5] The appellant is 27 and a citizen of Canada. The applicant is twenty-six. She was born in India and resides there now.

[6] The appellant and the applicant were married in India May 6, 2009. The appellant returned to Canada and sponsored the applicant.

ANALYSIS AND FINDINGS OF FACT

[7] The visa officer found that the applicant is not the appellant's spouse because of section 4 of the Regulations, which then read as follows:
4. For the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner or an adopted child of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership, conjugal partnership or adoption is not genuine and was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act.

[8] Section 4 has since been amended as Section 4 (1). As indicated the test is now disjunctive. That is the only substantive change, and the panel will conduct its analysis under the amended framework.

[9] In considering whether a marriage is genuine and whether the “bad faith” section 4 (1) of the Regulations applies to it, the Immigration Appeal Division (“IAD”) tends to look at a number of the same factors. However, these factors are not identical in every appeal as the genuineness of the marriage can be affected by any number of different factors in every appeal. The factors considered can include, but are not limited to the:

i) intent of the parties to the marriage;
ii) length of the relationship;
iii) amount of time spent together;
iv) conduct at the time of meeting, engagement and/or the wedding;
v) behaviour subsequent to the wedding;
vi) knowledge of each other's relationship histories;
vii) levels of continuing contact and communication;
viii) provision of financial support;
ix) knowledge of and sharing of responsibility for the care of children brought into the marriage;
x) knowledge of and contact with extended families of the parties, and
xi) knowledge about each other's daily lives.

[10] All of these factors can be considered in determining the genuineness of a marriage.2 The second prong of the test – whether the relationship was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (“IRPA”) – is self-evident and self-explanatory: the advantage sought in spousal appeals is generally entry to Canada and the granting to the applicant of permanent resident status as a member of the family class.3

[11] The visa officer expressed the following main concerns:
 The applicant dressed like a married woman, drawing attention to herself despite her stated wish to keep her marriage a secret because of parental objection to it;

 The applicant did not make a complaint against her husband's parents despite saying they opposed the marriage;

 The applicant said she provided intimate photos because her lawyer suggested to;

 Limited time spent with appellant after the wedding;
 Appellant has not returned to visit;
 Delay in filing the sponsorship application; and
 Applicant knew very little about appellant's life in Canada.

[12] The appellant testified at the hearing.

[13] At the conclusion of the appellant's testimony, the Minister's counsel agreed that the appellant was a credible witness, and that the marriage appeared to be genuine. The only concern was to eliminate the possibility hat the appellant and applicant might be brother and sister. The Minister's counsel agreed to consent to the appeal if DNA tests could confirm that they were not related.

[14] The hearing was adjourned to accommodate this request. A DNA report was sent in by counsel on July 5, 2012. The DNA analysis was conducted by Orchid Cellmark, 635 Columbia Street, New Westminster, B.C, Canada V3M 1A7. The report dated June 26, 2012 concluded that the appellant and applicant were not biologically related.

[15] The results were sent by email on August 2, 2012 from a case officer to the Minister's Counsel.

[16] On August 3, 2012 the Minister's Counsel consented to allowing the appeal.

[17] I agree with Minister's counsel. The appellant was credible and the evidence filed was also persuasive of a genuine relationship.

[18] The appeal is allowed.

NOTICE OF DECISION

The appeal is allowed. The officer's decision to refuse a permanent resident visa is set aside, and the officer must continue to process the application in accordance with the reasons of the Immigration Appeal Division.

“Harvey Savage”
Harvey Savage
August 9, 2012

scorpioxx1

Mar 11, 2013
rathika2011 said:
hey guys..

Congrats rathika,
Timelines are unknown, but to stay on top of things, now call CIC and ask them if they've resumed processing your file yet and where. You can also try to check the status of your applcation online but until they start re-processing it, this option will not be available. Here's a link to a document from CIC, which states what happens to a case after an appeal is allowed. http ://w ww.cic.gc .ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/ob305.asp (when pasting the link, there's a space between first and second w's...)
Hope this helps.
Sc

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
09/2012 for Stage 1 approval
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Notice received via e-mail for 01/2013
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
06/ /2014 :D
rathika2011 said:
hey guys..

Congratulations rathika2011 :-* :p 8) ;D :D ;) Finally! That was a very long time to wait for you! :( :'( :-* :-* :-*

Ankit_Sonam

Star Member
Jun 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th Jan'2012
AOR Received.
2nd April'2012
File Transfer...
18th Jan'2012
Med's Done....
19th Feb'2012
Interview........
24th July'2012
Passport Req..
12th April'2012
VISA ISSUED...
20 June' 2014
haritsharma said:
I think Mr.Sardara Singh Chera is a good consultant.His fees is approx. 5500/- CAD. I Found his Number from this forum.please friends advice me kya ye theek hai ya kisi aur ko hire karo.meri abhi usse baat chal rahi hai.

Reasons and Decision  Motifs et décision

SPONSORSHI
Appellant(s)
DAVINDER SINGH NIJJAR
Appelant(e)(s)
Respondent
The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration
Intimé(e)
Le ministre de la Citoyenneté et de l'Immigration
Date(s) and Place of Hearing
In Chambers
Date(s) et lieu de l'audience
Toronto, Ontario
Date of Decision
August 9, 2012
Date de la décision
Panel
Harvey Savage
Tribunal
Counsel for the

Appellant(s)

Sardara Singh Chera

Conseil(s) de l'appelant(e) / des appelant(e)(s)
Counsel for the Minister
Ian Catterall
Conseil du ministre
2012 CanLII 97402 (CA IRB)

Reasons for Decision

INTRODUCTION

[1] Davinder Singh NIJJAR (the “appellant”) sponsored his spouse, Baljit Kaur (the “applicant”), to Canada. His spouse's application for a permanent resident visa was refused by a visa officer at the Canadian High Commission in New Delhi, India. The visa officer found that his wife was not his “spouse” for the purposes of Canadian immigration law. The appellant appeals the visa officer's refusal to issue the visa.

[2] The appellant contends that the marriage is genuine and was not entered into primarily for an immigration purpose.

ISSUE

[3] The issue in this case is whether the applicant falls within the class of persons described in section 4 (1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (the “Regulations”), thereby excluding the applicant from consideration as a spouse for the purpose of the Regulations. Section 4 (1) posits a disjunctive test. It reads as follows:

4 (1) Bad Faith – For the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership
(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or
(b) is not genuine.

DECISION

[4] Having considered the evidence and the submissions of the parties, I find that, on a balance of probabilities, the marriage is genuine and that the marriage was not entered into primarily in order for the applicant to gain admission to Canada.

BACKGROUND

[5] The appellant is 27 and a citizen of Canada. The applicant is twenty-six. She was born in India and resides there now.

[6] The appellant and the applicant were married in India May 6, 2009. The appellant returned to Canada and sponsored the applicant.

ANALYSIS AND FINDINGS OF FACT

[7] The visa officer found that the applicant is not the appellant's spouse because of section 4 of the Regulations, which then read as follows:
4. For the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner, a conjugal partner or an adopted child of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership, conjugal partnership or adoption is not genuine and was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act.

[8] Section 4 has since been amended as Section 4 (1). As indicated the test is now disjunctive. That is the only substantive change, and the panel will conduct its analysis under the amended framework.

[9] In considering whether a marriage is genuine and whether the “bad faith” section 4 (1) of the Regulations applies to it, the Immigration Appeal Division (“IAD”) tends to look at a number of the same factors. However, these factors are not identical in every appeal as the genuineness of the marriage can be affected by any number of different factors in every appeal. The factors considered can include, but are not limited to the:

i) intent of the parties to the marriage;
ii) length of the relationship;
iii) amount of time spent together;
iv) conduct at the time of meeting, engagement and/or the wedding;
v) behaviour subsequent to the wedding;
vi) knowledge of each other's relationship histories;
vii) levels of continuing contact and communication;
viii) provision of financial support;
ix) knowledge of and sharing of responsibility for the care of children brought into the marriage;
x) knowledge of and contact with extended families of the parties, and
xi) knowledge about each other's daily lives.

[10] All of these factors can be considered in determining the genuineness of a marriage.2 The second prong of the test – whether the relationship was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (“IRPA”) – is self-evident and self-explanatory: the advantage sought in spousal appeals is generally entry to Canada and the granting to the applicant of permanent resident status as a member of the family class.3

[11] The visa officer expressed the following main concerns:
 The applicant dressed like a married woman, drawing attention to herself despite her stated wish to keep her marriage a secret because of parental objection to it;

 The applicant did not make a complaint against her husband's parents despite saying they opposed the marriage;

 The applicant said she provided intimate photos because her lawyer suggested to;

 Limited time spent with appellant after the wedding;
 Appellant has not returned to visit;
 Delay in filing the sponsorship application; and
 Applicant knew very little about appellant's life in Canada.

[12] The appellant testified at the hearing.

[13] At the conclusion of the appellant's testimony, the Minister's counsel agreed that the appellant was a credible witness, and that the marriage appeared to be genuine. The only concern was to eliminate the possibility hat the appellant and applicant might be brother and sister. The Minister's counsel agreed to consent to the appeal if DNA tests could confirm that they were not related.

[14] The hearing was adjourned to accommodate this request. A DNA report was sent in by counsel on July 5, 2012. The DNA analysis was conducted by Orchid Cellmark, 635 Columbia Street, New Westminster, B.C, Canada V3M 1A7. The report dated June 26, 2012 concluded that the appellant and applicant were not biologically related.

[15] The results were sent by email on August 2, 2012 from a case officer to the Minister's Counsel.

[16] On August 3, 2012 the Minister's Counsel consented to allowing the appeal.

[17] I agree with Minister's counsel. The appellant was credible and the evidence filed was also persuasive of a genuine relationship.

[18] The appeal is allowed.

NOTICE OF DECISION

The appeal is allowed. The officer's decision to refuse a permanent resident visa is set aside, and the officer must continue to process the application in accordance with the reasons of the Immigration Appeal Division.

“Harvey Savage”
Harvey Savage
August 9, 2012
Hi haritsharma

Go with SS Chera .. He took our case and we won it. He has got good experience. Let him know about us...Just say Ankit & sonam from thompson. It will take time but don't lose your hope. For our case it took 2 years to get the date. so try to collect every evidence as much as you can. skpye logs, fb chats , etc..i hope this helps. don't worry you will win.

Ankit_Sonam

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
NOVEMBER 15TH SAME DAY REFUSED VISA/ APPEAL HEARING ON NOVEMBER/05/2013//won appeal feb 10/14...
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
Stressed wife said:
Congrats Rathika
thank you all ....im very excited to reunite with my husband soon in Canada.....hope things will work out soon..........hey double rainbow thanks for ur wishes I tried to call cbsa and she said they have nothing to do with immigration files...what can I do ? I tried to call cic to get more info but because out side of Canada I cant get through...is there any other number for cic?

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
rathika2011 said:
thank you all ....im very excited to reunite with my husband soon in Canada.....hope things will work out soon..........hey double rainbow thanks for ur wishes I tried to call cbsa and she said they have nothing to do with immigration files...what can I do ? I tried to call cic to get more info but because out side of Canada I cant get through...is there any other number for cic?
You are most welcome rathika2011 You receive the blue book from CBSA through the IAD which contain all of your file :( Maybe after this point if CIC cannot help bc it is outside then I would send a case specific e-mail not a regular IMM inquiry but rather a case specific it is best. The link I believe should be on the CIC site for your visa office abroad or perhaps any mail you have received from your VO. Check the web site link of your VO as well case specific link should be there under visas and Immigration. I hope this helps?

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
rathika2011 said:
have your husband go to his M.P office and explain the situation. Sometimes, they are very helpful --
they were in my case !

stay strong ! :D

rathika2011

Jul 13, 2011
toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december, 02-2010
Doc's Request.
july,08,2014
File Transfer...
JANUARY 17,2011
Med's Request
july,08,2014
Med's Done....
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
sept/03/14
LANDED..........
thank you Double Rainbow and gsize for replying hey guys I received this e-mail from my lawyer today...im confused when I spoke to the iad officer she said that the lawyers part is done I don't have to pay anything any more...guys read this and tell me ur option read below what my lawyer wrote to me did any one of u guys had to pay for ur lawyer after winning the appeal does the lawyer has to do another application? please advice?

The next step will be to submit it to the Consulate overseas to proceed with the re-determination. At the time that you retained us the re-determination processes were quite simple and straightforward. Now the process has become more of a re-application whereas the Consulates requests most documentation and information to be updated. For this, we will need to provide you with a quote for the re-determination. However, given that you are a current client, the fees will be significantly discounted. We will send you an email in the next few days with the quote.

thanks guys for ur advice

tunisianbride

Star Member
Feb 1, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 7, 2010
Interview........
May 5, 2010
rathika2011 said:
thank you Double Rainbow and gsize for replying hey guys I received this e-mail from my lawyer today...im confused when I spoke to the iad officer she said that the lawyers part is done I don't have to pay anything any more...guys read this and tell me ur option read below what my lawyer wrote to me did any one of u guys had to pay for ur lawyer after winning the appeal does the lawyer has to do another application? please advice?

The next step will be to submit it to the Consulate overseas to proceed with the re-determination. At the time that you retained us the re-determination processes were quite simple and straightforward. Now the process has become more of a re-application whereas the Consulates requests most documentation and information to be updated. For this, we will need to provide you with a quote for the re-determination. However, given that you are a current client, the fees will be significantly discounted. We will send you an email in the next few days with the quote.

The IAD is correct! Your lawyer shouldn't be charging you anything for the final steps. I used a lawyer as well for my appeal, and after winning, my lawyer didn't do anything. Ottawa sent me the medical, police check, etc. to me directly, which I then sent to my husband for completion. After we completed and submitted the forms to Ottawa, it was only a couple of weeks before my husband was able to pick up his Visa. You don't need your lawyer's help for any of this, as it's quite simple and straight-forward.

gsize

May 2, 2009
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2009....denied Feb 2010.....appeal allowed (August 2012)..waiting for processing
Doc's Request.
04/04/2013
File Transfer...
30/01/2013
Med's Done....
04/2013 (second time)
Passport Req..
21/02, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
18/03/2014
LANDED..........
05/04/2014
In my case, the nightmare continued AFTER I won the appeal (won appeal august 2012-landed April 2014). Consultants charged me $1000.00 to finish up the process which I thought was fair.

It really depends on your mental state and finances. If you fee strong, then do it yourself.

Maybe try to negotiate with your lawyer.

Best wishes :D

hilsten

Star Member
Jan 25, 2013
After winning the appeal .. you don't have to pay anyone !!! Lawyer do ask that if you want they can follow up for you and charge you bucks .. but really its require.

I got my medical, pCC request from OTTAWA directly .. and submitted the same ...

Wait for CIC to respond !!!

Double Rainbow

Oct 23, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/2012
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
09/2012
Med's Request
03/ 2014
Med's Done....
01/2014
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
05/2014
LANDED..........
rathika2011 said:

The next step will be to submit it to the Consulate overseas to proceed with the re-determination. At the time that you retained us the re-determination processes were quite simple and straightforward. Now the process has become more of a re-application whereas the Consulates requests most documentation and information to be updated. For this, we will need to provide you with a quote for the re-determination. However, given that you are a current client, the fees will be significantly discounted. We will send you an email in the next few days with the quote. Awwww you are welcome rathika2011. You should not have to pay anything to your lawyer now unless there is a bump in your file to finish the process? gsize paid to finish her process. Maybe it depends on the VO, country of sponsorship?